19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 03-23-2019, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

City/State/Province: Jacksonville, Florida
(Thread Starter)
New Member from Jacksonville, Florida

What a great forum for the F-Pace! You guys (and ladies) have been a great help to me in deciding what to order to replace my 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Ultimate (which I love). Two test drives convinced me that the S is most desirable from a power plant point-of-view (don't need an SVR -- 550 HP -- in my old age), but it also convinced me that I can settle for 296 HP, and whatever turbo lag it might exhibit (I didn't notice any). Firenze Red is my color choice, although Caesium Blue is a close second for my personal taste. However, what really drove my choice of model is the Latte Windsor interior in the Portfolio. In the "Configurator," those latte seats and the brown (espresso) dash and trim really blew me away! What (apparent) luxury! When I saw a YouTube video of a similar configuration delivered to a Nottingham, England, customer in this forum, I was convinced.

I also struggled with the "safety vs appearance" issue that is thoroughly addressed in this forum. Like some others, I wish that the designers/developers had found another way to position or disguise the forward-looking radar without putting a plastic plate in front of the growler emblem. I decided that I could do without the ACC with steering assist, as well as the high-speed emergency braking, in order to avoid the plastic. However, I do not want to give up the blind spot assist, since there are many road trips ahead of me in retirement (God willing), and since so many discourteous Jacksonville drivers make sudden and unexpected (no turn signal) lane changes in heavy traffic. Therefore, I decided that I would have to tolerate the plastic in front. After all, I have already given up my preferred exterior appearance of the S (with the black package), in order to get the Portfolio's beautiful Windsor leather latte interior. The bottom line -- I have chosen to give more importance to what I will see most of the time (the inside).

The next step is to deliver my desired configuration link to my local sales agent to see if I can still order a 2019 model this late in March. The forum's experience with (and sometimes without) discounts has also helped me to prepare how I will approach negotiation. Thank God for this forum and for all of you who have contributed to my knowledge of the most beautiful SUV in the world.
bpmba, VZX-CO, PA-FPace-F and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-24-2019, 06:22 AM

City/State/Province: Oh
Welcome, and It’s a good time w/ 0% down/0% Interest deals going on, BUT, I’m not sure those terms apply to getting anything non-stock at the dealership beyond SVRs. Sounds like you’re doing all the right research. The one regret I have on both of mine is that I didn’t get adaptive cruise. Good luck!
JaxJaguar likes this.

‘17 35T R Sport
‘17 20d
<<Good ‘ol days>>
‘88 XJ 40
‘90 VDP
‘94 XJS
‘01 X308
‘02 X-Type
‘05 X-Type
<<‘08-‘16 Lost Years
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
>>
post #3 of 13 Old 03-24-2019, 06:43 PM

City/State/Province: CO
Welcome . . . and I am glad you are planning to get the F-Pace the way YOU want it. As you have discovered everyone has their favorite options and desires for their F-Pace.
JaxJaguar likes this.

2019 F-Pace S Firenze Red with Brogue & Oyster stitching

post #4 of 13 Old 03-24-2019, 06:48 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum and good luck on your order. I think if you negotiate hard you might get the 2500 off a new order, but I don't believe the order will deliver in time for the zero financing. Might be worth it to check Jags inventory within 200miles of your place and see if you can find something close to your setup. I know my dealership alone has 31 F-Paces in various configurations.
JaxJaguar likes this.

2019 Ultra Blue F-Pace SVR in the house : 2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - traded on SVR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| 2018 BMW 440i xDrive MSport Convertible (wife's): 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible traded on 440i MSport | 2014 Honda Pilot - traded on F-Pace FE | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - Went to middle son | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife's) - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - oldest son Totaled
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife's) went to second oldest son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - traded on Infiniti
post #5 of 13 Old 03-24-2019, 07:28 PM

City/State/Province: Atlanta GA
Garage
I would reconsider not ordering the ACC because of the clear plastic over the growler on the front.
It’s one of the best optional features and now includes steering assist, which wasn’t available in 2017. I agree they could have come up with a more elegant solution, but after a couple of weeks, you won’t even notice the lack of the 3D growler. At least I don’t.
PA-FPace-F and BeachBum like this.

