123Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2019, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Customer SVR Delivery Comments

Post videos and photos and initial thoughts about your delivery here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2019, 01:28 PM

Garage
Hi all, just took my first test drive in my new SVR. They were in the middle of PDI when I got to the dealership today, actual delivery is tomorrow at 9:30am. More comments and videos will come then since I was simply too excited with this little 15 minute drive and totally forgot to take any pics or videos. With that said, it wouldn't have been any better since the car was still dirty from shipment and there were a number of parts that still hadn't been installed, like centercaps, handle key covers, tow point caps, etc.

A couple of notes.

1. The SVR does not have an engine cover, they come "naked" sound may be a part of that, but according to the shop foreman better cooling is the most important reason for no engine cover.
2. The exhaust is intoxicating in person. Even with the Active Dynamic Exhaust turned off. I'm wondering if I'll ever listen to music again. And I'll probably drive around all winter with the windows down, such a sweet sound. Even with the Active Exhaust on quiet mode, it is quieter off the line, but if you step into it, it's still pretty loud. Such a great sound.
3. The seats are fantastic, very supportive and comfortable. I'm not a small guy 5-11 215 with a 35 inch waist, and I fit snug. I didn't have time to play with any of the adjustments though, or even look into what they do so if you're bigger than me, they may be really snug, but they are very comfortable and welcome in the turns.
4. The thing feels completely different from my 2017 First Edition, even with it lowered and with the similarly wide tires I had on my car. The SVR is just much more planted and well mannered on the road. We hit our share of potholes on my 15 minute test drive and there wasn't a rattle or sqeak to be found. Remains to be seen if it will stay that way but so far so good.
5. Talking about feel again, the steering feels much lighter to me than with my FE. Very responsive, and it kind of makes the car feel lighter to me. Strange but seems much more agile. That is probably the changes they made to steering, and dynamic shock programming, etc.
6. One thing I did find, that was somewhat strange, is that the throttle response is much less aggressive than the 380HP V6. They probably have it tuned down, even in dynamic for obvious reasons. You need to push the gas a bit to get the thing to move, but when you do it does move. With that said, I really didn't push it. I think I had it up to 5k RPMs on one little pull up a hill. Babying it right now.
7. Ultra Blue is nice in person. I'm very glad I got the color. It's a nice move on from the Casieum Blue.
8. The Grey Cladding, looks better in person than it does in the pics. It doesn't seem to be plastic, but even if it is, it has a quality look. I'm still debating leaving it that color though. I think with the Blue having all of that grey being a gloss black may be the ticket, or most of it gloss black and maybe the wheel arches Ultra Blue.
9. They told me that I can't move my SIM from the FE over to the SVR. Seems the SIM number is specific to the VIN number. So I'm going to have to move the new SIM to my AT&T account once the three months are up. At least that is what they said.
10. While the car ran, none of the electronics really worked. since the PDI wasn't done, so I'll have to reserve comment on them for tomorrow.
11. Last thing. They filled it up before I got there for the drive. Range to empty stated 626 miles. Yup, I think that will drop once it learns my driving habits! But it's much better than the 250 I get out of the FE. LOL

I'm reposting my Video here from the walk around last night, but more video and pics will come tomorrow when I officially get delivery. it will be like Christmas morning tomorrow for me!

bpmba, TLockhart, MTGRL and 7 others like this.

2019 Ultra Blue F-Pace SVR in the house : 2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - traded on SVR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| 2018 BMW 440i xDrive MSport Convertible (wife's): 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible traded on 440i MSport | 2014 Honda Pilot - traded on F-Pace FE | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - Went to middle son | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife's) - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - oldest son Totaled
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife's) went to second oldest son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - traded on Infiniti

Last edited by PA-FPace-F; 03-15-2019 at 07:45 AM.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:29 PM

City/State/Province: Atlanta, GA
Beautiful! Love the seats.

Old 03-14-2019, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Not mine, but something to watch. Is audio messed up? I'm in a plane and it's all choppy.
https://youtu.be/YTPyftXIUNo

Last edited by QuickOne; 03-14-2019 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:33 PM

Not you. Its choppy
Old 03-14-2019, 09:46 PM

Awesome ride and write up of the initial impressions. I knew that color would look good too.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:52 PM

Actually got my car tonight. My sales guy was willing to drop it off for me. Will post some pics and vids tomorrow if i have time. Its my oldest sons 11th bday so may not have time
bpmba, PA-FPace-F, Dakar09 and 1 others like this.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:42 PM

City/State/Province: Boston, MA
Yes!!! Please tell me somebody has sienna tan interior and can post some detail pics! Congrats everybody taking deliveries. Can’t wait until May....
Old 03-14-2019, 11:24 PM

City/State/Province: Ontario
looks phenomenal, just super impressive in every way

T. K.
Whitby
Old 03-15-2019, 07:43 AM

Intial thoughts

As a start i have never driven or even been in an f pace until last night. I have owned multiple jaguar before this though

Car seems comfortable. It does ride somewhat rough. Similar to the x5m i had in 2013. Car is fast. I didnt go all out since its still needs some break in. Fit and finish seem good. Exhaust sound is better and louder than I thought it would be which is a plus in my eyes. Some pics attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8D5A1DDF-FD9B-456B-A2B7-57E60BA5BF33_1552650009798.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	69125   Click image for larger version

Name:	C692C49E-7408-4A27-91A2-AFA44D48B499_1552650026602.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	69127   Click image for larger version

Name:	F4DC926D-1E39-4328-8B35-8697419297F8_1552650040194.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	69129  
VZX-CO, PA-FPace-F, GRVR and 6 others like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in