8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 01-03-2019, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Credit where Credit's Due (F-Pace vs others)

As my '17 F-Pace Prestige (v6s) is going through buyback due to various screw ups, I have to give credit where i'ts due.

I'm looking at other makes/models as I'm pretty fed up the way Jaguar/Dealership has been handling my issues.

Looked at the Audi Q5/SQ5 (New and older), and new VW Tiguan, Porsche Macan, Porsche Cayenne (used to stay in my price range), Mercedes GLC/GLE, Acura RDX SH-AWD, Nissan Murano BE, Land Rover Velar.

Yes, I've been busy.

I can honestly say, that for the price the F-Pace is configured at (2.5t/3.0t(4cyl turbo and 6cyl supercharged versions) the F-pace beats them all.

No other car offered the combination of everything the F-Pace offers at various price points.

For example :
The Audi SQ5 has about the same acceleration, but much smaller inside and boring exterior. The S5 is much slower, the stereo does not match the ugraded surround sound Meridian offers.
The Velar is like driving a boat, even in dynamic mode and the interior , albeit very pretty to look at, gets bad sunglare as well as is a finger magnet.
The Porsche macan is slower (unless you get the Turbo model) and MUCH smaller inside. The seats are not as comfy either. (I am 6'4", 205Lbs).
The Porsche Cayenne was good, until you look at the 100 buttons inside and the extremely lacking tech options it has and the poor quality LCD displays used. They don't even have full wifi in the car until '18 models).
the VW looked amazing inside, most room for the back seats, best price, but the performance was DANGEROUSLY unresponsive. I mean there is a delay of 2+seconds after flooring it until the car 'kind of ' starts to accelerate. Lot of others are complaining about this 'feature' VW has in their new 4cylinder cars also on the forums.
The Acura RDX SH-AWD looks great on paper, but the interior layout is weird how it looks. Even though the engine is rated at higher than most 4Cylinder Turbo engines, it does not feel like it at normal driving unless you floor it and it buzzess too much for a $47K car.
The Nissan Murano is the cheapest of the bunch, fully configured with the Black Edition, looks great, has AMAZING seats, but minimal interior tech options and very dated nav system.
I did not look at Mercedes, because their AWD systems are horrible compared the Audi and Jaguar and I know people who are grounded with their 4Matic benzes once more than 3" of snow is on the ground.

So I am in a dilemma, that I might have to get another F-Pace if I get a decent deal on one after my BuyBack .

Throughout the past 2 months of driving various loaners, even the 4cylinder 2.5t F-Pace felt more responsive and felt better at driving than any other 4Cylinder I drove lately. UGh....Also looked better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 01-03-2019, 04:18 PM

Garage
I went through this when shopping for my F-Pace S. We looked at Q5, SQ5 (pre-2018 refresh), Merc GLC, GLE, Jeep GC, etc. The F-Pace was dynamically better than anything I drove and had more space than most (except JGC/GLE).

I've been comparing vehicles that compete at the F-Pace SVR level of performance and the SVR is still hitting the same sweet spot of price/performance/size.

Model - 0-60 Time - Starting Price

F-Pace SVR - 4.1s - $79.900
Mercedes GLE 63 S Coupe - 4.1s - $113,000
BMW X5 M - 4.0s - $101,700 (Updated model coming soon)
BMW X6 M - 4.0s - $105,700
Porsche Cayenne Turbo - 3.9s - $124,600
TLockhart and tmoreno like this.

2017 Ammonite F-Pace S
Technology, Driver Assistance and Convenience Packages
HUD and Tow Hitch
post #3 of 28 Old 01-03-2019, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Had a Mercedes GLK with 4-Matic. In all the years I owned it never had a problem in the snow.

Mike

post #4 of 28 Old 01-03-2019, 04:30 PM

City/State/Province: Maryland
Garage
Gabe B ,
you are going to have a very hard time finding anything ,
that is as *EASY ON THE EYES* , as the F-PACE !!!

I'm just merely stating FACTS here !!!

I wish you all the best , in your decision making process !!!

2017 F-PACE *S* Glacier White w/JET Interior , 20" Grey/Diamond Turned Blades , Technology Pack , Luxury Pack , Comfort & Convenience Pack , Driver Assist Pack , Black Pack , HUD , Manufactured July , 2016 - Purchased Sept. 10 , 2016
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2014 Ford Fusion
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

post #5 of 28 Old 01-03-2019, 04:39 PM

City/State/Province: Oregon
I really liked the GLC 43 coupe (i know, not ACTUALLY an AMG), and it had plenty of power and handling.

If I had it to do over, that's what I'd do instead of the F Pace.

2018 35t R Sport - Santorini - Black Pack - Heads up Dsiplay - I think a few other packs I can't remember the names of
post #6 of 28 Old 01-03-2019, 06:43 PM
LMS

City/State/Province: NY
Take a look at the Volvo XC60 with Polestar tuning package and air suspension.

Former owner of 2018 F-Pace S - Indus Silver - Ebony - Comfort & Convenience Package - Technology Package - Black Pack - Heated Windshield
post #7 of 28 Old 01-03-2019, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMS View Post
Take a look at the Volvo XC60 with Polestar tuning package and air suspension.
I won't touch Volvo as they are having issues with the new generation 4Cylinders. I could get them and BMW dirt-cheap as I consult for them both.

I have to say though, even though it's slower, the Land Rover Discovery Sport is peaking my interest. Have not looked at one seriously yet though.
post #8 of 28 Old 01-03-2019, 07:04 PM
LMS

City/State/Province: NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe B View Post
I won't touch Volvo as they are having issues with the new generation 4Cylinders.

Could you elaborate, either here or via PM?

Former owner of 2018 F-Pace S - Indus Silver - Ebony - Comfort & Convenience Package - Technology Package - Black Pack - Heated Windshield
post #9 of 28 Old 01-03-2019, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
AMG GLC63S Coupe! A few certified examples out there now for fair discounts.

2017 Jaguar F Pace S | 2017 AMG C63S
post #10 of 28 Old 01-03-2019, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Also, the Macan GTS is faster than the F Pace S by a fair margin. Only the S or base model is the same or slower.

2017 Jaguar F Pace S | 2017 AMG C63S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page