F Pace Expert
Join Date: Apr 2016
There are two systemic issues and a fair number of idiosyncratic vehicle specific issues:
- Rear spring isolators; this is getting solved case by case for those who have it, reports are fix is now generally available, strong indications they've stopped using bad isolators on production line but only the next batch or batches of arriving vehicles will confirm this, it won't be a problem by your build date.
- Various and sundry ICTP bugs, glitches and one or two glaring omissions - particularly voice nav control. Some report having many issues solved by a software reinstall or other possible patches. Most of these better be solved this fall by updates. Are you getting ICTP, if so be concerned, if not it is not an issue for you. A fair number of ATT WiFi setup problems but super hard to tell if this is dealer problem vs. vehicle problem. Again, if you didn't order with wifi hotspot not an issue at all.
Other known but seemingly vehicle idiosyncratic specific issues:
- some added squeak and rattles that seem addressed by known fixes
- early alignment issues on some body parts, easily solved by adjustment and haven't heard about these for a while
- an AC issue that has a known solution
- missing features that people thought they were getting but were options they never ordered or dealer ordering mistakes
Watching both this forum and Jaguar's Topix database it seems Jaguar is cataloging and coming up with fixes to the issues identified albeit slower on some than most would like - ICTP being prime example. A few issues may be attributable to dealer unfamiliarity with vehicle and pre delivery process, again won't be a problem by the time yours arrives though you might want to consider routing through a dealer you know is handling a lot of F-Paces.
Personally, despite having followed this and the UK forum since April when I placed my order and having corresponded individually with many owners I am totally psyched to take delivery of my vehicle which just showed in my dealer's inventory system which means arrival is very close. I know my dealer is on top of the isolator issues if it is even present on my vehicle. Also psyched to move from forum gadfly to owner. I know in reading this forum I put more weight on input from actual owners and buyers.
Should you decide to proceed be sure to get your Vista printout if you haven't already to make sure you're getting what your ordered and use the dealer delivery letter found elsewhere on here to insure a smooth delivery process.
Best of luck in your decision.
British Racing Green S with all the trimmings, Built 7/4/2016, delivered 8/22/16. Love it! BRG Grand Duke of Western Colorado Territories (minus Roaring Fork Valley) and Parts of Denver City
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.