2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 04-25-2019, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
CPO vs new 2019

Trying to get some ideas/opinions. Iím comparing a 2017 CPO f-pace S ($50k)..or a 2019 brand new for mid $60k. With zero percent financing it makes the payment alittle closer. Iím not getting every option I want in the brand new car..but is it worth it if I can get the payment close enough?

As it stands now my payment would be..
2017 CPO $775
2019 New $925

Thatís with money down..should I fight to get the CPO cheaper? And I can push that payment over 72 months? Or would you guys go with the brand new for $150 more per month?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-25-2019, 09:42 PM

City/State/Province: Maryland
Garage
Carmen , PLEASE , just go buy a car already !!!
You have worn out your *Need Opinions* card , a while ago !!!

2017 F-PACE *S* Glacier White w/JET Interior , 20" Grey/Diamond Turned Blades , Technology Pack , Luxury Pack , Comfort & Convenience Pack , Driver Assist Pack , Black Pack , HUD , Manufactured July , 2016 - Purchased Sept. 10 , 2016
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2014 Ford Fusion
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

post #3 of 14 Old 04-25-2019, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRVR View Post
Carmen , PLEASE , just go buy a car already !!!
You have worn out your *Need Opinions* card , a while ago !!!
🤣🤣🤣
Thatís not the opinion Iím looking for. I know, Iím the worst
GRVR likes this.

post #4 of 14 Old 04-26-2019, 12:47 AM

I was in the same boat. When I saw the reveal for the 2016 F Pace I knew I was going to buy one. I was patient and waited until i found exactly what I wanted under CPO. Took 1.5 years but i couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Having said that, if you're not as picky as me, you may find a CPO sooner. The only reason I would consider a new one is if i couldn't find exactly what I was looking for... or if I didn't have the patience.
post #5 of 14 Old 04-26-2019, 09:15 AM

City/State/Province: Palm Beach, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
Trying to get some ideas/opinions. Iím comparing a 2017 CPO f-pace S ($50k)..or a 2019 brand new for mid $60k. With zero percent financing it makes the payment alittle closer. Iím not getting every option I want in the brand new car..but is it worth it if I can get the payment close enough?

As it stands now my payment would be..
2017 CPO $775
2019 New $925

Thatís with money down..should I fight to get the CPO cheaper? And I can push that payment over 72 months? Or would you guys go with the brand new for $150 more per month?
Carmen, you are the only one that knows what you want. It seems that, based on the fact that you are considering a two year old vehicle with the current model year that you are looking for validation in wanting the 2019 model. It is a lovely vehicle, if you want it go get it.

The monthly payment issue is a factor of how you structure the deal and has more to do with your own personal financial position, not whether it is a good deal, but of course zero percent financing is hard to beat!

Personally I went with a new vehicle, but maybe you don't need one because you have no intention of driving many miles. Maybe you want the latest model because you think that most of the original kinks will have been worked out by now, or is that not important? Ultimately it is a wonderful vehicle, new or used, and if you make a decision don't keep re-litigating your own thought process, just enjoy......
post #6 of 14 Old 04-26-2019, 09:35 AM

City/State/Province: Titusville/Florida
Garage
Take a deep breath and back up a bit. Making a final car purchase decision based on monthly payments is not the wisest way to do it.
GRVR likes this.

- Ted
2017 Italian Racing Red R Sport 35t, black trim, 20" black wheels, red & black interior, HUD, Feynlab ceramic coating
& 2005 Bronze 50th Anniversary Edition Ford Thunderbird, customized & modified

post #7 of 14 Old 04-26-2019, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai Uy Ted View Post
Take a deep breath and back up a bit. Making a final car purchase decision based on monthly payments is not the wisest way to do it.
Iíve been really really patient. I do think payment is part of the equation. I had a number in mind and along with my down payment a 2017 CPO puts me right in line with that. Before I was torn between vehicles but atleast I narrowed it down to the jaguar only. Now I just have to wait for the right one.

The new 2019 comes in higher but I just wanted to see the positives and negatives about purchasing new..itís a bump in payment ofcourse but mostly because zero percent is a 60month term.

I appreciate the feedback from everyone.
post #8 of 14 Old 04-26-2019, 12:51 PM

City/State/Province: Arlington VA
Garage
CPO vehicles can be a tremendous investment, but if I were looking now I wouldn't be able to get comfortable with a low mile F-Pace CPO. There are too many horror stories with the 2017 build F-Paces, and I'd always wonder if the car was traded in (or bought back by JLNR) because of issues with that particular build. Paying a 19% monthly premium to get a brand new 2019 that met my desires instead of a CPO that would have lingering question-marks for me would be a no-brainer. But if you're confident you have the full history on the CPO, with complete service records and a clear understanding of how it came to be available, then perhaps it's worth going that route and saving the money.
post #9 of 14 Old 04-26-2019, 01:26 PM

City/State/Province: San Diego, CA
Garage
Took my 2017 CPO S in for its second annual service yesterday-no warranty claims in 2 years. I purchased it with 2K miles on it. (It was a Velar trade in). The only up-charge was for a balance and rotate.

On a side note, the dealer shuttled us in an I-Pace. To me the car was just OK and kind of boring overall. I’m not techie enough to appreciate the engineering behind it.

We have solar panels so from a financial standpoint it would be a no brainer to feed it.

Kerry

2017 S Ammonite Grey

Last edited by four-walling; 04-26-2019 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Grammar
post #10 of 14 Old 04-26-2019, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopics View Post
CPO vehicles can be a tremendous investment, but if I were looking now I wouldn't be able to get comfortable with a low mile F-Pace CPO. There are too many horror stories with the 2017 build F-Paces, and I'd always wonder if the car was traded in (or bought back by JLNR) because of issues with that particular build. Paying a 19% monthly premium to get a brand new 2019 that met my desires instead of a CPO that would have lingering question-marks for me would be a no-brainer. But if you're confident you have the full history on the CPO, with complete service records and a clear understanding of how it came to be available, then perhaps it's worth going that route and saving the money.
I agree with what youíre saying about the horror stories. But I do feel that purchasing CPO , since itís at a jaguar dealer, that the risk would be smaller. I think that if somebody had a bad experience with jaguar, squeaks/rattles whatever..that theyíd trade it in to a different dealer. Hence why I wouldnít purchase non-CPO.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page