367Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #501 of 519 Old 05-03-2019, 01:56 PM

City/State/Province: North Carolina
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-FPace-F View Post
You are loving driving that corvette around, not sure why your Dyin, or you aren't surprised that I have a small issue on the SVR. Yes the roof does click while open over sharp bumps most folks wouldn't notice it or would think it's normal since its open, however, I know the darn thing can be completely silent when open since I had a previous one, so I'm going to bring it up!
My friend, I dream about driving the F-Pace again. I have done searches on used ones. The SVR I had ordered has already sold. My old S is no longer for sale, so I assume it is in the hands of a new owner as well. So much fun, the FP. The Corvette is fun for around town, but not for road trips. I miss the tech. The styling. The acceleration.

2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

1968 Corvette Convertible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #502 of 519 Old 05-03-2019, 06:23 PM

City/State/Province: Altadena, CA
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theweeb View Post
... The Corvette is fun for around town, but not for road trips...
Well, no problem. You have the Jeep for road trips. Oh wait...

2017 BRG 20d Prestige, 19" wheels, ICT, Adaptive Dynamics, aluminum trim, roof rails, and hitch. 889442 built 2017-02-05, delivered 2017-03-16.
1960 MGA 1600 roadster, white. Owned since 1975
1994 Dodge 2500HD Cummins diesel with 300,000 miles.
post #503 of 519 Old 05-05-2019, 04:01 PM

City/State/Province: Macungie
After 2 1/2 years and 37K miles, I too am still smiling. Love my diesel so far. The only problem I am constantly having is that my android phone will not stay connected (ICT) during the first 10 minutes or so after starting a journey. Every time I go to the dealer I complain, but there never seems to be a resolution!!
Love the handling for such a " not so small" vehicle.
ExOz likes this.

2017 F-Pace 20d /Premium /Odyssey Red /Black Pack /Black Blades /Vision Pack /Navigation Pack /ICT /OE Trailer Hitch /Activity Key /Delivered 12/15/16

post #504 of 519 Old 05-10-2019, 11:53 AM

Agreed,
17k miles over two years, most of that mileage was the 10 trips to the dealership over that time. Oh yeah, my AC stopped working today :/

I think it's time to move on for me..
post #505 of 519 Old 05-17-2019, 08:24 PM
ksm

Yes, I would buy mine again, with all of my options (color scheme, LED headlamps, virtual dash, etc.), especially now that its ICTP has that major update that should have been the software from the get go. I'm talking about the software that contains Android Auto, etc. NOW, it seems luxurious. Before, it merely looked awesome and handled spectacularly. NOW, it looks awesome, handles spectacularly and has a great infotainment system, among its other still-alluring-to-me features!
VZX-CO likes this.

2017 Dark Sapphire 20d Prestige; Roof rails; Vision; Technology; Adaptive dynamics; Tow hitch; Espresso/Latte with Espresso stitch; SunTek PPF full front, hood, front fenders, mirrors, headlights & rear bumper at hatch opening.
post #506 of 519 Old 05-17-2019, 09:24 PM

City/State/Province: Georgia
Just bought today, so far so good. I'll let you know after I make a couple of payments
post #507 of 519 Old 05-21-2019, 09:36 AM

City/State/Province: GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHM View Post
After 2 1/2 years and 37K miles, I too am still smiling. Love my diesel so far. The only problem I am constantly having is that my android phone will not stay connected (ICT) during the first 10 minutes or so after starting a journey. Every time I go to the dealer I complain, but there never seems to be a resolution!!
Love the handling for such a " not so small" vehicle.
Yes, this is my (only) problem too ... I'm collecting videos and data. It's a shame to spoil such an amazing car with a trivial initialization glitch - I'm sure they can fix it if they want to ...

2018 DSBlue 30t prestige
post #508 of 519 Old 05-21-2019, 09:56 AM

City/State/Province: Southeastern Wisconsin
I've had my FP for about 6 months now, and i'd say that for sure i would buy again. The only thing i would change is that i would not get the premium, i would go with the R-sport or at least the prestige with the headlight upgrade. I get a bit frustrated by the halogen headlights and the lack of keyless entry. Otherwise the way this diesel drives is just amazing. And the looks are top notch - get compliments all the time.

Oh, i guess my only reservation about the FP in general is that **** autostop/start function. It kills me every time i forget to push the off button. I'm not sure it is such a good idea to stop/start a diesel so much. And it uses so little fuel at idle its a joke to even have it there. Make it disable-able!!!
post #509 of 519 Old 05-21-2019, 10:11 AM

City/State/Province: Atlanta GA
Garage
It’s really easy to make turning the stop start off as part of your normal flow.
1. Push starter
2. Wait till car comes off high idle
3. Wait until full display HUD and instrument cluster all displaying, no blank screens (ICTP fully booted)
4. Push Auto Stop Start
5. Reverse out of garage
I do this like a checklist, and it costs me maybe an extra minute, but avoids headaches down the road.
Letting the systems boot up is paramount in the F Pace in my experience.

Ordered 10/3/16 Built 11/4/16 Delivered 12/8/16
2017 F-Pace S: IRR/Brogue/Satin Ash Burl/Oyster HL/Pano w Roof Rails/20" Blades.
Packages: Comfort and Convenience, Luxury Interior, Driver Assistance, Technology.
Heads Up Display, Tow Hitch Receiver, Activity Key

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #510 of 519 Old 05-21-2019, 10:38 AM

Garage
I know on the gas models how to disable start stop and I've done that on my 2017 and my 2019 SVR and never think about it again. I don't know if any Diesel owner has looked at the thread with disabling start stopped and dug deep enough to see if the diesel disable process would be the same, but I would think it probably would be electronically. If it bugs you that much, I disable it permanently by following those directions. It's not a hard process. Took me 10 minutes to do it on my 2019 SVR the day I picked it up.

2019 Ultra Blue F-Pace SVR in the house : 2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - traded on SVR
| 2018 BMW 440i xDrive MSport Convertible (wife's): 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible traded on 440i MSport | 2014 Honda Pilot - traded on F-Pace FE | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - Went to middle son | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife's) - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - oldest son Totaled
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife's) went to second oldest son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - traded on Infiniti

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page