123Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 147 Old 03-25-2019, 10:14 PM

City/State/Province: Boston, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by apolcari View Post
In terms of fit finish can people comment on differences they are seeing in the SVR vs previous MY?

I love my ‘17 BRG R sport but it’s been a bit of a battle with my dealer to get all the chassis and interior squeaks, rattles and groans eliminated as best as possible...

I sure others have experienced it but to this day I get a pretty good chassis squeak/groan when turning and going up my drive way (for example). Basically whenever the vehicle is under some torsional stress.

The other pain in my a$$ is that I have a slight rattle right over my head when driving. I think it may be some part of the pano roof assembly...

I’m hoping the SVO team has screwed the SVR together nice and tight! Otherwise I’m going to be questioning the $86k msrp...

Anyhow - any intitial observations are appreciated!

May 22 can’t come soon enough.
Bump. Anybody who’s taken delivery experienced any rattles or squeaks so far?

Also anybody considering debadging the rear F Pace logo, leaving just the SVR one on the right...I’m thinking about it.

Last edited by apolcari; 03-25-2019 at 10:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 147 Old 03-25-2019, 11:35 PM

City/State/Province: NH
Quote:

Also anybody considering debadging the rear F Pace logo, leaving just the SVR one on the right...I’m thinking about it.

So far so good but I think it is too soon to tell (these things can develop over time). I've been over some bumpy roads and railroad tracks and I run 44 PSI in the tires (set in comfort mode). Just over a couple hundred miles on the odometer.
post #103 of 147 Old 03-25-2019, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
In terms of fit finish can people comment on differences they are seeing in the SVR vs previous MY?

I love my ‘17 BRG R sport but it’s been a bit of a battle with my dealer to get all the chassis and interior squeaks, rattles and groans eliminated as best as possible...

I sure others have experienced it but to this day I get a pretty good chassis squeak/groan when turning and going up my drive way (for example). Basically whenever the vehicle is under some torsional stress.

The other pain in my a$$ is that I have a slight rattle right over my head when driving. I think it may be some part of the pano roof assembly...

I’m hoping the SVO team has screwed the SVR together nice and tight! Otherwise I’m going to be questioning the $86k msrp...

No squeaks or rattles as of yet. You having an issue ?

post #104 of 147 Old 03-26-2019, 07:15 AM

City/State/Province: Boston, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVRCAT View Post
Quote:

So far so good but I think it is too soon to tell (these things can develop over time). I've been over some bumpy roads and railroad tracks and I run 44 PSI in the tires (set in comfort mode). Just over a couple hundred miles on the odometer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I haven’t taken delivery of my SVR yet but have some squeals and rattles in my r sport that drive me nuts.

I’m hoping JLR has solved it in newer MYs because I love the car otherwise.
post #105 of 147 Old 03-26-2019, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Went to turn seat heaters in this morning and all I got was this. ; I wish it worked when I turned it on though. I also wish I was able to cancel it out and turn my seat heater on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190326_065246923_1553603048620.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	69309  

Last edited by QuickOne; 03-26-2019 at 08:31 AM.
post #106 of 147 Old 03-26-2019, 09:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickOne View Post
Went to turn seat heaters in this morning and all I got was this. ; I wish it worked when I turned it on though. I also wish I was able to cancel it out and turn my seat heater on.
Yikes! Hopefully that is a quick software fix. Sounds like the software from the wrong module is loaded. My wife would love that option in our SVR though!

2019 Ultra Blue F-Pace SVR in the house : 2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - traded on SVR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| 2018 BMW 440i xDrive MSport Convertible (wife's): 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible traded on 440i MSport | 2014 Honda Pilot - traded on F-Pace FE | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - Went to middle son | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife's) - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - oldest son Totaled
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife's) went to second oldest son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - traded on Infiniti
post #107 of 147 Old 03-26-2019, 09:58 AM

Garage
Quote:
I havenít taken delivery of my SVR yet but have some squeals and rattles in my r sport that drive me nuts.

Iím hoping JLR has solved it in newer MYs because I love the car otherwise.

I really shouldn't do this, since I'll probably jinx myself, but compared to my 2017, the 2019 SVR is rock solid and very quiet. No rattles or squeaks so far. "Knocking on wood" right now.

2019 Ultra Blue F-Pace SVR in the house : 2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - traded on SVR
| 2018 BMW 440i xDrive MSport Convertible (wife's): 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible traded on 440i MSport | 2014 Honda Pilot - traded on F-Pace FE | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - Went to middle son | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife's) - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - oldest son Totaled
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife's) went to second oldest son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - traded on Infiniti
post #108 of 147 Old 03-26-2019, 10:03 AM

City/State/Province: Maryland
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-FPace-F View Post
Yikes! Hopefully that is a quick software fix. Sounds like the software from the wrong module is loaded. My wife would love that option in our SVR though!

If you do a search for *Massage Option* ,
you will find a thread started by @DPinTX , that shows the same screen on his 2019 S model !!!
I believe it is a software glitch that came with the *19A Update* !!!
His screen actually shows the back seats colored pink/red !!!
But he states that "the next day he started the car , that screen was gone !!!

2017 F-PACE *S* Glacier White w/JET Interior , 20" Grey/Diamond Turned Blades , Technology Pack , Luxury Pack , Comfort & Convenience Pack , Driver Assist Pack , Black Pack , HUD , Manufactured July , 2016 - Purchased Sept. 10 , 2016
- 2014 Ford Fusion
- 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

post #109 of 147 Old 03-26-2019, 10:17 AM

City/State/Province: Maryland
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-FPace-F View Post
I really shouldn't do this, since I'll probably jinx myself, but compared to my 2017, the 2019 SVR is rock solid and very quiet. No rattles or squeaks so far. "Knocking on wood" right now.

You all will probably have a hard time HEARING the squeaks & rattles ,
with that "atomic bomb under the hood" ,
and the "staccato" serenade coming from that fancy Exhaust System !!!
PA-FPace-F and QuickOne like this.

2017 F-PACE *S* Glacier White w/JET Interior , 20" Grey/Diamond Turned Blades , Technology Pack , Luxury Pack , Comfort & Convenience Pack , Driver Assist Pack , Black Pack , HUD , Manufactured July , 2016 - Purchased Sept. 10 , 2016
- 2014 Ford Fusion
- 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

post #110 of 147 Old 03-26-2019, 10:59 AM

Garage
I agree if I keep my foot down on the accelerator .

However I will say that SVR is quieter than my First Edition with the QuickSilver when cruising.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page