6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 Old 08-08-2018, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

City/State/Province: Woodside, CA
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Front brake squeal?

All - I have 10k miles on my 2018 20d and for the past 3-4k miles, I've had a high pitched squeal from the passenger side on light or low-speed braking. The dealer replaced the front pads at 6k miles (when I took it in to complain) saying there was a service bulletin on the pads. No squeal for about 100 miles, and then it was back again.

Otherwise, brakes work perfectly fine with lots of stopping power at any speed. But the squeal is really annoying me.

Anyone else? Did you solve it? If so, what was the fix?

Chris

Last edited by h00die; 08-09-2018 at 12:00 AM. Reason: misspelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 08-22-2018, 04:42 PM

I had my 2017 F-Pace in for the 30,000 mile change in May and reported squeaky brakes. Dealer replicated issue and JLR replaced the rear brakes. Now 6,000 miles and 2 months later, the front brakes are squeaking.
She's in the shop now, service manager let me know they replicated the squeal and they cannot do anything for me at this point. It's a known issue but not fix! Frustrating!
post #3 of 33 Old 08-22-2018, 05:44 PM

I am now a member of the squeaky brakes club. My second annual service is coming up in two weeks, so I will ask the dealer to evaluate then.

I started noticing the squeak a week or so ago, off and on. I don't know if it's the front or the rear brakes. I have about 12,200 miles on the car.

Last edited by EagleJag; 08-23-2018 at 10:44 AM.

post #4 of 33 Old 08-22-2018, 06:07 PM

I have had the same issue off and on. They replaced my brakes also but I hear it even when I am not applying the brakes, usually at slow speed.
post #5 of 33 Old 08-23-2018, 07:40 AM

I have it now, too. Like @EagleJag , I'm also getting ready to go in for my second service (I'm at 18.5K miles). It's on the list of things for them to look at.

It's home where it belongs: 2017 Premium 2.0d, Italian Racing Red/Latte, Cold Climate Pack, Vision Pack, Nav Pack, SXM Radio, WiFi, Activity Key, XPEL, OpticoatPro.
post #6 of 33 Old 09-06-2018, 11:24 AM

I dropped the car off for service today and told the SA about my squeaky brakes. Subject, of course, to them actually looking at and testing the brakes, he told me that Jaguar warranties the pads for only 1 year/12,000 miles. I'm at 2 years and 12,900 miles. I'm easy on my brakes - never ride them and avoid slamming on them - and I've never had to replace brakes on any leased car I've ever had.

Does anyone who had his or her brakes replaced by the dealer after 1 year/12,000 miles have any TSB references I can refer the dealer to IF they come back and tell me my pads are shot and they are not covered under warranty?
post #7 of 33 Old 09-07-2018, 01:28 PM

Just got my car (2017 S) back today for the same issue. The dealership found a service bulletin (SSM73707) regarding the problem. Replaced the rear brakes, and applied a "lubricant" as suggested by the bulletin. 22K miles - no charge. Guess we'll see how long it lasts. FWIW; my squeak would also, on occasion, be noticeable WITHOUT applying the brakes.
post #8 of 33 Old 09-07-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGuy View Post
Just got my car (2017 S) back today for the same issue. The dealership found a service bulletin (SSM73707) regarding the problem. Replaced the rear brakes, and applied a "lubricant" as suggested by the bulletin. 22K miles - no charge. Guess we'll see how long it lasts. FWIW; my squeak would also, on occasion, be noticeable WITHOUT applying the brakes.
Very helpful, SoCalGuy. Thanks, and keep us posted on the durability of the fix.

i just put a call into the dealer for status update, since I haven't heard anything since dropping it off yesterday morning. Will definitely ask him about this bulletin.
post #9 of 33 Old 09-07-2018, 05:51 PM

Keep us posted Eagle!

2017 F-Pace S
2017 Jaguar XE Prestige
2013 RR Evoque (retired)
post #10 of 33 Old 09-07-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGuy View Post
I went through the same scenario and had the same service bulletin applied. It didn't fix my problem. To me it sounds like it is coming from the front not the rear. My squeak also occurs without applying the brakes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page