13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 33 Old 04-01-2019, 07:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
There's also this:

www youtube com/watch?v=pWpvj40Kztw&t=126s

Perhaps somebody can re-post with a functioning link.
Nah, watch this one from the beginning. Lots of good sounds in here.

2017 Ammonite F-Pace S
Technology, Driver Assistance and Convenience Packages
HUD and Tow Hitch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 Old 04-02-2019, 01:47 PM

City/State/Province: orlando
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-FPace-F View Post
OK, Mike.... Still no numbers, but I can tell you it's gobs faster than my First Edition. I loved the first edition and believe me when I say there aren't many SUVs that are faster than it. It was so much fun to drive and was always fast, other than when you are going 70 and punch it, then you sometimes were wanting for a little more in my mind. With my First Edition, my brain used to get way in front of where my S would be, especially when ripping along a 2 lane with some sweeping and tight turns. Or working my way through traffic on an interstate safely. I had time to think about the next turn, or my line with the First Edition, time to plan things out. Not a lot of time, but it was comfortable. With the SVR, the next turn is on me way before I'm ready and I find myself going in way too hot due to everything coming up so much quicker. Thank god the SVR has brakes that are 2000% better than the S, so I can confidently scrub off that speed.

There is no comparison and if you want speed, go put your money down now, you don't need the numbers from us for that. One ride will make it clear how much quicker it is.

Sold!

2018 F-Pace S
2015 Tundra 1794
2017 Ram 1500S
2015 Nissan Juke SVT
post #13 of 33 Old 04-02-2019, 03:14 PM

City/State/Province: Palm Beach, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgon View Post
Nah, watch this one from the beginning. Lots of good sounds in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWpvj40Kztw
Is it permissible to be dismissive (in a most respectful way) of what JLR did for the Range Rover Sport vs the F-Pace? Perhaps we will find out, if the rumors are true, what a hybrid kick will be like instead of a supercharger for the F-Pace.

post #14 of 33 Old 04-07-2019, 09:57 PM

City/State/Province: Dallas Texas
I'm still working on my break in miles but will soon be past that point. Dragy will capture some results soon thereafter...
post #15 of 33 Old 04-08-2019, 12:05 PM

Garage
I finally did a couple zero to 60 runs since I now have 1300 miles. I went out on an isolated wide and smooth 50 mph road near my house, made sure there was no traffic coming and I timed the runs with my iPhone. I have a Max, which is a challenge to hold onto normally, but is even more difficult with the g-forces of the SVR zero to 60 runs. I managed to tweak out what I thought were 2 times that I felt were as spot on as I could get them. By spot on I mean, hitting the start and stop in the appropriate times when you start and when the car gets to 60. I can say this, it gets to 60 quickly and the g-forces make it difficult to make sure you have you finger over the soft button on the phone appropriately.

I took about 6 runs, got two times I felt were spot on as noted, 2 times I didn't get the phone timer started or stopped appropriately at all and two times I had it stop, but I felt when I got the phone stopped it was later than 60. Good times registered 3.8 seconds and 3.9 seconds. The late stops were also quick, between 4.2 to 4.5 seconds but as noted, I'm positive I was beyond 60 when I hit the button in this cases, since it comes up so quickly. Really need to have someone riding with you to do this appropriately.

It does seem the 4.1 to 60 rating is a bit conservative.

2019 Ultra Blue F-Pace SVR in the house : 2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - traded on SVR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| 2018 BMW 440i xDrive MSport Convertible (wife's): 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible traded on 440i MSport | 2014 Honda Pilot - traded on F-Pace FE | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - Went to middle son | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife's) - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - oldest son Totaled
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife's) went to second oldest son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - traded on Infiniti
post #16 of 33 Old 04-08-2019, 02:14 PM

City/State/Province: Frisco, TX
Garage
Quote:
I finally did a couple zero to 60 runs since I now have 1300 miles. I went out on an isolated wide and smooth 50 mph road near my house, made sure there was no traffic coming and I timed the runs with my iPhone. I have a Max, which is a challenge to hold onto normally, but is even more difficult with the g-forces of the SVR zero to 60 runs. I managed to tweak out what I thought were 2 times that I felt were as spot on as I could get them. By spot on I mean, hitting the start and stop in the appropriate times when you start and when the car gets to 60. I can say this, it gets to 60 quickly and the g-forces make it difficult to make sure you have you finger over the soft button on the phone appropriately.

I took about 6 runs, got two times I felt were spot on as noted, 2 times I didn't get the phone timer started or stopped appropriately at all and two times I had it stop, but I felt when I got the phone stopped it was later than 60. Good times registered 3.8 seconds and 3.9 seconds. The late stops were also quick, between 4.2 to 4.5 seconds but as noted, I'm positive I was beyond 60 when I hit the button in this cases, since it comes up so quickly. Really need to have someone riding with you to do this appropriately.

It does seem the 4.1 to 60 rating is a bit conservative.

Why don’t you use the built in timer in the ICTP ? See what kind of G’s your pulling.
PA-FPace-F likes this.

2019 Silicon Silver with Light Oyster / Jet interior, 22" Double Helix Wheels, AS Tires, Technology Pack, Luxury Pack, Comfort & Convenience Pack, Driver Assist Pack, HUD, WiFi Connect pack, Loadspace luggage rails. Does anyone read these signatures?

Replaced 2017 Ingot R-Sport @ 12864 mi

A forum post should be long enough to cover the subject yet short enough to generate interest.

I have been told by a forum member that I’m a “Wealth of Knowledge” just know I can’t spell for shirt.
post #17 of 33 Old 04-08-2019, 02:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPinTX View Post
Why don’t you use the built in timer in the ICTP ? See what kind of G’s your pulling.
Ok stroke this one up to learning something new about my car I've been driving for almost 3 years. There is a built in zero to 60 timer? I know the g force meter is there, but I didn't know there was a timer as well and will it will start and stop a zero to 60 appropriately? If so, I'm going to have to check that out.

2019 Ultra Blue F-Pace SVR in the house : 2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - traded on SVR
| 2018 BMW 440i xDrive MSport Convertible (wife's): 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible traded on 440i MSport | 2014 Honda Pilot - traded on F-Pace FE | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - Went to middle son | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife's) - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - oldest son Totaled
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife's) went to second oldest son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - traded on Infiniti
post #18 of 33 Old 04-08-2019, 03:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Ok stroke this one up to learning something new about my car I've been driving for almost 3 years. There is a built in zero to 60 timer? I know the g force meter is there, but I didn't know there was a timer as well and will it will start and stop a zero to 60 appropriately? If so, I'm going to have to check that out.
The timer won't stop at 60, I think you'll have a similar problem with the integrated timer with the G forces.

2017 Ammonite F-Pace S
Technology, Driver Assistance and Convenience Packages
HUD and Tow Hitch
post #19 of 33 Old 04-08-2019, 04:49 PM

Garage
Tried it once on the way home. G-forces make it slightly challenging but that is a big button so it's probably a better calc then the iPhone. 4.05 was the one run I could get on the way home on a side road that was basically vacant.
Gorgon likes this.

post #20 of 33 Old 04-08-2019, 07:21 PM

I tried but failed to get an accurate start and stop. Why put the stop watch and not have it clock your 0-60 and 1/4 mile?
Oh well.
I just read Motor Trend and they tested the 5260 lb X5m with 567 hp at 3.7.( Mfr suggested 4.0)
How would a 4395 lb with 550 HP not be as fast or faster?
3.7 is my guess that magazines will measure.
(And that one guy will say he got 3.3 up hill with 4 guys in it. &#x1f602

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page