3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 04-15-2019, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

City/State/Province: Frisco, TX
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Off road F-PACE

Well that’s not good

2019 Silicon Silver with Light Oyster / Jet interior, 22" Double Helix Wheels, AS Tires, Technology Pack, Luxury Pack, Comfort & Convenience Pack, Driver Assist Pack, HUD, WiFi Connect pack, Loadspace luggage rails. Does anyone read these signatures?

Replaced 2017 Ingot R-Sport @ 12864 mi

A forum post should be long enough to cover the subject yet short enough to generate interest.

I have been told by a forum member that I’m a “Wealth of Knowledge” just know I can’t spell for shirt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 04-15-2019, 09:23 AM

City/State/Province: Atlanta GA
Garage
I really like where he tries to restart the car in the middle of the canal.
Yeah, that's it. I'll just drive it out!

Ordered 10/3/16 Built 11/4/16 Delivered 12/8/16
2017 F-Pace S: IRR/Brogue/Satin Ash Burl/Oyster HL/Pano w Roof Rails/20" Blades.
Packages: Comfort and Convenience, Luxury Interior, Driver Assistance, Technology.
Heads Up Display, Tow Hitch Receiver, Activity Key

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 17 Old 04-15-2019, 09:37 AM

Garage
Sad, I wonder what the situation was up to that point. Looks like he may have come up on a slower car and just drove off the road. Quick thinking opening the sunroof right away though. He had no idea how deep that water was and wanted a way out. Not sure about trying to start the thing though, not much chance that is going to happen!

2019 Ultra Blue F-Pace SVR in the house : 2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - traded on SVR
| 2018 BMW 440i xDrive MSport Convertible (wife's): 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible traded on 440i MSport | 2014 Honda Pilot - traded on F-Pace FE | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - Went to middle son | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife's) - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - oldest son Totaled
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife's) went to second oldest son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - traded on Infiniti

post #4 of 17 Old 04-15-2019, 06:26 PM

City/State/Province: Southeastern Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-FPace-F View Post
Sad, I wonder what the situation was up to that point. Looks like he may have come up on a slower car and just drove off the road. Quick thinking opening the sunroof right away though. He had no idea how deep that water was and wanted a way out. Not sure about trying to start the thing though, not much chance that is going to happen!

While I agree with you about the sunroof. I probably would have just tried opening the door first.
post #5 of 17 Old 04-15-2019, 10:38 PM
Sid

City/State/Province: Florida
Looked like a nice one too. What is that colour? Silicon silver?

2018 F-Pace 20D Premium. Indus Silver. 19" Gloss Black 5 Spoke Rims. Gloss Black Roof Rails. Black Pack. Vision Package. Looks fast Standing Still! Even though it isn't really.

2017 XE 25t. Fuji White. 20" Axe Rims. My first new Jag and dare I say it here, my fave.
post #6 of 17 Old 04-16-2019, 07:35 AM

City/State/Province: Maryland
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
Looked like a nice one too. What is that colour? Silicon silver?
It appears to be *Ingot* from the 2017 Lineup !!!

It was one of the Extra Charge PREMIUM colors , and I don't think there are too many out there !!!
Sid likes this.

2017 F-PACE *S* Glacier White w/JET Interior , 20" Grey/Diamond Turned Blades , Technology Pack , Luxury Pack , Comfort & Convenience Pack , Driver Assist Pack , Black Pack , HUD , Manufactured July , 2016 - Purchased Sept. 10 , 2016
- 2014 Ford Fusion
- 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

post #7 of 17 Old 04-16-2019, 08:21 AM

City/State/Province: Ontario
wow, that's something. I agree with you guys about the sun roof although I'm not sure that he would be able to get out with ease. Really curious if this was just a stupid decision to pass in a traffic situation or he lost control for some odd reason..

T. K.
Whitby
post #8 of 17 Old 04-16-2019, 10:29 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kconnor123 View Post
While I agree with you about the sunroof. I probably would have just tried opening the door first.
When you car is in water the doors probably will not open easily, it is a pressure thing, the weight of the water pushing against the door won't allow you to easily open it. Opening the sunroof or the windows would help with opening the door, once the car was fully sunk but the sunroof is the better option since it would be the last thing to go into the water. When he hit the water, I'm pretty sure he had no idea how deep it was and if his FP was going to sink or simply sit on the bottom like it ended up doing. Opening the doors, if he actually could even get them open, would have made it sink faster if it was deep enough to sink the FP. I believe he made the right choices completely other than trying to start the car.

His biggest wrong choice may have got him in the water in the first place.

2019 Ultra Blue F-Pace SVR in the house : 2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - traded on SVR
| 2018 BMW 440i xDrive MSport Convertible (wife's): 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible traded on 440i MSport | 2014 Honda Pilot - traded on F-Pace FE | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - Went to middle son | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife's) - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - oldest son Totaled
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife's) went to second oldest son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - traded on Infiniti
post #9 of 17 Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM

I think it's staged. The camera angle makes it seem like a passenger is filming, which I guess could have been coincidental. (I watched this with the sound off, so maybe he says something?)
NewToCats likes this.

It's home where it belongs: 2017 Premium 2.0d, Italian Racing Red/Latte, Cold Climate Pack, Vision Pack, Nav Pack, SXM Radio, WiFi, Activity Key, XPEL, OpticoatPro.
post #10 of 17 Old Yesterday, 09:51 AM

Comments are quite harsh. A bunch of haters. Quick thinking and decent reaction without panic is what I see. I mean he couldn’t have been going too fast or the vehicle would have flipped, in my opinion. I imagine he’s only hitting start to get power to that moon roof, not to drive out like he’s driving some amphibian vehicle. Nobody made note of the gaulkers in the background, nobody able to help? Is it plausible that all the problems people have been having with their fpace’s is the reason: what if the new software update made the brakes fail?!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page