6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 Old 09-11-2018, 06:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGuy View Post
Ventura. And you?
Galpin had the 2017 exactly as I wanted her and after the crash nobody had a replacement but Galpin had an order going in that allowed me to sneak in before any other dealers could get one so that's where I went.

Good to know Ventura took good care of you for this issue in case it's needed in future

" Never mistake her silence for weakness. Remember that sometimes the air stills,
before the onset of a hurricane." - Her Silence ~ Nikita Gill

2018 F-PACE S "Carina" Corris Grey
2017 35t R-Sport "Quorra" Ammonite Grey Jet interior Light Oyster Stitch - Rendered Total Loss Derezzed ~ 8/16/2017 Odometer 9,548 gone too soon

Other Vehicles
2004 Jaguar VDP
1976 Jaguar XJ6L
Etc.
Etc.
Etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 Old 09-12-2018, 01:39 PM

City/State/Province: Savage MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleJag View Post
...But it highlights an issue I pointed out in this forum many times - dealer inconsistency. We should all be getting the same feedback from dealers on these and other issues, but we don't...
Generically speaking, why? These are not extensions of the manufacturer, they are independent companies. This allows dealers to win customers via being better with their customers. It's competition.

That said, it doesn't mean that dealers should get a free-pass on basic knowledge or known issues. I do think dealers should be accountable to be up to date on formal issues (recalls, TSB, etc). Maybe JLR makes it difficult to find these? However, when it comes to a goodwill repair, a warranty is a warranty. If a dealer wants to go beyond, great for the customer. If it was mandatory, it would be part of the original warranty (via and extension to that warranty).

Where this sucks is my situation...only one dealer within ~300mi.

2019 Fuji White F-Pace S
2012 Porsche Cayman R
2007 Subaru WRX Wagon
post #23 of 32 Old 09-16-2018, 03:29 PM

I had front brake squeal at about 9k miles. Dealer replaced break pads/rotors under warranty.

Then, at 19k the car developed break squeal also on rear axis . Dealer rejected doing any more break work under warranty and wanted 400 dollars to inspect.

If you get break squeal before 12k, my suggestion is that you get the dealer to replace break pads/rotors on ALL wheelss.

FPace

Bicycle

Skateboard

Last edited by JagFPace1; 09-16-2018 at 03:31 PM.

post #24 of 32 Old 04-02-2019, 06:16 PM

City/State/Province: CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagFPace1 View Post
I had front brake squeal at about 9k miles. Dealer replaced break pads/rotors under warranty.

Then, at 19k the car developed break squeal also on rear axis . Dealer rejected doing any more break work under warranty and wanted 400 dollars to inspect.

If you get break squeal before 12k, my suggestion is that you get the dealer to replace break pads/rotors on ALL wheelss.
Not to bring this back up 7m later, but when you say "replace all pads/rotors" ... how do you go about getting them to do that (other than ask of course). I would imagine they will tell me to go fly a kite if I ask for that. They MAY replace the squeaky ones (I have 11k miles) but to get them to replace the others as well?

I have no idea which tires are squeaking (i think it's front but hard to tell).

2018 F-Pace S, BRG with Brogue
Packages: Comfort & Convenience, Technology, Driver Assist, Black
Ash Veneer and Heated Windshield
post #25 of 32 Old 04-09-2019, 10:07 PM

Anyone thats replaced their brakes from the squeal did it stay gone or come back over time? Brought my f pace in Complaining of brake squeal and they told me they cant do anything under warranty because im past 12k miles😤...they reccomended replacing the rear pads, but my pads have 70% life all around! Makes no sense! I told them about the service bulletin and it was no help. Its looking like I might have to replace the brakes myself just wondering if i can expect to hear the squeal again?
post #26 of 32 Old 04-10-2019, 10:47 AM

Garage
My rear pads disintegrated on the driver's side with about 14K on the clock. I think there is an issue with the pad design, not shimmed properly, caliper pins not lubricated, or maybe even the calipers. I replaced them myself with aftermarket pads and haven't had an issue since, almost 16K later. I lubed the caliper slides myself and made sure I did the brake job properly (I'm an experienced DIY, but it's not hard to do).

