LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 02-19-2019, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Jay

City/State/Province: Bay Area, CA
(Thread Starter)
Exhaust Resonator Delete?

Has anyone tried removing the 2 longer resonators in the exhaust with straight pipes? I like the stock exhaust note with the 35t but looking to give it a little more oomph! Would deleting them increase drone or increase unwanted raspiness?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-19-2019, 07:00 PM

Garage
I haven't heard of anyone doing this. You are talking about the resonators at the very back yes? If so you may be able to get a sample of the sound and drone that may or may not be there by simply unbolting the pipes at the intersection just ahead of the rear diff. I wouldn't drive that way, but it will at least give you sample of the sound before you go through the work.

The other option would be finding someone who might be putting on a new exhaust soon and have them record the sound once they've pulled off the back section on both sides before putting on their new Axle Back Exhaust.

I'm thinking it may be exceedingly loud though.

2019 Ultra Blue F-Pace SVR in the house : 2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - traded on SVR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| 2018 BMW 440i xDrive MSport Convertible (wife's): 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible traded on 440i MSport | 2014 Honda Pilot - traded on F-Pace FE | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - Went to middle son | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife's) - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - oldest son Totaled
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife's) went to second oldest son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - traded on Infiniti

Last edited by PA-FPace-F; 02-19-2019 at 07:03 PM.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-19-2019, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Jay

City/State/Province: Bay Area, CA
(Thread Starter)
If I was to do that then that would essentially be doing a muffler delete which isn’t what I want. And yes I’m talking about the two long cylinder resonators in the back. I’ve heard other 35t guys in different models doing it and really enjoying the simple mod but not for an F pace unfortunately 😕
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-FPace-F View Post
I haven't heard of anyone doing this. You are talking about the resonators at the very back yes? If so you may be able to get a sample of the sound and drone that may or may not be there by simply unbolting the pipes at the intersection just ahead of the rear diff. I wouldn't drive that way, but it will at least give you sample of the sound before you go through the work.

The other option would be finding someone who might be putting on a new exhaust soon and have them record the sound once they've pulled off the back section on both sides before putting on their new Axle Back Exhaust.

I'm thinking it may be exceedingly loud though.

-Jaguar F-Pace 35t
-BMW M6 Gran Coupe

post #4 of 7 Old 02-19-2019, 09:00 PM

It's like pulling the baffles out of a Harley exhaust.. I did that once, for all of about 1 day and the raspy "Get a ticket" sound was so loud, they went back in the next day. I'm not against louder pipes, but not ones that make everyone stare at you in disgust....

2018 Fuji White 20D R-Sport,20" Black Wheels, Black roof rails, Jet & Oyster seats, Black Pack, Convenience Pack, Lux Pack, Tech Pack, Activity Key...
All Diesel Fleet here !
Other vehicles:
2014 Jeep GC Summit 3.0 CRD
2004 Ram 2500 Cummins No CAT or SCR. Last year for it.

2005 Infiniti FX 45 Only Gasser I got.. Fast and Solid....
post #5 of 7 Old 02-20-2019, 10:10 AM

City/State/Province: North Carolina
Garage
Also would add that I am not sure it would give it any more of the "oomph" you are seeking. I just do not think they are restrictive enough to make a difference. Now if you are talking headers and free-flowing cats, different story. The majority of the exhaust restriction takes place at the front of the car.

2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

1968 Corvette Convertible
post #6 of 7 Old 05-14-2019, 02:23 AM

Hi Jay

Iím about to do this on my wifeís E-Pace P250. Iíve done a resonator (not muffler!) delete on three cars previously (Polo GTI, Golf GTI and R) and it worked perfectly. Not really any louder until you open the taps. Of course no more power, but at least it sounds faster. No reason for it not to work on the E or F.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-15-2019, 05:22 PM

City/State/Province: Frisco, TX
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV911 View Post
Hi Jay

Iím about to do this on my wifeís E-Pace P250. Iíve done a resonator (not muffler!) delete on three cars previously (Polo GTI, Golf GTI and R) and it worked perfectly. Not really any louder until you open the taps. Of course no more power, but at least it sounds faster. No reason for it not to work on the E or F.
Do a before and after video so we can hear the sound difference

DP

2019 Silicon Silver with Light Oyster / Jet interior, 22" Double Helix Wheels, AS Tires, Technology Pack, Luxury Pack, Comfort & Convenience Pack, Driver Assist Pack, HUD, WiFi Connect pack, Loadspace luggage rails. Does anyone read these signatures?

Replaced 2017 Ingot R-Sport @ 12864 mi

A forum post should be long enough to cover the subject yet short enough to generate interest.

I have been told by a forum member that Iím a ďWealth of KnowledgeĒ just know I canít spell for shirt.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page