8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 02-16-2019, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
F Pace S Wheel Size NYC

Hi,

About to order the F Pace S. These come with a 20" wheel. Anyone know how these will ride in the city, the roads aren't exactly the best. Or should I ask if I can get a 19" wheel instead?

Thanks guys,
P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 02-17-2019, 01:07 AM

City/State/Province: Towson, Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Yeates View Post
Hi,

About to order the F Pace S. These come with a 20" wheel. Anyone know how these will ride in the city, the roads aren't exactly the best. Or should I ask if I can get a 19" wheel instead?

Thanks guys,
P
Paul Yeates,

I have an S also, but with 22s'. I've set the suspension to 'Light' load and brought the PSI in the tires down to 34 (yours are probably set much higher than that). The 22s' ride fine now and I would imagine it would be the same with the 20s'.
post #3 of 23 Old 02-17-2019, 12:02 PM

Garage
I have an S with 20" wheels and my immediate surroundings are dirt roads with large ruts caused by rain/snow and bro-dozers as well as many potholes on the paved roads and they have held up well. My MY2017 R-Sport also had 20" wheels that did fine except on one outing that required an off road detour I got a minor scuff on one rim from the terrain. We have a member here who in the beginning had issues with knowing where in space his F-PACE was when driving in a city and repeatedly clipped a few curbs
Paul Yeates likes this.

" Never mistake her silence for weakness. Remember that sometimes the air stills,
before the onset of a hurricane." - Her Silence ~ Nikita Gill

2018 F-PACE S "Carina" Corris Grey
2017 35t R-Sport "Quorra" Ammonite Grey Jet interior Light Oyster Stitch - Rendered Total Loss Derezzed ~ 8/16/2017 Odometer 9,548 gone too soon

Other Vehicles
2004 Jaguar VDP
1976 Jaguar XJ6L
Etc.
Etc.
Etc

post #4 of 23 Old 02-17-2019, 02:37 PM

I have 20s on roads much worse than those in the City, and the wheels and ride quality are fine.
Cat Lady likes this.

Last edited by EagleJag; 02-17-2019 at 02:39 PM.
post #5 of 23 Old 02-17-2019, 05:57 PM
F Pace Expert

City/State/Province: Denver/Telluride
Agree on 20” wheels, they work fine. The 22’s look so sweet I get wheel envy when I see them though.

British Racing Green S with all the trimmings, Built 7/4/2016, delivered 8/22/16. Love it! BRG Grand Duke of Western Colorado Territories (minus Roaring Fork Valley) and Parts of Denver City
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 23 Old 02-17-2019, 06:06 PM

City/State/Province: Central PA/US
Garage
With an "S" with a 20" and 22" option the 20's are going to be just fine. To downgrade to the 19" premium wheels will serve no purpose. I make my way up to NYC and drive between Manhattan, Bklyn and L.I. and the 20" on my Pace are great.

2018 F-Pace 35T (Santorini Black); Cold Pkg, Nav, CILA Jet, Gun Metal Double Helix, Gun Metal Exhaust, Last of the 340hp's in '18.
post #7 of 23 Old 02-17-2019, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi Cat lady,

I see you had a R sport and now have an S? Which do you prefer?

Thanks!
P
post #8 of 23 Old 02-18-2019, 12:17 AM

Hey Paul, just so you know and to save you some time, if you polled every member in this forum about whether you should downgrade to the 19s, 99.5% would likely tell you to stick with the 20s. There will be no noticeable change in ride quality, you will downgrade the look of your car, and you will waste a bunch of money (my understanding is that there is no 19" wheel option for the S). And the member that Cat Lady referenced who kept curbing his wheels had the 22s and not the 20s.
VZX-CO and Cat Lady like this.

Last edited by EagleJag; 02-18-2019 at 12:21 AM.
post #9 of 23 Old 02-18-2019, 09:47 AM

Garage
20s should be fine. I have 22s and the road here around PA aren't the greatest. I moved to progressive springs and the ride is fine over most small bumps for me with 22s. I think you'll be perfectly fine with 20s.

2019 Ultra Blue F-Pace SVR in the house : 2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - traded on SVR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| 2018 BMW 440i xDrive MSport Convertible (wife's): 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible traded on 440i MSport | 2014 Honda Pilot - traded on F-Pace FE | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - Went to middle son | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife's) - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - oldest son Totaled
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife's) went to second oldest son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - traded on Infiniti
post #10 of 23 Old 02-18-2019, 02:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Yeates View Post
Hi Cat lady,

I see you had a R sport and now have an S? Which do you prefer?

