11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 Old 05-31-2018, 01:46 PM

City/State/Province: Swamptopia, Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAscent View Post
I mostly use the hitch for a bike rack. However, it would be nice to have those features for anytime I am towing something (even though I have a truck as well for any real towing needed).
Exact same situation here, including the truck option. I have the factory hitch and have not found a need for anything else. I remove the bike rack so rarely that being able to see the hitch is not an issue, partly because I ride regularly, partly because I have the Tundra for towing, and partly because my bike rack weighs about 90,000 pounds.
Attached Images

..don't need no stinkin' heated windshield............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 Old 05-31-2018, 09:14 PM

City/State/Province: Frisco, TX
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodog View Post
Exact same situation here, including the truck option. I have the factory hitch and have not found a need for anything else. I remove the bike rack so rarely that being able to see the hitch is not an issue, partly because I ride regularly, partly because I have the Tundra for towing, and partly because my bike rack weighs about 90,000 pounds.
That bike rack does loom like is weights 90,000 pounds, is that for motorcycle’s. You can’t get a simple straight hook for one bike.

DP

2019 Silicon Silver with Light Oyster / Jet interior, 22" Double Helix Wheels, AS Tires, Technology Pack, Luxury Pack, Comfort & Convenience Pack, Driver Assist Pack, HUD, WiFi Connect pack, Loadspace luggage rails. Does anyone read these signatures?

Replaced 2017 Ingot R-Sport @ 12864 mi

A forum post should be long enough to cover the subject yet short enough to generate interest.

I have been told by a forum member that I’m a “Wealth of Knowledge” just know I can’t spell for shirt.
post #13 of 22 Old 05-31-2018, 09:42 PM

City/State/Province: Swamptopia, Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPinTX View Post
That bike rack does loom like is weights 90,000 pounds, is that for motorcycle’s. You can’t get a simple straight hook for one bike.

DP
Nope. I usually carry two bikes to races, and as much time as I spend carrying my two wheel investments over roads with craters that rival those on the moon I want them secured.

..don't need no stinkin' heated windshield............

post #14 of 22 Old 06-04-2018, 08:30 PM

City/State/Province: Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gph View Post
I have a S and ordered the Stelth combo hitch today. It should be installed next Tuesday and will post pics.
Does your S have the factory tow package or will it only be the Stealth hitch? I ordered my S with the Factory tow options so I could get the extra on screen features, but I'm still planning on adding the Stealth Hitch as well, if possible because I like the "stealth" look
post #15 of 22 Old 06-04-2018, 08:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodog View Post
and even more of an exact situation, not only do we both have trucks for towing, I too have a Tundra haha. off topic but I debated on keeping or getting rid of the tundra when I decided to order the F-Pace but decided on keeping it, I love my Tundra and I've spent some time on a few upgrades for it as well, and since it's paid off, it's nice to keep around.

p.s. my bike rack is the Kuat rack as well, burly little racks! can't go wrong. I get tons of compliments even from people who don't even know what it is! They say "that's really nice! what is it?" hahaha
Turbodog likes this.
post #16 of 22 Old 06-04-2018, 08:41 PM

Garage
The factory installed receiver is quite unobtrusive. To be honest, I hardly notice it now.
Give it a little time. IMO, it would be overkill to replace an already installed one.
If not factory installed, absolutely.
GRVR likes this.

Ordered 10/3/16 Built 11/4/16 Delivered 12/8/16
2017 F-Pace S: IRR/Brogue/Satin Ash Burl/Oyster HL/Pano w Roof Rails/20" Blades.
Packages: Comfort and Convenience, Luxury Interior, Driver Assistance, Technology.
Heads Up Display, Tow Hitch Receiver, Activity Key

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #17 of 22 Old 06-04-2018, 08:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
The factory installed receiver is quite unobtrusive. To be honest, I hardly notice it now.
Give it a little time. IMO, it would be overkill to replace an already installed one.
If not factory installed, absolutely.
True, I've heard that from others as well. I won't have my F-Pace until August so for now I guess I'll see if it bothers me or not. I have higher priority mods to do first before replacing an existing hitch anyway
Thanks for your input!
post #18 of 22 Old 06-08-2018, 05:39 AM
jim

Quote:
I have a S and ordered the Stelth combo hitch today. It should be installed next Tuesday and will post pics.
Great...looking forward to the pics...thanks!

F-Pace S | Glacier White
post #19 of 22 Old 06-08-2018, 11:07 AM

City/State/Province: Arlington VA
Garage
Quote:
Has this been completed yet? Can you post pictures and, if you don't mind, the name of the shop that did it and the cost? I'm not far from you and have been considering adding this so that I can put a bike rack on the back.

2018 F-Pace 30T Portfolio, caesium blue, sienna interior, ceramic pro 9H, blacked out chrome, other minor bells and whistles, fully functioning ICTP nav voice commands!
post #20 of 22 Old 03-20-2019, 08:05 PM

Garage
Hi everyone, if you are interested the Stealth Hitch does fit on the F-Pace SVR. I took a bit of a risk after doing some measuring between my S and the SVR at the dealership during the trade in and purchase. Measurements looked close, so I ordered the Stealth and crossed my fingers. Today it arrived and I did the install. The install was pretty straight forward. Most of the connectors in an around the boot and under the bumper are the same from the SVR to the standard F-Pace, however the connectors/bolts, etc in the wheel wells are similar but in very different places. Also, the crimp connectors that connect the bumper cover to the fender, are quite a bit more difficult to disengage than on the standard F-Pace. So if any of you SVR owners decide to do this yourself, be very careful pulling the bumper cover away from the fenders and disengaging those crimp tabs.

Lastly, I didn't finish the wiring install yet. That's for this weekend with a multimeter.

Pics below.

First shot is the SVR with the 2 inch receiver engaged.
Second shot is during the install after I got the bumper cover removed.
Third shot is of the Stealth Mechanism and cross member that replaces the Jag bumper support.
Fourth shot is of the SVR after install with nothing attached to the stealth receiver, therefore, the SVR doesn't look like it even has a hitch.
Attached Images

GRVR likes this.

2019 Ultra Blue F-Pace SVR in the house : 2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - traded on SVR
| 2018 BMW 440i xDrive MSport Convertible (wife's): 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible traded on 440i MSport | 2014 Honda Pilot - traded on F-Pace FE | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - Went to middle son | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife's) - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - oldest son Totaled
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife's) went to second oldest son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - traded on Infiniti

Last edited by PA-FPace-F; 03-20-2019 at 08:13 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page