3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 Old 04-17-2019, 10:42 AM

City/State/Province: Atlanta GA
Garage
Believe he had power after splashdown, radio is playing and nav display on.
Software update caused brakes to fail? Sure, that’s the ticket.
Haters got to hate.

Ordered 10/3/16 Built 11/4/16 Delivered 12/8/16
2017 F-Pace S: IRR/Brogue/Satin Ash Burl/Oyster HL/Pano w Roof Rails/20" Blades.
Packages: Comfort and Convenience, Luxury Interior, Driver Assistance, Technology.
Heads Up Display, Tow Hitch Receiver, Activity Key

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 04-17-2019, 10:50 AM

You are all right! I take it all back. Richie Rich crashes his Ignot FPace into the water. No airbag? What kind of CGI trickery are we watching.
post #13 of 19 Old 04-17-2019, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

City/State/Province: Frisco, TX
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRVR View Post
It appears to be *Ingot* from the 2017 Lineup !!!

It was one of the Extra Charge PREMIUM colors , and I don't think there are too many out there !!!
Yes that’s the color. I had that on my 17 it was very unique and sorry to see it go

DP

2019 Silicon Silver with Light Oyster / Jet interior, 22" Double Helix Wheels, AS Tires, Technology Pack, Luxury Pack, Comfort & Convenience Pack, Driver Assist Pack, HUD, WiFi Connect pack, Loadspace luggage rails. Does anyone read these signatures?

Replaced 2017 Ingot R-Sport @ 12864 mi

A forum post should be long enough to cover the subject yet short enough to generate interest.

I have been told by a forum member that I’m a “Wealth of Knowledge” just know I can’t spell for shirt.

post #14 of 19 Old 04-17-2019, 09:49 PM

City/State/Province: Maryland
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
Looked like a nice one too. What is that colour? Silicon silver?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPinTX View Post
Yes that’s the color. I had that on my 17 it was very unique and sorry to see it go

DP
After further observation of the photos of it being pulled out , and up on the tow truck ,
I'm pretty sure that the color is QUARTZITE !!!

2017 F-PACE *S* Glacier White w/JET Interior , 20" Grey/Diamond Turned Blades , Technology Pack , Luxury Pack , Comfort & Convenience Pack , Driver Assist Pack , Black Pack , HUD , Manufactured July , 2016 - Purchased Sept. 10 , 2016
- 2014 Ford Fusion
- 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

post #15 of 19 Old 04-17-2019, 10:00 PM

I think he was trying to turn the ignition off. Looks like this happened in Brazil?

R-Sport. Quartzite. 22" rims. Fully loaded. Looks brilliant. Considering trading for an Aviator (for touring), but the F-P is really hard to let go

post #16 of 19 Old 04-18-2019, 10:45 AM

City/State/Province: Southeastern Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andoo View Post
Comments are quite harsh. A bunch of haters. Quick thinking and decent reaction without panic is what I see. I mean he couldn’t have been going too fast or the vehicle would have flipped, in my opinion. I imagine he’s only hitting start to get power to that moon roof, not to drive out like he’s driving some amphibian vehicle. Nobody made note of the gaulkers in the background, nobody able to help? Is it plausible that all the problems people have been having with their fpace’s is the reason: what if the new software update made the brakes fail?!
Ummm.....Software could cause the brakes to fail?

As far as i know the brakes are not electric. Or even electric assist. Trying to figure out any mechanism where that could be a possibility.

Looks a lot to me like he was simply trying to avoid hitting something in front of him and landing in a water filled ditch was the better alternative than into the back of whatever he was gonna hit.

Just glad everyone was safe. Only injury was to the insurance companies pocketbook.
post #17 of 19 Old 04-18-2019, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

City/State/Province: Frisco, TX
Garage
(Thread Starter)
The owner lives in São Paulo, Brazil I sent him an email and asked what happen, I will let you know if he responds
NewToCats likes this.

2019 Silicon Silver with Light Oyster / Jet interior, 22" Double Helix Wheels, AS Tires, Technology Pack, Luxury Pack, Comfort & Convenience Pack, Driver Assist Pack, HUD, WiFi Connect pack, Loadspace luggage rails. Does anyone read these signatures?

Replaced 2017 Ingot R-Sport @ 12864 mi

A forum post should be long enough to cover the subject yet short enough to generate interest.

I have been told by a forum member that I’m a “Wealth of Knowledge” just know I can’t spell for shirt.
post #18 of 19 Old 04-18-2019, 11:40 PM

City/State/Province: Maryland
Garage
I don't know if anyone else can see it or not ,
but if you look closely at the bottom of the windshield ,
there appears to be a fairly large CRACK in it !!!

I'm going to guess that something was flying up at him ,
and he tried to avoid it , but it hit & cracked his windshield !!!

At the beginning of the video ,
you can see the crack is there , BEFORE he goes into the water !!!

2017 F-PACE *S* Glacier White w/JET Interior , 20" Grey/Diamond Turned Blades , Technology Pack , Luxury Pack , Comfort & Convenience Pack , Driver Assist Pack , Black Pack , HUD , Manufactured July , 2016 - Purchased Sept. 10 , 2016
- 2014 Ford Fusion
- 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

post #19 of 19 Old 04-19-2019, 12:43 AM

City/State/Province: Atlanta GA
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by elektrapops View Post
I think he was trying to turn the ignition off. Looks like this happened in Brazil?
That makes sense. If the engine died, but the ignition was still on, I think you need to be in park to shut off the ignition.
I don’t know if the emergency shutdown procedure-push stop/start button for more than 2 seconds or push stop/start button twice within 3 seconds, will also kill the ignition if you’re out of park. .

Ordered 10/3/16 Built 11/4/16 Delivered 12/8/16
2017 F-Pace S: IRR/Brogue/Satin Ash Burl/Oyster HL/Pano w Roof Rails/20" Blades.
Packages: Comfort and Convenience, Luxury Interior, Driver Assistance, Technology.
Heads Up Display, Tow Hitch Receiver, Activity Key

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page