Jaguar F-Pace Forum

Jaguar F-Pace Forum (https://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/)
-   Jaguar F-Pace Test Drive Report (https://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/jaguar-f-pace-test-drive-report/)
-   -   2017 Jaguar F-Pace 20d Diesel Road Test Review (https://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/jaguar-f-pace-test-drive-report/32634-2017-jaguar-f-pace-20d-diesel-road-test-review.html)

Shawn C 07-03-2017 08:44 PM

2017 Jaguar F-Pace 20d Diesel Road Test Review

By CAR & DRIVER:

2017 Jaguar F-Pace 20d Diesel Test | Review | Car and Driver

Florida guy 07-03-2017 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn C (Post 480242)

I have the diesel and I like it. That's all I need to know.

I don't have to be the first across the line (anymore) or the first in the path of the radar. Sometimes just a little bit slower, in style, is better, just like good bbq ribs, slower cooked is much better.

I realized several years ago, 100mph in 8 seconds or 12 seconds is still 100mph. You can get from 70 to 100 before you can get your stopwatch out.

Just sayin'

MTGRL 07-24-2017 04:22 PM

I think it's interesting they only got 30mpg on their highway test. I know Floridaguy gets better and the last leg of our trip I got an average of 40.5mpg (according to the onboard computer, so a little less probably IRL) over 325 miles.

Six days in, 2307 miles on the odometer and I couldn't be happier with my diesel! :D

NewToCats 07-25-2017 02:43 PM

I do like the gruff sound of 20d engine they mentioned on mine... But honestly I don't know how it compares to regular petrol engine sound.

MTHM 07-25-2017 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewToCats (Post 499873)
I do like the gruff sound of 20d engine they mentioned on mine... But honestly I don't know how it compares to regular petrol engine sound.

Have driven both over the last week. I really didn't hear any noticeable difference in the engine sounds:|

Trek 07-25-2017 07:33 PM

What does that mean exactly? "100 is 100." That doesn't mean anything. What counts is how quickly you get to 100. Why is that important? In case you need to lose somebody like a bad guy or chase down a bad guy. To merge into an oncoming rush of tractor trailer trucks. To pass slow cars clogging the road. To get to your appointment or pick up your kid/spouse/mom/lottery winnings when you are late because of clogged traffic early in your trip and you have to make up time. To get to work. To make the drive to Minnesota from the East Coast in one day instead of two. Or, maybe, just for the [email protected]#*in' thrill of it!

stbentoak 07-25-2017 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trek (Post 500193)
What does that mean exactly? "100 is 100." That doesn't mean anything. What counts is how quickly you get to 100. Why is that important? In case you need to lose somebody like a bad guy or chase down a bad guy. To merge into an oncoming rush of tractor trailer trucks. To pass slow cars clogging the road. To get to your appointment or pick up your kid/spouse/mom/lottery winnings when you are late because of clogged traffic early in your trip and you have to make up time. To get to work. To make the drive to Minnesota from the East Coast in one day instead of two. Or, maybe, just for the [email protected]#*in' thrill of it!

I think its more a life perspective view than a F Pace perspective view.... and I for one am subscribing to it more and more.

There always alternatives to constantly rushing around... Next time you turn around, 50 years are gone, and you finally realize all that killing yourself was not worth it...

GRVR 07-25-2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

You sure do TALK a BIG TALK . . . . . . . for a *CURB KILLER* !!!>:)
BTW , how many KILLS is it now ??? 5? 6? 10? . . . . . . I've lost count !!!;)

kris 07-25-2017 10:17 PM

Quote:

Trek,
The downside to all this being you get to spend lesser time in your FPace ;)
Although on the trip to Minnesota we would probably reach there ahead of you- given all the fuel stops you need to make !!

Cheers!

Florida guy 07-25-2017 11:43 PM

Quote:

In case you need to lose somebody like a bad guy or chase down a bad guy. I have a cell phone it is pretty fast, hello 911, I need help! What they can't handle H&K can.
To merge into an oncoming rush of tractor trailer trucks. Stupid is as stupid does as Forrest Gump and his mama said. 80,000 coming at you and they can't stop, I ain't gettin' in the way! I'll pass them three miles down the road.
To pass slow cars clogging the road. Like I said, from 70 to 100 happens quickly, you are not at a dead stop when you start to pass
To get to your appointment or pick up your kid/spouse/mom/lottery winnings when you are late because of clogged traffic early in your trip and you have to make up time. Time management, maybe you need to take a course.
To get to work. And to make it there in one piece, relaxed and in a comfortable sled
To make the drive to Minnesota from the East Coast in one day instead of two. MapQuest and time management again, know when traffic is heavy in metro areas and planning around it.
Or, maybe, just for the [email protected]#*in' thrill of it! That one is legit though 100-115 is about as fast as I need to drive anymore! I've been there, done that, won the tee shirt and lost it. Getting caught faster than that, it will take you a week to get out of jail, have your car released from impound and you will be really late to MN then.

But do what you got to do my friend! Beep and wave when you pass me (and please use all five fingers) because I will be enjoying life and listening to some tunes at about 40mpg. :)