1Likes
  • 1 Post By JWreck

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 03-11-2019, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

City/State/Province: Charlotte
(Thread Starter)
Vehicle Replacement Process (Need Advice!)

Hi all,

I'm hoping to get some advice from someone who has lived through a JLRNA/Dealer replacement process. My 2017 F-Pace S has 19k miles on it and I can't even begin to list the number of problems I've had over the last two years. I have finally convinced JLRNA to replace it and they advised me that the dealer would reach out to initiate that process.

Something that caught my eye in the email: "I do need to advise you that you may be responsible for any usage, wear & tear, negative equity, and upgrades. The dealership will let you know if this applies to you."

Does anyone have any experience going through this process and/or advice on how to handle this? I've been after them for over a year to replace the vehicle so I don't see why I should have to pay anything out of pocket for this process since they clearly agree that the vehicle needs to be replaced.

Help! And thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-11-2019, 04:48 PM

City/State/Province: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btrev881 View Post
Hi all,

I'm hoping to get some advice from someone who has lived through a JLRNA/Dealer replacement process. My 2017 F-Pace S has 19k miles on it and I can't even begin to list the number of problems I've had over the last two years. I have finally convinced JLRNA to replace it and they advised me that the dealer would reach out to initiate that process.

Something that caught my eye in the email: "I do need to advise you that you may be responsible for any usage, wear & tear, negative equity, and upgrades. The dealership will let you know if this applies to you."

Does anyone have any experience going through this process and/or advice on how to handle this? I've been after them for over a year to replace the vehicle so I don't see why I should have to pay anything out of pocket for this process since they clearly agree that the vehicle needs to be replaced.

Help! And thank you!
Others who have been through this will be able to provide you with details about how this works, but they won't reimburse you for depreciation, basically. So if you're expecting a brand new car with no out of pocket in exchange for your 2 year old car, then you're going to be disappointed.

2018 35t R Sport - Santorini - Black Pack - Heads up Dsiplay - I think a few other packs I can't remember the names of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-11-2019, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
When they replaced our 2017 with 30k miles for a new 2018, there was no out of pocket expense to us. The RTM did say they would normally charge a per mile rate but since we had reported the issues from the beginning of ownership, that wasn’t the case for us now.

Depending on how this current visit goes, we may be telling them to buy it back and leave the brand completely.
cbrehman likes this.

2017 Jaguar F Pace S | 2017 AMG C63S

post #4 of 6 Old 03-12-2019, 10:49 AM

City/State/Province: Frisco, TX
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWreck View Post
When they replaced our 2017 with 30k miles for a new 2018, there was no out of pocket expense to us. The RTM did say they would normally charge a per mile rate but since we had reported the issues from the beginning of ownership, that wasn’t the case for us now.

Depending on how this current visit goes, we may be telling them to buy it back and leave the brand completely.
Still having issues ?

DP

2019 Silicon Silver with Light Oyster / Jet interior, 22" Double Helix Wheels, AS Tires, Technology Pack, Luxury Pack, Comfort & Convenience Pack, Driver Assist Pack, HUD, WiFi Connect pack, Loadspace luggage rails. Does anyone read these signatures?

Replaced 2017 Ingot R-Sport @ 12864 mi

A forum post should be long enough to cover the subject yet short enough to generate interest.

I have been told by a forum member that I’m a “Wealth of Knowledge” just know I can’t spell for shirt.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-12-2019, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPinTX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWreck View Post

Still having issues ?

DP
Ohh yeah. Haven’t received any updates either.

2017 Jaguar F Pace S | 2017 AMG C63S
post #6 of 6 Old 03-13-2019, 01:24 PM

City/State/Province: Towson, Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btrev881 View Post
Hi all,

Help! And thank you!
Btrev881 - -

Wow...you have a good eye to catch something that probably is put in 'fine print', usually by corporate counsel. I would have the dealer fully explain that fairly cryptic comment at the end of the communication. There are some highly open-ended responsibility standards in that last sentence that puts the dealer in a superior position over a deserving customer. I agree with what someone said earlier.....if you have documented everything since the beginning, you should not be liable for any costs or other ancillary expenses.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page