2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 30 Old 04-09-2019, 07:31 AM

Carmen, I sent you a private message over the weekend regarding my 2017 F Pace S that is for sale. I am currently looking at a SVR. If you are unable to view it contact me at [email protected] if you are interested. If not no biggie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 Old 04-09-2019, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0118 View Post
Carmen, I sent you a private message over the weekend regarding my 2017 F Pace S that is for sale. I am currently looking at a SVR. If you are unable to view it contact me at [email protected] if you are interested. If not no biggie.
I didnít see your Private message. And I appreciate the offer. Iíll def consider and give it more though..and email you if I become serious.

The only issue is that one of the main reasons Iím considering the jag is because of the CPO. I can get a 2017 (for example) and be covered until 2022 (in-service date being late 2016). Also up to 100k miles..which ever comes first. Thatís really appealing to me because if I really wanted I could use it as my daily driver and rack up all the miles I want..sell/trade in when the CPO is up. Sure Iíd take a loss because of high mileage but Iíd get my use out of the car. Iím still weighing all my options though. Thanks again.
post #23 of 30 Old 04-11-2019, 03:59 PM

City/State/Province: GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
I’m in New Jersey. I keep flip flopping but right now I’m leaning towards the Porsche. I might wait a few months and save alittle more and step up into a 2016 macan turbo or 2017 macan gts. With a CPO I can get 2+ years out of a 2016 or 3+ out of the 2017.

The jaguar isn’t out of the running as of yet..I suppose if the right one came along I’d consider it. It’s prob gonna come down to a great deal rather than me waiting for a particular car. I’ll let the decision make itself for me..since I can’t decide on my own lol.
The Jaguar -could- have an even better warranty(!) I believe you should be able to elect to pay a little extra (like, $1,000) and you will get an extra year of coverage (ie: 7 years from in-service date) - so long as you stay under 100k miles. So, if you don't think you'll do the miles with 6 years, it may be worth it for the extra year peace of mind.

PS: I chose the jag, and I'm very happy

2018 DSBlue 30t prestige

post #24 of 30 Old 04-12-2019, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefrank View Post
The Jaguar -could- have an even better warranty(!) I believe you should be able to elect to pay a little extra (like, $1,000) and you will get an extra year of coverage (ie: 7 years from in-service date) - so long as you stay under 100k miles. So, if you don't think you'll do the miles with 6 years, it may be worth it for the extra year peace of mind.

PS: I chose the jag, and I'm very happy
Thanks for letting me know about that! Iíll consider it especially since I doubt Iíll hit that 100k mark with a 2017 CPO. That gives me about 3.5 years of warranty. Iíd have to drive over 25k miles per year to get close.

My current dilemma is a 2016 macan turbo CPO. That gets me closer to 2.5 years of warranty because of the remaining factory warranty. But getting a 2016 bumps up the price closer to $60k.

The F-Pace S is about $50k..which Iím more comfortable with. But the Porsche Macan turbo is clearly the better overall vehicle and prob will hold its value much better. I think the pros to the jaguar would be less of a cost of maintenance, longer warranty..maybe I missed something idk. I could really just drive the jaguar into the ground if I wanted to..just try to use it up to 100k miles and not worry about resale. The macan on the other hand, that would be tough to do. I feel like Iím obligated to baby it and take extra care of it. Anybody else have thoughts off of that?
post #25 of 30 Old 04-12-2019, 05:55 PM

Garage
Quote:

The F-Pace S is about $50k..which Iím more comfortable with. But the Porsche Macan turbo is clearly the better overall vehicle and prob will hold its value much better. I think the pros to the jaguar would be less of a cost of maintenance. I could really just drive the jaguar into the ground if I wanted to..just try to use it up to 100k miles and not worry about resale. The macan on the other hand, that would be tough to do. I feel like Iím obligated to baby it and take extra care of it. Anybody else have thoughts off of that?
As someone who has owned 4 Jaguars (currently own 3) I am personally offended.
Jaguar maintenance would not be cheaper.
I feel obligated to baby all 3 of my Jaguars.
Clearly you are more captivated by Porsche so I would go with the one that will bring you the joy even if it's a little more expensive or has a shorter warranty

" Never mistake her silence for weakness. Remember that sometimes the air stills,
before the onset of a hurricane." - Her Silence ~ Nikita Gill

2018 F-PACE S "Carina" Corris Grey
2017 35t R-Sport "Quorra" Ammonite Grey Jet interior Light Oyster Stitch - Rendered Total Loss Derezzed ~ 8/16/2017 Odometer 9,548 gone too soon

