8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 Old 01-04-2019, 12:29 PM

City/State/Province: orlando
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopics View Post
It has the face of an angry jack-o'-lantern.

Once you see it, you can't un-see it.

Yup, I only see a pumpkin face.

2018 F-Pace S
2015 Tundra 1794
2017 Ram 1500S
2015 Nissan Juke SVT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 Old 01-04-2019, 02:05 PM

City/State/Province: Savage MN
Quote:
It has the face of an angry jack-o'-lantern.

Once you see it, you can't un-see it.
....and I have no issue with that.

2019 Fuji White F-Pace S
2012 Porsche Cayman R
2007 Subaru WRX Wagon
post #23 of 28 Old 01-04-2019, 04:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWreck View Post
Wrong, Macan is RWD biased, certainly not FWD biased. 😉

Obviously 0-60 is the most important stat for a sports SUV! Gotta make it to the next stoplight quicker than the next person, on the way to the mall!
JWreck,

Not to disagree with you, but I will, I noted the Macan was Rear Wheel drive biased in my post, please read it again.

Even though the Macan and A5 are similar, and the Macan is built on a similar platform with identical hard points, the AWD systems are tuned differently. Porsche is RWD biased, Audi it is not.

Also Note, I didn't say that Zero to 60 meant nothing, it does. What I did note, was that it's not the only thing. I think handling and the AWD systems bias is also very important.

As for Alpha, I can't be past the front end for them!

As for Infiniti and Nissan quality, my 2006 M45 was rock solid with no issues whatsoever in the 140k miles I had it until my son totaled it. While the newest QX60 (I think that is the right name for their smaller SUV) looks really good (since they stole the shape from the F-Pace), I doubt that it has the same handling and performance numbers that the F-Pace has.

And not going back to the dealership regularly would be boring. I'd miss all my new friends there!

2019 Ultra Blue F-Pace SVR in the house : 2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - traded on SVR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| 2018 BMW 440i xDrive MSport Convertible (wife's): 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible traded on 440i MSport | 2014 Honda Pilot - traded on F-Pace FE | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - Went to middle son | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife's) - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - oldest son Totaled
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife's) went to second oldest son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - traded on Infiniti

post #24 of 28 Old 01-04-2019, 05:11 PM

City/State/Province: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-FPace-F View Post
JWreck,

Not to disagree with you, but I will, I noted the Macan was Rear Wheel drive biased in my post, please read it again.

Even though the Macan and A5 are similar, and the Macan is built on a similar platform with identical hard points, the AWD systems are tuned differently. Porsche is RWD biased, Audi it is not.

Also Note, I didn't say that Zero to 60 meant nothing, it does. What I did note, was that it's not the only thing. I think handling and the AWD systems bias is also very important.

As for Alpha, I can't be past the front end for them!

As for Infiniti and Nissan quality, my 2006 M45 was rock solid with no issues whatsoever in the 140k miles I had it until my son totaled it. While the newest QX60 (I think that is the right name for their smaller SUV) looks really good (since they stole the shape from the F-Pace), I doubt that it has the same handling and performance numbers that the F-Pace has.

And not going back to the dealership regularly would be boring. I'd miss all my new friends there!
Lexus, I think, is RW bias as well. At least the IS is (or used to be).

Agreed about infinti, on all counts. I moved to F Pace from an FX, and aside from the garbage CVT, the vehicle was great, and also pretty great value. Obviously not the drivers car the F Pace is, but solid all around.

2018 35t R Sport - Santorini - Black Pack - Heads up Dsiplay - I think a few other packs I can't remember the names of
post #25 of 28 Old 01-04-2019, 05:15 PM

City/State/Province: Arlington VA
Garage
Quote:
It's the QX50 -- a ground up redesign for 2019. The Edmunds review is here: https://www.edmunds.com/infiniti/qx50/

I suspect this crowd will disqualify it based on a single paragraph in the review:

Driving 6.5 {out of 10}
Competent and innocuous. Its revolutionary engine is let down by an annoying transmission that's often a half-step behind. It's too bad since the engine is refined and powerful. While not a sporting SUV, its handling is predictable and cooperative. The steering, however, is a mixed bag.

Because when I think daily driver, I think competent and innocuous. Too bad.

2018 F-Pace 30T Portfolio, caesium blue, sienna interior, ceramic pro 9H, blacked out chrome, other minor bells and whistles, fully functioning ICTP nav voice commands!
post #26 of 28 Old 01-05-2019, 09:15 AM

City/State/Province: orlando
Garage
Quote:
It's the QX50 -- a ground up redesign for 2019. The Edmunds review is here: https://www.edmunds.com/infiniti/qx50/

I suspect this crowd will disqualify it based on a single paragraph in the review:

Driving 6.5 {out of 10}
Competent and innocuous. Its revolutionary engine is let down by an annoying transmission that's often a half-step behind. It's too bad since the engine is refined and powerful. While not a sporting SUV, its handling is predictable and cooperative. The steering, however, is a mixed bag.

Because when I think daily driver, I think competent and innocuous. Too bad.

6.5 is being nice. I traded in a QX50 for the FP because of a horrible lag. A full 1 thousand and 1 then the car goes, bloody dangerous. 2019 is worse I heard.

2018 F-Pace S
2015 Tundra 1794
2017 Ram 1500S
2015 Nissan Juke SVT
post #27 of 28 Old 01-05-2019, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Looks like they won't put me into another F-Pace to compete with mine, due to the price being much higher for an 'S' model V6S and I told them I won't take a 4cylinder. I even test drove another 30t (300hp) 4Cylinder 2019 F-Pace Prestige. Did not like it.

Ugh..

On another note, I drove a new Cadillac XT4 and that felt closest to the F-Pace with regards to driving dynamics. Sadly the dash cluster is just HORRIBLY laid out in it.

Last edited by Gabe B; 01-05-2019 at 01:56 PM.
post #28 of 28 Old 01-05-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
JWreck,

CVT flat out sucks in Infin/Nissan currently, but I've been driving a mid 2000's FX45 in FL as a 2nd car, and while it doesn't have some of the latest safety equipment, its just a badass and dependable car to drive. With Premium at Sam's club down here at 2.30 a gal, it is fun ripping it up and down the road. No substitute for V8 power !

2018 Fuji White 20D R-Sport,20" Black Wheels, Black roof rails, Jet & Oyster seats, Black Pack, Convenience Pack, Lux Pack, Tech Pack, Activity Key...
All Diesel Fleet here !
Other vehicles:
2014 Jeep GC Summit 3.0 CRD
2004 Ram 2500 Cummins No CAT or SCR. Last year for it.

2005 Infiniti FX 45 Only Gasser I got.. Fast and Solid....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page