4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 04-21-2018, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

City/State/Province: PA
(Thread Starter)
Dealer advice PA

I have been reading this forum for a while, learned a lot, wanting to purchase 30 T Prestige or R sport.
My closest dealership does not have any on the lot, would only offer $ 500-$ 1000 off MRSP- regardless.
They offer loaner and pick up for service only if I buy from/through them.
Other dealerships within 70-100 mile range - better deals- (PA, DE), offer loaners, no pick up service- too far.
It seems most service departments are also closed on Saturdays.
Any recommendations/ suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 04-21-2018, 12:45 PM

Garage
Bought mine at JLR West Chester. From what I have heard, both West Chester and Main Line in Chester County have a pretty solid sales and service reputation. The service I have received at West Chester has been great, they pick up my car, bring a loaner and keep me apprised of the situation. I also got a little more than 1k off sticker and a few thousand more on trade-in. They threw in the all weather mats, cargo cover, and cargo mat for free.

2017 Ultimate black Jaguar F-Pace S
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Tech pack
- Comfort & Convenience pack
- Black pack
- Activity key & heated windshield
Ceramic Pro covered

Previously owned 2015 Lexus GS 350 AWD (gone, traded for the Cat)
post #3 of 16 Old 04-21-2018, 02:11 PM

Garage
This isn't Jersey. PA is a big state. Where in PA are you? City, county...?
Jman97 likes this.

2017 Jaguar F-Pace S First Edition - Caesium Blue w/Activity Key
Suntek Paint Protection Film - Full hood w/wrapped edges, full fenders w/wrapped edges, mirrors, front bumper w/grille pieces, rocker panels and headlights
Ceramic Pro full body + all windows + all four wheels

post #4 of 16 Old 04-21-2018, 02:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek View Post
This isn't Jersey. PA is a big state. Where in PA are you? City, county...?
I just presume all of the cool people are in the Eastern part of the state

2017 Ultimate black Jaguar F-Pace S
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Tech pack
- Comfort & Convenience pack
- Black pack
- Activity key & heated windshield
Ceramic Pro covered

Previously owned 2015 Lexus GS 350 AWD (gone, traded for the Cat)
post #5 of 16 Old 04-21-2018, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks. Central PA for me. Still cool though
post #6 of 16 Old 04-21-2018, 05:20 PM

City/State/Province: Central PA/US
Garage
JPace, Central PA here too and went South of the Mason Dixon line to get mine. Initially on my own went to Jaguar Harrisburg but its a tiny lower volume dealer (zero incentives at the time). Eventually bought through USAA program which gave me a guaranteed $3500 off MSRP at the time but the preferred USAA dealers were Jaguar of Chantilly VA and Jaguar of Cherry Hill NJ. Took the drive to Chantilly and made same day 35T purchase as their inventory was huge on lot and by way of off lot overstock.

2018 F-Pace 35T (Santorini Black); Cold Pkg, Nav, CILA Jet, Gun Metal Double Helix, Gun Metal Exhaust, Last of the 340hp's in '18.
post #7 of 16 Old 04-21-2018, 05:24 PM

City/State/Province: Arlington VA
Garage
Go to truecar.com and spec out the car you want. It's possible one of your local dealers will have internet pricing through them that's lower than what they'll give to walk-ins. I ended up getting my new build for about 6% off MSRP because I received a really favorable Truecar quote on one of their in stock vehicles. I didn't want that particular car, but it told me that if they could sell that car for that price, they could sell any car for that price. It basically led to my talking to my dealer's internet sales guy, who was volume-focused and would rather get a deal done at a slim margin than hold out for a high margin and not get a deal done.

I believe that the economics on F-Paces are roughly this: the spread between MSRP and dealer invoice is about 3.5%. The dealer then receives an additional 3.5% in hold back to cover their inventory carrying cost. So their break-even point on the deal is at about 7% under MSRP. -- ASSUMING you pay their $xxx processing fee on the deal (it's a pure revenue item to cover their prep on the car, overhead, etc. etc.). They also have some additional money coming in for the number of sales they do as well (I believe tied to advertising incentives and the like), so even at a "break even" price they still benefit if they can get the deal done. Additionally, if you buy a new build through them, they still get the full hold back AND they get another build allotment from JLNA. BUT individual sales reps may not be incentivized to work with you at that price because their individual commission on the deal could be as little as a few hundred dollars.

Long winded way of saying, rather than negotiate off of MSRP, negotiate off of their greed point -- to their faces. Tell them that you know that everything over 7% off MSRP is pure profit to them, and that you want them to make a profit because they are a business and need to earn a living, but $xxxx is excessive on a commodity product you can get X other places including out of area, and that you don't value free loaner cars for service visits at $xxxx. They should offer you a better deal. If they don't, to heck with them, buy out of area.

Last edited by Hoopics; 04-21-2018 at 05:27 PM.
post #8 of 16 Old 04-21-2018, 05:30 PM

City/State/Province: Arlington VA
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonz View Post
JPace, Central PA here too and went South of the Mason Dixon line to get mine. Initially on my own went to Jaguar Harrisburg but its a tiny lower volume dealer (zero incentives at the time). Eventually bought through USAA program which gave me a guaranteed $3500 off MSRP at the time but the preferred USAA dealers were Jaguar of Chantilly VA and Jaguar of Cherry Hill NJ. Took the drive to Chantilly and made same day 35T purchase as their inventory was huge on lot and by way of off lot overstock.
I can totally see this. In Northern VA we're lucky we have Chantilly, Tyson's Corner, and Bethesda as volume dealers who know they're going to have to deal to get a deal done with an internet / buying program customer. The USAA program, the Penfed program, Costco, or Amex's car buying program (or Truecar) all are going to route to the same internet sales person who has a say in setting their web pricing, and who is going to be setting that to move inventory. On any given day, any one of the three here locally may be more incentivized than the other to get a deal done and push their monthly transaction numbers up.
Phonz likes this.
post #9 of 16 Old 04-21-2018, 05:49 PM

City/State/Province: Maryland
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman97 View Post
I just presume all of the cool people are in the Eastern part of the state
But isn't that where YOU'RE at ???

2017 F-PACE *S* Glacier White w/JET Interior , 20" Grey/Diamond Turned Blades , Technology Pack , Luxury Pack , Comfort & Convenience Pack , Driver Assist Pack , Black Pack , HUD , Manufactured July , 2016 - Purchased Sept. 10 , 2016
- 2014 Ford Fusion
- 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

post #10 of 16 Old 03-27-2019, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Still searching for the car, need advice for better negotiating. Most offers, were downright laughable- $ 500-1000 off MSRP- that is if I actually get a response.
So if MSRP on my build is 57500 and car on a lot is around 62500- which includes options I want(3100), options I 'll live it (difficult to find without)) and add ons I do not want ( various convenience packs etc-(1750). What would be my target price?Where does the incentive come in play?
Any current info on Philly area/ or Baltimore area.
Thank you

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page