I'm at nearly 30K now, and there is still plenty of life left on the front brakes and replaced rear pads with VERY aggressive driving style. So I don't think it's the material of the pads themselves that's the issue.

Point being, I think they are throwing the same poorly designed parts at the problem and don't do preventative stuff to all of the associated brake hardware when they have it apart. My 2 cents.

Tony

2017 F-Pace R-Sport 3.5t in IRR, 1950 Ford F1 pickup

Last edited by Dakar09; 04-10-2019 at 10:58 AM.
post #27 of 32 Old 04-10-2019, 02:01 PM

City/State/Province: orlando
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by h00die View Post
All - I have 10k miles on my 2018 20d and for the past 3-4k miles, I've had a high pitched squeal from the passenger side on light or low-speed braking. The dealer replaced the front pads at 6k miles (when I took it in to complain) saying there was a service bulletin on the pads. No squeal for about 100 miles, and then it was back again.

Otherwise, brakes work perfectly fine with lots of stopping power at any speed. But the squeal is really annoying me.

Anyone else? Did you solve it? If so, what was the fix?

Chris

You will always have this when it warms up like you did last summer. I would avoid time wasting trying to remove it. I bought my S a few months used from someone who found it unacceptable.

2018 F-Pace S
2015 Tundra 1794
2017 Ram 1500S
2015 Nissan Juke SVT
post #28 of 32 Old 04-10-2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakar09 View Post
My rear pads disintegrated on the driver's side with about 14K on the clock. I think there is an issue with the pad design, not shimmed properly, caliper pins not lubricated, or maybe even the calipers. I replaced them myself with aftermarket pads and haven't had an issue since, almost 16K later. I lubed the caliper slides myself and made sure I did the brake job properly (I'm an experienced DIY, but it's not hard to do).

I'm at nearly 30K now, and there is still plenty of life left on the front brakes and replaced rear pads with VERY aggressive driving style. So I don't think it's the material of the pads themselves that's the issue.

Point being, I think they are throwing the same poorly designed parts at the problem and don't do preventative stuff to all of the associated brake hardware when they have it apart. My 2 cents.
Thanks for the insight dakar!

If you dont mind me asking what type(brand) of pads did you use? Also did the rotors need to be replaced too? Im looking at purchasing the parts myself and having my friend install them. I have found some discounted OEM parts online but if the aftermarket parts are working without squeal im very interested.

Last edited by LTsFpace; 04-10-2019 at 10:25 PM.
post #29 of 32 Old 04-11-2019, 11:16 AM

Out of interest how did you replace the rears? I thought you needed a tool to reset the parking brake? I've had a bit of a squeal and just want to do a proper job in lubricating the pins etc.
post #30 of 32 Old 04-11-2019, 04:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTsFpace View Post
Thanks for the insight dakar!

If you dont mind me asking what type(brand) of pads did you use? Also did the rotors need to be replaced too? Im looking at purchasing the parts myself and having my friend install them. I have found some discounted OEM parts online but if the aftermarket parts are working without squeal im very interested.

I needed something quick because it was metal on metal back there, so I ordered these off of Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are actually working out really well, but if I did it I again with more time to find parts, I'd go with something much better (EBC Green or Yellow) or Hawk. Part choices still seem to be really limited for these. Same goes for rotors. I think OEM rotors is probably the best way to go for now (but not inexpensive by any means).

The rotors SHOULD have been replaced just because one of them was somewhat marked up, but it wasn't warped or grooved, just "rough" from the metal contact. I didn't replace them, and made sure I bedded the new rear pads properly. No issues noted. If I did the brakes at my current mileage, I would do all 4 corners with the same pads and new rotors all around.

Tony

2017 F-Pace R-Sport 3.5t in IRR, 1950 Ford F1 pickup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page