• 2 Post By Jbv33670
  • 2 Post By siriusblue
  • 1 Post By Dakar09

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 04-14-2019, 04:16 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Wheels sizes

Hello,

I bring you a recent test. A 35t (340cv) with wheels of 20 and 22. The difference in comfort is major, especially on the damaged portions. (Without adaptative dynamic)
On the other hand no real difference of handling. For mine, I demanded a 19, to the surprise of the dealer.
I can assure you that this is the most intelligent option I have taken.
No difference in handling, perfect comfort and no problem for the little off road. (with adaptative dynamic)
when the visual aspect, it suits me very well. I do not even talk about the difference in price when remlacement.
My advice, except to have a perfect bitumen, ask yourself the question of not taking tires too low

But this is only my opinion.

Enjoy !
TLockhart and Snoman like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-14-2019, 07:18 AM

City/State/Province: Oh
Comfort is subjective, but most people would agree there’s a drop in comfort as the tire size increases. I have 20s on my 35T, 19s on the 20d, and I’d say there is some drop off in comfort, but it’s minor. That’s the thing, though - It all depends on how much comfort the driver is willing to sacrifice, so there’s no really wrong or right choice, only what makes you happy. Case in point- Some dude is driving around in a lime green F-Pace w/ 35s on it.
Sid and bnztoy like this.

‘17 35T R Sport
‘17 20d
<<Good ‘ol days>>
‘88 XJ 40
‘90 VDP
‘94 XJS
‘01 X308
‘02 X-Type
‘05 X-Type
<<‘08-‘16 Lost Years
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
>>
post #3 of 8 Old 04-14-2019, 12:05 PM

City/State/Province: DC
lol i bet that person is not taking it on any rough roads though.

I think the 19 and 20" options leave the F-Pace lacking in the aesthetic department. 22s fill that wheel well and just look right. The ride is not that rough in my opinion, unless you're on poorly maintained roads all the time you won't notice the difference, especially on smooth interstate roads.

The 19 and 20 will have a higher aspect ratio, meaning more cushion against potholes, and new tires can be a little cheaper than 22s ($120-345/tire for 19s $199-396/tire for 22s), they will also have slightly less width (255 vs 265 on the 22s), so longer stopping distance and decreased traction in wet and snow given all other things being the same (make/model/speed rating/tread)

ultimately the largest differences are aesthetics and rough road ride quality, everything else is minor, so pick whichever makes sense for you

post #4 of 8 Old 04-14-2019, 04:53 PM

Garage
this topic has been beat to death here on the forum over the last two years. Especially back in the last half of 2016. Wheel sizes and weight do affect performance and ride, but so do the quality of the tires being used. A stiff sidewall tire on a 20 inch wheel, can ride rougher than a less stiff sidewall tire on a 22 inch wheel. Tire pressures also clearly have a big impact on the ride and handling. What you run on your F-Pace when it comes to wheels and tires is truly personal preference. For myself, I like the look of the 22s and I run Conti DWS 06s on therm because they are very good riding tires in that size. Better than anything else I've ever had on my cars. I've used them with 20s on an Infinity M45, with 19s on an Accord V6 2 door, and they allow you to get a compliant ride, great handling with the larger wheels. I also drive agressively around corners and my tires never ever squeal until I'm truly over the limit. I would say the way that I drive, a 20s with maybe even the same DWS06s would probably squeal quite a bit. It's personal preference.

2019 Ultra Blue F-Pace SVR in the house : 2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - traded on SVR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| 2018 BMW 440i xDrive MSport Convertible (wife's): 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible traded on 440i MSport | 2014 Honda Pilot - traded on F-Pace FE | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - Went to middle son | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife's) - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - oldest son Totaled
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife's) went to second oldest son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - traded on Infiniti
post #5 of 8 Old 04-15-2019, 12:04 AM

I think we can agree one of the big draws to this vehicle is its looks. I would have a very hard time convincing myself that I want comfort over looks while in the FPace. I didn't even know that 19s were an option on this car, hope they gave you a nice discount too
post #6 of 8 Old 04-15-2019, 10:46 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-FPace-F View Post
this topic has been beat to death here on the forum over the last two years. Especially back in the last half of 2016. Wheel sizes and weight do affect performance and ride, but so do the quality of the tires being used. A stiff sidewall tire on a 20 inch wheel, can ride rougher than a less stiff sidewall tire on a 22 inch wheel. Tire pressures also clearly have a big impact on the ride and handling. What you run on your F-Pace when it comes to wheels and tires is truly personal preference. For myself, I like the look of the 22s and I run Conti DWS 06s on therm because they are very good riding tires in that size. Better than anything else I've ever had on my cars. I've used them with 20s on an Infinity M45, with 19s on an Accord V6 2 door, and they allow you to get a compliant ride, great handling with the larger wheels. I also drive agressively around corners and my tires never ever squeal until I'm truly over the limit. I would say the way that I drive, a 20s with maybe even the same DWS06s would probably squeal quite a bit. It's personal preference.

^This is the key. High quality tires that are designed around wide, low profile applications. I run 22s with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ now and it rides perfectly for me, with very little difference between the stock 20" Goodyears that came on it (which road rough for a 20" in my opinion). Lightweight rims are also key if you are going that big. No Ebay specials made for Escalades.

As noted by others, I chose to capitalize on the utter dead sexy looks of the F-Pace and slap big rims and tires on it. No regrets, but to each his own.

Tony

2017 F-Pace R-Sport 3.5t in IRR, 1950 Ford F1 pickup
post #7 of 8 Old 04-15-2019, 10:47 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-FPace-F View Post

^This is the key. High quality tires that are designed around wide, low profile applications. I run 22s with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ now and it rides perfectly for me, with very little difference between the stock 20" Goodyears that came on it (which rode rough for a 20" in my opinion). Lightweight rims are also key if you are going that big. No Ebay specials made for Escalades.

As noted by others, I chose to capitalize on the utter dead sexy looks of the F-Pace and slap big rims and tires on it. No regrets, but to each his own.
bnztoy likes this.

Tony

2017 F-Pace R-Sport 3.5t in IRR, 1950 Ford F1 pickup
post #8 of 8 Old 04-15-2019, 11:49 PM

I stuck with the 255/55/r19 on my 2.0d R sport. When the tyres wear out am thinking about replacing with 275/50r19 at least on the rear same as a Porsche Cayenne. Anyone have experience?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page