By CAR & DRIVER:

2017 Jaguar F-Pace 20d Diesel Test | Review | Car and Driver
Paulo Soares likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 07-03-2017, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn C View Post
I have the diesel and I like it. That's all I need to know.

I don't have to be the first across the line (anymore) or the first in the path of the radar. Sometimes just a little bit slower, in style, is better, just like good bbq ribs, slower cooked is much better.

I realized several years ago, 100mph in 8 seconds or 12 seconds is still 100mph. You can get from 70 to 100 before you can get your stopwatch out.

Just sayin'
bpmba, kris, TLockhart and 4 others like this.

Formally Infiniti, then Audi TT Roadster, Audi Q5, now F-PACE.

"White Lightning"
'17 20d Prestige Glacier White / latte /jet headliner
Comfort
Vision
HUD
Towing Hitch
20"Venoms
Protection
and a few other after market enhancements
post #3 of 15 Old 07-24-2017, 04:22 PM

I think it's interesting they only got 30mpg on their highway test. I know Floridaguy gets better and the last leg of our trip I got an average of 40.5mpg (according to the onboard computer, so a little less probably IRL) over 325 miles.

Six days in, 2307 miles on the odometer and I couldn't be happier with my diesel!
bpmba, MTHM, TLockhart and 4 others like this.

post #4 of 15 Old 07-25-2017, 02:43 PM

City/State/Province: Western NY
Garage
I do like the gruff sound of 20d engine they mentioned on mine... But honestly I don't know how it compares to regular petrol engine sound.
bpmba and TLockhart like this.

New To Cats - Verde Carro, 2018 Premium 20d, BRG, Black Pack, Winter Pack, Tow Pack
post #5 of 15 Old 07-25-2017, 04:53 PM

City/State/Province: Macungie
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCats View Post
I do like the gruff sound of 20d engine they mentioned on mine... But honestly I don't know how it compares to regular petrol engine sound.
Have driven both over the last week. I really didn't hear any noticeable difference in the engine sounds
NewToCats likes this.

2017 F-Pace 20d /Premium /Odyssey Red /Black Pack /Black Blades /Vision Pack /Navigation Pack /ICT /OE Trailer Hitch /Activity Key /Delivered 12/15/16
post #6 of 15 Old 07-25-2017, 07:33 PM

Garage
What does that mean exactly? "100 is 100." That doesn't mean anything. What counts is how quickly you get to 100. Why is that important? In case you need to lose somebody like a bad guy or chase down a bad guy. To merge into an oncoming rush of tractor trailer trucks. To pass slow cars clogging the road. To get to your appointment or pick up your kid/spouse/mom/lottery winnings when you are late because of clogged traffic early in your trip and you have to make up time. To get to work. To make the drive to Minnesota from the East Coast in one day instead of two. Or, maybe, just for the [email protected]#*in' thrill of it!
kris, baherrick, Gorgon and 1 others like this.

2017 Jaguar F-Pace S First Edition - Caesium Blue w/Activity Key
Suntek Paint Protection Film - Full hood w/wrapped edges, full fenders w/wrapped edges, mirrors, front bumper w/grille pieces, rocker panels and headlights
Ceramic Pro full body + all windows + all four wheels
post #7 of 15 Old 07-25-2017, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek View Post
What does that mean exactly? "100 is 100." That doesn't mean anything. What counts is how quickly you get to 100. Why is that important? In case you need to lose somebody like a bad guy or chase down a bad guy. To merge into an oncoming rush of tractor trailer trucks. To pass slow cars clogging the road. To get to your appointment or pick up your kid/spouse/mom/lottery winnings when you are late because of clogged traffic early in your trip and you have to make up time. To get to work. To make the drive to Minnesota from the East Coast in one day instead of two. Or, maybe, just for the [email protected]#*in' thrill of it!
I think its more a life perspective view than a F Pace perspective view.... and I for one am subscribing to it more and more.

There always alternatives to constantly rushing around... Next time you turn around, 50 years are gone, and you finally realize all that killing yourself was not worth it...

2018 Fuji White 20D R-Sport,20" Black Wheels, Black roof rails, Jet & Oyster seats, Black Pack, Convenience Pack, Lux Pack, Tech Pack, Activity Key...
All Diesel Fleet here !
Other vehicles:
2014 Jeep GC Summit 3.0 CRD
2004 Ram 2500 Cummins No CAT or SCR. Last year for it.

2005 Infiniti FX 45 Only Gasser I got.. Fast and Solid....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 15 Old 07-25-2017, 09:07 PM

City/State/Province: Maryland
Garage
Quote:
You sure do TALK a BIG TALK . . . . . . . for a *CURB KILLER* !!!
BTW , how many KILLS is it now ??? 5? 6? 10? . . . . . . I've lost count !!!
theweeb and Jagfever like this.

2017 F-PACE *S* Glacier White w/JET Interior , 20" Grey/Diamond Turned Blades , Technology Pack , Luxury Pack , Comfort & Convenience Pack , Driver Assist Pack , Black Pack , HUD , Manufactured July , 2016 - Purchased Sept. 10 , 2016
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2014 Ford Fusion
- 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

post #9 of 15 Old 07-25-2017, 10:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Trek,
The downside to all this being you get to spend lesser time in your FPace
Although on the trip to Minnesota we would probably reach there ahead of you- given all the fuel stops you need to make !!

Cheers!
Jagfever, GRVR and MTHM like this.

20K miles on 20d R Sport : BRG : Oyster Taurus : Technology : Driver Assist : HUD : Adaptive Dynamics : Convenience
post #10 of 15 Old 07-25-2017, 11:43 PM

Quote:
In case you need to lose somebody like a bad guy or chase down a bad guy. I have a cell phone it is pretty fast, hello 911, I need help! What they can't handle H&K can.
To merge into an oncoming rush of tractor trailer trucks. Stupid is as stupid does as Forrest Gump and his mama said. 80,000 coming at you and they can't stop, I ain't gettin' in the way! I'll pass them three miles down the road.
To pass slow cars clogging the road. Like I said, from 70 to 100 happens quickly, you are not at a dead stop when you start to pass
To get to your appointment or pick up your kid/spouse/mom/lottery winnings when you are late because of clogged traffic early in your trip and you have to make up time. Time management, maybe you need to take a course.
To get to work. And to make it there in one piece, relaxed and in a comfortable sled
To make the drive to Minnesota from the East Coast in one day instead of two. MapQuest and time management again, know when traffic is heavy in metro areas and planning around it.
Or, maybe, just for the [email protected]#*in' thrill of it! That one is legit though 100-115 is about as fast as I need to drive anymore! I've been there, done that, won the tee shirt and lost it. Getting caught faster than that, it will take you a week to get out of jail, have your car released from impound and you will be really late to MN then.

But do what you got to do my friend! Beep and wave when you pass me (and please use all five fingers) because I will be enjoying life and listening to some tunes at about 40mpg.

Jagfever, GRVR, TLockhart and 3 others like this.

Formally Infiniti, then Audi TT Roadster, Audi Q5, now F-PACE.

"White Lightning"
'17 20d Prestige Glacier White / latte /jet headliner
Comfort
Vision
HUD
Towing Hitch
20"Venoms
Protection
and a few other after market enhancements

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page