TLockhart likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 07-26-2017, 04:13 PM

City/State/Province: Western NY
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHM View Post
Have driven both over the last week. I really didn't hear any noticeable difference in the engine sounds
Thanks! I was wondering about that!

New To Cats - Verde Carro, 2018 Premium 20d, BRG, Black Pack, Winter Pack, Tow Pack
post #13 of 15 Old 07-26-2017, 05:06 PM

City/State/Province: Fresno ca
Most can't tell it's a diesel when outside running. While driving it's very quiet and passengers don't notice the diesel sound. I do enjoy the faint turbo sound though.
MTHM and TLockhart like this.

post #14 of 15 Old 07-27-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHM View Post
Have driven both over the last week. I really didn't hear any noticeable difference in the engine sounds
I respectfully disagree. My wife's 20d sounds fine, and rarely "dieselly" at all. It sounds surprisingly aggressive when you really step on the accelerator and a lot less tinnier than the sound of my Mazda CX-5's engine. However, we were given a loaner with the gasoline 6 (340 hp version) and it sounded considerably more aggressive when pressed. Perhaps more 4-banger than 6-banger than diesel versus gas, but more of the powerful engine sound than the 20d. Notwithstanding the less aggressive sound, she's extremely happy with the 20d. I find the performance to be more than adequate for everyday driving.

2017 F-Pace Premium 20d (Navigation, Vision, Cold Climate and Protection Packages, OEM Crossbars)
2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring (Technology and iActivesense Packages)
post #15 of 15 Old 07-27-2017, 12:45 PM

City/State/Province: Macungie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8torjim View Post
I respectfully disagree. My wife's 20d sounds fine, and rarely "dieselly" at all. It sounds surprisingly aggressive when you really step on the accelerator and a lot less tinnier than the sound of my Mazda CX-5's engine. However, we were given a loaner with the gasoline 6 (340 hp version) and it sounded considerably more aggressive when pressed. Perhaps more 4-banger than 6-banger than diesel versus gas, but more of the powerful engine sound than the 20d. Notwithstanding the less aggressive sound, she's extremely happy with the 20d. I find the performance to be more than adequate for everyday driving.
Just to clarify, I was comparing the 2 four cylinder Jaguar engines, not the 6 vs the 4.
I just did not recognize any noticeable difference in the engine sounds between the two. JMHO.

2017 F-Pace 20d /Premium /Odyssey Red /Black Pack /Black Blades /Vision Pack /Navigation Pack /ICT /OE Trailer Hitch /Activity Key /Delivered 12/15/16

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page