45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 92 Old 10-05-2017, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
F Pace Expert

City/State/Province: Denver/Telluride
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation How To: ICTP Text Messaging Setup & Use

APPLE FOLKS, I HAVE TEXT MESSAGING!

Thanks to Eagle's pictures I did some more investigating and lo and behold I have text messaging.

Here are my specs for those Apple non-haters (not sure what would 'cause one to "hate" a phone brand): IPhone 7 running IOS 11.0.2, 2017 F-Pace S running ICTP 3.05 (I think it's .05).

First I went into my Bluetooth settings on phone for the Jaguar connection, in car, with ICTP fully booted and clicked "show notifications" on (not sure what this does but I did it).

Then I went into Bluetooth settings for my phone in ICTP and clicked "Primary Phone" on, don't remember seeing this setting before but not sure I ever looked here:

Then when I went into Phone area in ICTP sure enough I had "Messages" on the left side. Sent myself a few text messages texts and got them! ICTP dings and pops a little window asking if you want your message read to you. If you are in the Messages area it will show at least the first line of the message. I may be missing something and will look further but I couldn't find any way to respond to message even with canned responses. After making a stop and then restarting car prior messages had been cleared out so it apparently wipes the messages when engine goes off.

So, now a year or so later, we can scratch another major gripe off the list for both Android and Apple phone owners with ICTP.
BeachBum likes this.

British Racing Green S with all the trimmings, Built 7/4/2016, delivered 8/22/16. Love it! BRG Grand Duke of Western Colorado Territories (minus Roaring Fork Valley) and Parts of Denver City
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 92 Old 10-12-2017, 07:16 PM

City/State/Province: Frisco, TX
Garage
Exclamation How To: ICTP Text Messaging Setup & Use

Well I use an iPhone and wanted to see the difference with an Android phone so I went out a purchased a new Samsung S8+ I hooked it up to my car and boom there was text messages and responses. Now I really dont want to get rid of my iPhone however this is a nice feature to have. Since there was so much taking I decided to show this in pictures so you can see this in action.

first you need to pair your device after you get you update to 3.0 remove your old device, this helps clear any issues. Add new device then look at you phone and say yes.

make sure you check that is PRIMARY ( yes I know it says iphone but forgot to take a picture)

Then you will see it on your phone list. I have two you might just have the one. I added the S8+

now when you get a message it will look like this

Now when you click on that you will see the message and see the Messages tab under the keypad tab

then you can hit the messages for a canned response to reply

after you select it then its sent

let me know if you need more pictures or have questions.

DP
MKenM, kris and BeachBum like this.

2019 Silicon Silver with Light Oyster / Jet interior, 22" Double Helix Wheels, AS Tires, Technology Pack, Luxury Pack, Comfort & Convenience Pack, Driver Assist Pack, HUD, WiFi Connect pack, Loadspace luggage rails. Does anyone read these signatures?

Replaced 2017 Ingot R-Sport @ 12864 mi

A forum post should be long enough to cover the subject yet short enough to generate interest.

I have been told by a forum member that I’m a “Wealth of Knowledge” just know I can’t spell for shirt.
post #3 of 92 Old 10-12-2017, 08:59 PM

City/State/Province: Swamptopia, Louisiana
Yes, exciting news, and also reported to be available for iPhone. See thread started by Okie titled something like “text messaging available in ICTP 3”.
VZX-CO likes this.

..don't need no stinkin' heated windshield............

post #4 of 92 Old 10-13-2017, 12:44 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodog View Post
Yes, exciting news, and also reported to be available for iPhone. See thread started by Okie titled something like “text messaging available in ICTP 3”.
My point of buying the phone, testing and the post was to show this is only available for Android. It?s not working for iOS at this time. I tested with iOS 10 and iOS 11

DP

2019 Silicon Silver with Light Oyster / Jet interior, 22" Double Helix Wheels, AS Tires, Technology Pack, Luxury Pack, Comfort & Convenience Pack, Driver Assist Pack, HUD, WiFi Connect pack, Loadspace luggage rails. Does anyone read these signatures?

A forum post should be long enough to cover the subject yet short enough to generate interest.

I have been told by a forum member that I’m a “Wealth of Knowledge” just know I can’t spell for shirt.
post #5 of 92 Old 10-13-2017, 02:27 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
It works for iPhone. I can confirm.
VZX-CO likes this.

2017 Jaguar F Pace S | 2017 AMG C63S
post #6 of 92 Old 10-13-2017, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
F Pace Expert

(Thread Starter)
Same, works fine for IOS 11, as covered in primary thread for this topic. Once again, hope admins could consolidate and stop thread spread to simplify for future readers.

British Racing Green S with all the trimmings, Built 7/4/2016, delivered 8/22/16. Love it! BRG Grand Duke of Western Colorado Territories (minus Roaring Fork Valley) and Parts of Denver City
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 92 Old 10-13-2017, 12:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWreck View Post
It works for iPhone. I can confirm.
Well you must be special since you seem to be the only one to have it work with an iPhone.

Your running ITCP with V3 and an iPhone with iOS 11.0.2 and the text messsages work for you like in my picture above ?

I don’t believe you.

DP

post #8 of 92 Old 10-13-2017, 12:12 PM

Garage
DP,
Did you disconnect and reconnect (pair) your IPhone after updates to both the devices?

ps: Must say- that is some commitment, that you buy a new phone just to check if it works with your car!!

20K miles on 20d R Sport : BRG : Oyster Taurus : Technology : Driver Assist : HUD : Adaptive Dynamics : Convenience
post #9 of 92 Old 10-13-2017, 12:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris View Post
DP,
Did you disconnect and reconnect (pair) your IPhone after updates to both the devices?

ps: Must say- that is some commitment, that you buy a new phone just to check if it works with your car!!
I will pair another Apple phone today to test that.

It’s only money and you can’t take it with you and if you could where would you spend it. Plus I really wanteD to flind out of it was my car or phone. Also I got the VR headset for the Samsung so that’s cool.

DP

Last edited by DPinTX; 10-13-2017 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Because - GRVR
post #10 of 92 Old 10-13-2017, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
F Pace Expert

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPinTX View Post
Well you must be special since you seem to be the only one to have it work with an iPhone.

Your running ITCP with V3 and an iPhone with iOS 11.0.2 and the text messsages work for you like in my picture above ?

I don’t believe you.

DP
If you would read the main thread on this topic rather than throwing up new threads like wet spaghetti you'll see I've posted pictures and yes, incoming text messages work fine for IPhone. It does not seem to have the canned response capability that Android phones have but I need to play around more to see if I'm missing something in setup there. There are also other IPhone users who have reported this working, at least in Europe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page