Ordered 10/3/16 Built 11/4/16 Delivered 12/8/16
2017 F-Pace S: IRR/Brogue/Satin Ash Burl/Oyster HL/Pano w Roof Rails/20" Blades.
Packages: Comfort and Convenience, Luxury Interior, Driver Assistance, Technology.
Heads Up Display, Tow Hitch Receiver, Activity Key

Last edited by skyking; 03-24-2019 at 07:49 PM.
post #6 of 13 Old 03-24-2019, 08:20 PM

City/State/Province: Maryland
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJaguar View Post
Therefore, I decided that I would have to tolerate the plastic in front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
I would reconsider not ordering the ACC because of the clear plastic over the growler on the front.
It’s one of the best optional features and now includes steering assist, which wasn’t available in 2017. I agree they could have come up with a more elegant solution, but after a couple of weeks, you won’t even notice the lack of the 3D growler. At least I don’t.

skyking and JaxJaguar like this.

2017 F-PACE *S* Glacier White w/JET Interior , 20" Grey/Diamond Turned Blades , Technology Pack , Luxury Pack , Comfort & Convenience Pack , Driver Assist Pack , Black Pack , HUD , Manufactured July , 2016 - Purchased Sept. 10 , 2016
- 2014 Ford Fusion
- 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

post #7 of 13 Old 03-24-2019, 08:35 PM

City/State/Province: Atlanta GA
Garage
Oops!!! Missed that!!! Well, at least I’m glad he made a good decision.
PA-FPace-F, GRVR, BeachBum and 1 others like this.

Ordered 10/3/16 Built 11/4/16 Delivered 12/8/16
2017 F-Pace S: IRR/Brogue/Satin Ash Burl/Oyster HL/Pano w Roof Rails/20" Blades.
Packages: Comfort and Convenience, Luxury Interior, Driver Assistance, Technology.
Heads Up Display, Tow Hitch Receiver, Activity Key

Last edited by skyking; 03-25-2019 at 01:22 AM.
post #8 of 13 Old 04-08-2019, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

City/State/Province: Jacksonville, Florida
(Thread Starter)
Ordered my Portfolio on 4-3-19. Build sheet says build date 6-7-19 and delivery date 6-14-19. I was pleasantly surprised that the anticipated delivery date is less than 3 months from the order date. I was further surprised that the model year will be 2020. Finally decided on Firenze Red with Latte/Espresso interior. Ordered most options, but settled for standard 20" wheels to ensure the most comfortable ride, based on many comments here on the Forum. Thanks for everyone's input to date. Will upload photos when the blessed event comes to pass.
post #9 of 13 Old 04-08-2019, 03:19 PM

City/State/Province: Palm Beach, Florida
Quote:
Ordered my Portfolio on 4-3-19. Build sheet says build date 6-7-19 and delivery date 6-14-19. I was pleasantly surprised that the anticipated delivery date is less than 3 months from the order date. I was further surprised that the model year will be 2020. Finally decided on Firenze Red with Latte/Espresso interior. Ordered most options, but settled for standard 20" wheels to ensure the most comfortable ride, based on many comments here on the Forum. Thanks for everyone's input to date. Will upload photos when the blessed event comes to pass.
I guarantee that you will be a very happy owner. As a Brit I feel qualified to comment on what is anticipated as your delivery date to Jacksonville after build. Good Luck with that! Realistically 6/14/19 will be the release from the plant, but you should expect a shipping delay of more than a week after build. Maybe we should start a pool. I will take 7/4/19 naturally
post #10 of 13 Old 04-13-2019, 05:08 PM

City/State/Province: PA
2020 MY Changes and pricing

Quote:
JaxJaguar,
Do you have any info on 2020 MY changes and pricing?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page