69Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 72 Old 08-19-2017, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Smile Jaguar F-Pace reliability

I am very interested in fpace and am trying to get one. The only concern I have is Jaguar reliability issues.

I know itís difficult to tell how reliable the F-Pace will be, given itís too new to have been included in any of reliability surveys. However, Jaguar as a brand finished a disappointing 30th out of 37 manufacturers in one survey I saw somewhere.

What is your guys' experiences?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 Old 08-19-2017, 10:41 PM

City/State/Province: Atlanta GA
Garage

This should be interesting.
PemM34%2, GRVR, TLockhart and 2 others like this.

Ordered 10/3/16 Built 11/4/16 Delivered 12/8/16
2017 F-Pace S: IRR/Brogue/Satin Ash Burl/Oyster HL/Pano w Roof Rails/20" Blades.
Packages: Comfort and Convenience, Luxury Interior, Driver Assistance, Technology.
Heads Up Display, Tow Hitch Receiver, Activity Key

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 72 Old 08-19-2017, 11:07 PM

City/State/Province: Maryland
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post

This should be interesting.
I actually chose not to reply , because I knew others would have this taken care of in no time !!!
I think I will just sit back and enjoy some *Popcorn* , as you have suggested !!!

2017 F-PACE *S* Glacier White w/JET Interior , 20" Grey/Diamond Turned Blades , Technology Pack , Luxury Pack , Comfort & Convenience Pack , Driver Assist Pack , Black Pack , HUD , Manufactured July , 2016 - Purchased Sept. 10 , 2016
- 2014 Ford Fusion
- 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

post #4 of 72 Old 08-19-2017, 11:44 PM

I'll take a stab at it.

I love mine, yes it had a few hiccups in the beginning but I would be hard pressed to give it up now.

I have the diesel and enjoy all the Jaguar benefits except bragging that I am the fastest off the line.

The best advice I can share is KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BUYING. Some on here thought they were getting features they didn't purchase. Make sure you write down all your must haves and have the dealer put in writing it is in there. Keyless entry and LED headlights seem to appear often as options folks thought they were getting and the package they ordered didn't have it standard.

Probably the best service I've had is with this and my Audi. They come and get it, fix it, and bring it back if you are out of town. I can't speak about service locally.

Go drive it and see if it is the experience you are looking for.

Shop different dealers for price. I live in FL and bought in SC

Buckle up and go!
TLockhart, Turbodog, MTGRL and 1 others like this.

Formally Infiniti, then Audi TT Roadster, Audi Q5, now F-PACE.

"White Lightning"
'17 20d Prestige Glacier White / latte /jet headliner
Comfort
Vision
HUD
Towing Hitch
20"Venoms
Protection
and a few other after market enhancements
post #5 of 72 Old 08-20-2017, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator

Please read the following threads before asking people to repeat themselves. Thank you.

Would You Buy Your F Pace Again

What's Your Favorite Option

Keep in mind this forum is not only to praise the F Pace but to find out what others have done to resolve issues and let others know what their experience has been. So you will see a lot of good and bad comments made. Keep in mind that the F Pace is coming up on 1 1/2 years in production. Are all the bugs worked out, most of them are. Will there be other issues probably no different than any other niche car manufacturer.

For the record go out and test drive a new '18 and you be the judge. Hope you find what you are looking for!

Oh and I notice you've been a member since April '17 have you not been reading the forum??
bpmba, VZX-CO, GRVR and 3 others like this.

Mike
post #6 of 72 Old 08-20-2017, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thank you guys.

And MKenM, yes I have been a member since April, and have been checking the forum on and off, had not seen those useful threads you mentioned.

I am really attracted to Fpace but am honestly attracted to Macan too and can't make my decision yet.
post #7 of 72 Old 08-20-2017, 02:11 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmirzaei View Post
Thank you guys.

And MKenM, yes I have been a member since April, and have been checking the forum on and off, had not seen those useful threads you mentioned.

I am really attracted to Fpace but am honestly attracted to Macan too and can't make my decision yet.
Head to Head F-PACE vs Macan but don't take their word (or ours), get out there and drive!!!!
Jetman, hmirzaei and Paguar like this.

" Never mistake her silence for weakness. Remember that sometimes the air stills,
before the onset of a hurricane." - Her Silence ~ Nikita Gill

2018 F-PACE S "Carina" Corris Grey
2017 35t R-Sport "Quorra" Ammonite Grey Jet interior Light Oyster Stitch - Rendered Total Loss Derezzed ~ 8/16/2017 Odometer 9,548 gone too soon

Other Vehicles
2004 Jaguar VDP
1976 Jaguar XJ6L
Etc.
Etc.
Etc
post #8 of 72 Old 08-20-2017, 02:16 PM

City/State/Province: Altadena, CA
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmirzaei View Post
... I am really attracted to Fpace but am honestly attracted to Macan too and can't make my decision yet.
Two test drives should fix that right up! I was completely put off by the "button heavy" Macan interior though it was never going to be on my short list anyway. The interiors are different enough to heavily affect the driving experience in my view, and of course they are different cars in other respects too. My Feb 2017 build has been trouble-free, except for that neighbor running into me
hmirzaei likes this.

2017 BRG 20d Prestige, 19" wheels, ICT, Adaptive Dynamics, aluminum trim, roof rails, and hitch. 889442 built 2017-02-05, delivered 2017-03-16.
1960 MGA 1600 roadster, white. Owned since 1975
1994 Dodge 2500HD Cummins diesel with 300,000 miles.
post #9 of 72 Old 08-20-2017, 02:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLockhart View Post
Two test drives should fix that right up! I was completely put off by the "button heavy" Macan interior though it was never going to be on my short list anyway. The interiors are different enough to heavily affect the driving experience in my view, and of course they are different cars in other respects too. My Feb 2017 build has been trouble-free, except for that neighbor running into me
that's right, I forgot about the Jag on Jag violence :'( what body shop did you go to?
hmirzaei likes this.

" Never mistake her silence for weakness. Remember that sometimes the air stills,
before the onset of a hurricane." - Her Silence ~ Nikita Gill

2018 F-PACE S "Carina" Corris Grey
2017 35t R-Sport "Quorra" Ammonite Grey Jet interior Light Oyster Stitch - Rendered Total Loss Derezzed ~ 8/16/2017 Odometer 9,548 gone too soon

Other Vehicles
2004 Jaguar VDP
1976 Jaguar XJ6L
Etc.
Etc.
Etc
post #10 of 72 Old 08-20-2017, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Lady View Post
that's right, I forgot about the Jag on Jag violence :'( what body shop did you go to?
Please stay on topic, thank you.

Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in