Other Vehicles
2004 Jaguar VDP
1976 Jaguar XJ6L
Etc.
Etc.
Etc
post #26 of 30 Old 04-12-2019, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Lady View Post
As someone who has owned 4 Jaguars (currently own 3) I am personally offended.
Jaguar maintenance would not be cheaper.
I feel obligated to baby all 3 of my Jaguars.
Clearly you are more captivated by Porsche so I would go with the one that will bring you the joy even if it's a little more expensive or has a shorter warranty
Sorry catlady

Iím just throwing random ideas out there..I turned to this forum because I needed some guidance and knowledge. I hate to assume things and offend anybody. I never owned a jag or Porsche..so all Iím going off of is what Iím reading. Iíd rather hear feedback from people who actually own and drive these cars.

From what I gathered it seemed that Porsche is higher upkeep than the jag. Itís not really that Iím captivated by Porsche, I do feel itís a more premium brand. Doesnít exactly mean that I have to have it or I wouldnít be happy with either.

Would you agree that the jag would depreciate faster? Thatís the only reason why i made the comment that Iíd drive the jag into the ground. Meaning, I tend to keep my cars longer than 3-5 years. If Iím not worried about resale, ofcourse in the first few years Iíd totally baby the vehicle. After 5 years or so it would turn into my workhorse and Iíd prob have a second vehicle..as I drive a pretty big distance to and from work.
post #27 of 30 Old 04-13-2019, 09:21 AM

City/State/Province: Titusville/Florida
Garage
Quote:
...It’s not really that I’m captivated by Porsche, I do feel it’s a more premium brand...
The cachet of the brand is very important to me, too. And if in your opinion the Porsche is more "premium" than the Jaguar, and you're so at sea on the other factors, then I suppose you belong in the Porsche.
(For me, in my sixty-years-plus of car nutdom, the less common Jaguar has always been more "spayshul".)
Cat Lady likes this.

- Ted
2017 Italian Racing Red R Sport 35t, black trim, 20" black wheels, red & black interior, HUD, Feynlab ceramic coating
& 2005 Bronze 50th Anniversary Edition Ford Thunderbird, customized & modified

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #28 of 30 Old 04-13-2019, 11:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
Would you agree that the jag would depreciate faster? .
I think they will both depreciate close to the same rate however in the end the F-PACE will not be as valuable to the general public because for as long as I can remember people have been obsessed with anything that has the Porsche name on it.

" Never mistake her silence for weakness. Remember that sometimes the air stills,
before the onset of a hurricane." - Her Silence ~ Nikita Gill

2018 F-PACE S "Carina" Corris Grey
2017 35t R-Sport "Quorra" Ammonite Grey Jet interior Light Oyster Stitch - Rendered Total Loss Derezzed ~ 8/16/2017 Odometer 9,548 gone too soon

Other Vehicles
2004 Jaguar VDP
1976 Jaguar XJ6L
Etc.
Etc.
Etc
post #29 of 30 Old 04-13-2019, 06:28 PM

City/State/Province: Maryland
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai Uy Ted View Post
the less common Jaguar has always been more "spayshul".)
PLEASE don't mention the word SPAY or NEUTER around OUR *S* Cat !!!
Jaguar decided to spay and neuter a bunch of Cats back in 2018 !!!

I think they are called *25t* & *30t* !!!

2017 F-PACE *S* Glacier White w/JET Interior , 20" Grey/Diamond Turned Blades , Technology Pack , Luxury Pack , Comfort & Convenience Pack , Driver Assist Pack , Black Pack , HUD , Manufactured July , 2016 - Purchased Sept. 10 , 2016
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2014 Ford Fusion
- 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

post #30 of 30 Old 04-13-2019, 06:31 PM

City/State/Province: Maryland
Garage
And then in 2019 ,
they decided to send some F-PACE *S* Cats to have some Plastic Surgery ,
and put them on STEROIDS !!!

. . . . . . . The SVR !!!

2017 F-PACE *S* Glacier White w/JET Interior , 20" Grey/Diamond Turned Blades , Technology Pack , Luxury Pack , Comfort & Convenience Pack , Driver Assist Pack , Black Pack , HUD , Manufactured July , 2016 - Purchased Sept. 10 , 2016
- 2014 Ford Fusion
- 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

Last edited by GRVR; 04-13-2019 at 07:02 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page