LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 12-15-2018, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
2017 to 2018 F-Pace Rear Seat Belt Issue

I purchased a 2017 F-Pace 3l Diesel Sport (good specification) in the UK and after a few trips the rear driver side back seat belt snagged in the plastic trim when moving slightly away from the door. This results in excess seat belt and slack over your body making the seat belt not safe as a consequence of it not retracting without manually positioning it back in line with the trim centre. I raised a case with JLR who stated this was itís normal design and operation. After further investigation JLR replaced the car with a 2018/2019 like for like new car and the issue has reoccurred which is no surprise as this is a design issue. I have read on the forum here that the Wilde Jaguar Dealership in Sarasota identified a fix which is simple involving the trim where the seat belt protrudes from. Could anybody please provide this fix so I can get my local dealer to carry out. I have a son who sits on the back of the car in an isofix seat with straps but when he moves up a car seat we are reliant on the safe operation of the rear seat belts which is a serious concern and I need some help please. Many Thanks David

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in