Thanks!
P
this question may get you a much longer answer than you had hoped for
I was not in the market for a new car, but to get my husband off my back I went to the Jaguar dealer to look at the F-PACE in person. They had at least 25 of them on the lot with every configuration you could think of. The sales guy that attacked me at the door was arrogant, condescending and lacked any knowledge as to what he was trying to sell me (other than the bullet points in the brochure) let alone any knowledge on the history of Jaguar and could not even begin to comprehend why I was happy with the Jaguar I was already driving. So after test driving an "S" with all the bells and whistles and listening to him drone on about what he felt were the reasons to buy this car (with no attention paid to anything I said about reasons I wouldn't want to buy it) I left intrigued but irritated in the Jaguar I had arrived in.
I went home and for several days researched (including visiting this forum), and thought about what I would want in an F-PACE or if I even really wanted one. At the end of the week I knew what I wanted and searched all of the dealerships when low and behold the previous dealership I had gone to had a new F-PACE in stock and it was EXACTLY what I had wanted. So back I went. I walked in, asked to speak to the sales manager and informed him of my previous visit stating I would not deal with the previous sales guy.
Fast Forward...
I get a new sales guy who listens to what I say I give him stock number , he locates car, we go for short ride (I did not drive it) next thing you know I'm signing papers on my first new car. A MY2017 F-PACE R-Sport 35t in Ammonite Grey
For 5 months she was my heart. I LOVED everything about that car.
My heart broke when she was destroyed by a Drunk Driver and because I spent way too much time here I knew that replacing exactly what I had lost wouldn't be possible as the 35t engine was discontinued for R-Sport
I spent quite a bit of time trying to find a leftover version of her ANY where in the US with no luck.
So back I went to the dealer to order a new one, the MY2018 "S" in the same color but they changed the name Corris Grey.
The crash left me with PTSD so driving the "S" when it arrived was not an option. I have been working with my therapist and driving it more lately so here's what I can tell you.
I LOVED the R-Sport!!! Unlike everyone else here I actually liked the horizontal cross bars on the front air intakes etc. The only thing about it I didn't care for was the lower portion of the rear bumper that was flat black plastic.
So the "S" arrives and it has a gouge in the paint on the passenger side A pillar, hood alignment is way off, it lacks the Winter Wiper Mode etc but I take delivery (I was in no mental condition to do so and shouldn't have) with written promises to fix issues. I discover paint defects and a myriad of other things that make me not want the vehicle.
With therapy it is discovered that my emotional attachment to Quorra (MY2017 R-Sport) may be an issue

Fast Forward
I have now put a little over 2000 miles on MY2018 "S" and here is my take.
The "S" has the Dynamic suspension the R-Sport did not, it is so far an improvement on handling but not much on day to day potholes, speed bumps etc.
The exhaust note on the "S" 35t 380HP vs. R-Sport 35t 340HP is surprisingly louder and beefier. The additional 40HP makes her fun to drive except when it comes to gas mileage.
Both had the 20" wheels as I live on a dirt road I was anti 22" from the start.
I have driven 2 25t Premium F-PACE's as loaner cars and they aren't for me mostly due to the turbocharger vs supercharger.

So there is my long drawn out overshare on my R-Sport vs "S"
Both are BEAUTIFUL vehicles and you can't go wrong with either (unless you want the 35t suoercharged engine)
If there is something specific about the difference you want to know, give a shout out.
I believe @DPinTX also had an MY2017 R-Sport and now has a MY2019 "S"

oh yeah, because mine were 2017 & 2018 I got the stupid cup holder cover in the "S" and I HATE it
PA-FPace-F, burke1510 and cbrehman like this.

" Never mistake her silence for weakness. Remember that sometimes the air stills,
before the onset of a hurricane." - Her Silence ~ Nikita Gill

2018 F-PACE S "Carina" Corris Grey
2017 35t R-Sport "Quorra" Ammonite Grey Jet interior Light Oyster Stitch - Rendered Total Loss Derezzed ~ 8/16/2017 Odometer 9,548 gone too soon

Other Vehicles
2004 Jaguar VDP
1976 Jaguar XJ6L
Etc.
Etc.
Etc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page