Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

HAPPY with the LOANER , but SHOCKED with SA's News !!!

4K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  GRVR 
#1 · (Edited)
Well , today is 20-days over our *1-Year Anniversary* with our F-PACE !!!
So we drove it the *2-hours* to the dealer , for the Annual Maintenance & Service !!!
Pretty much Right On Time too , as it has *15,957-miles* !!!;)
I was HAPPY to see that our LOANER was a *2018 F-PACE R-Sport* , in *Silicon Silver* !!!
It actually has the *ICTP Package* , the *Driver Assistance Package* , the *Black Package* , and *HUD* !!!
It also has the *20" Optional S Wheels* !!!
And they knew that we would be driving it back home with us , and keeping it for the next week !!!
I guess I should say , *HOPEFULLY they will be done with ours in the next week* !!!:eek:
I think the *Silicon Silver* , may be last years *Tempest Grey*??? *VR* really likes it !!!

The photo below , is the Loaner in our driveway at home !!!
I didn't want to give @Jimmij the opportunity to say *NO PICS , DIDN'T HAPPEN* !!!>:)

Now , to the *SHOCKING* part of this story !!!
The reason we planned on leaving it there for the week , is because I want them to FIX THE DARN CD PLAYER , and go ahead and perform any *Updates* and *Bulletins* that our VIN shows is necessary , as well as FIX the *Rattle in the Drivers Door* and *The Rear Cap Cover for the Tow Hook keeps falling out* !!!
The Service Manager said that there is a *PROBLEM* , as in their computer system it shows that OUR F-PACE had about *7-8 Updates & Bulletins* to address , but it showed that they were ALL ADDRESSED & FIXED already . . . . . . . . . wait for it , wait for it . . . . . . *At a Dealership in GREENSBORO, NC* ????????????????????
Of course those who know *GR* well enough on here already , can imagine what my response was . . . . . . . .
*WHAT THE?????* !!!:eek::mad::mad::mad:
The Service Manager then tells me that they are NOT ALLOWED to perform ANY of the Fixes or Updates UNTIL they can get this resolved , and the Computer System shows that they HAVE NOT been performed yet !!! He says that now that they have my vehicle in their possession , they can hookup to it , and confirm that the Issues & Updates have NOT been ADDRESSED , and at that time they will notify JAGUAR so that the computer system can be corrected !!! He also said that he has even called the Greensboro Dealer to confirm it was OUR car , and they said *YES , it's the SAME VIN* !!!

I wished I had thought of this earlier , but I should have told the Service Manager to call them back and ask *Is the vehicle you FIXED a GLACIER WHITE S with 15,957-miles?* !!!
Simple as That , Case Closed !!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh' well , like I said earlier in this post , *I'm HAPPY with the LOANER* !!!0:)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I was HAPPY to see that our LOANER was a *2018 F-PACE R-Sport* , in *Silicon Silver* !!!
It actually has the *ICTP Package* , the *Driver Assistance Package* , the *Black Package* , and *HUD* !!!
It also has the *20" Optional S Wheels* !!!
And they knew that we would be driving it back home with us , and keeping it for the next week !!!
I guess I should say , *HOPEFULLY they will be done with ours in the next week* !!!:eek:
I think the *Silicon Silver* , may be last years *Tempest Grey*??? *VR* really likes it !!!

Oh' well , like I said earlier in this post , *I'm HAPPY with the LOANER* !!!0:)
Nice to see the loaner has the black pack.
Looks like poor VR might not be the first owner of your white chariot :)

#5 ·
Yep ! We bought it off the lot on Sept. 10th , 2016 with only *52-miles* on it !
It was built in mid-July , and probably didn't get to the Dealer till late in August !
So the Dealer didn't have it long , before we purchased it !

The Service Manager is thinking that the Dealer in Greensboro must have put in a TYPO on the VIN# on the one they actually worked on !

Reactions: kris and BRGPace
#9 ·
Well , our Service Manager called me today to let me know that the Dealer in Greensboro OPENED UP the Bulletins & Updates that were due to be done to OUR vehicle , so our dealer is rockin' & rollin' on it !!! He said that the other dealer was more then willing to clear it up , but would not divulge any REASONS or EXPLANATIONS of why it happened !!!

He said it was receiving an ICTP *UPDATE* , so we shall see which one it gets !!!;)
He also said that the CD PLAYER FIX , was going to take some time (Run NEW Wiring) ???:eek:
He said they should have it READY TO ROLL by Thursday !!!:)
Judging by what's being said on this Forum , and what our Service Manager is saying , it sounds like they are Hopefully one of the COMPETENT Service Departments !!!>:)
I've been pleased with them so far , throughout this past year !!!:D

Reactions: BRGPace and jmk
#11 · (Edited)
Everytime I read i GRVR post, I think of this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSKn8RlD7Is
I'll tell you , the same thing *GR* has been told , plenty of times before on this Forum . . . . . . . .

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT , THEN DON'T READ IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>:)

I can't help it if I don't want my posts to lack *Emotion & Intensity* like all the others on this forum !!!;)

#12 ·
No loaner for scheduled services??

I just had my first scheduled service done.

My local dealer refused to get me a loaner saying that they do not offer loaners for scheduled services.

Is this true across all Jag dealers in the US or do I just have a stingy mean ol' dealer?

#13 ·
I just had my first scheduled service done.

My local dealer refused to get me a loaner saying that they do not offer loaners for scheduled services.

Is this true across all Jag dealers in the US or do I just have a stingy mean ol' dealer?

My wonderful dealer, Jaguar of Hilton Head, SC BROUGHT me a loaner and took mine back for service. Just sayin'.........

Reactions: MTGRL and Gorgon
#17 ·
My dealer charges $20 for the loaner, but that includes gas so I don’t have to refill so it normally balances out, typically in my favor since the dealer is about 30 miles away.

#19 ·
@Trek has said , that at his Lexus dealer ,
he'd even get *Tea & Crumpets & some kinda Pineapple Bundt Chiffon Lemon Swirl Cake* !!!>:)
And a *Massage* too !!!;):laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.