LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 02-04-2019, 03:04 PM

Now that I read this I realized that I haven't heard my fan noise in a while. I'm going to check it tonight - maybe I've just blocked it out.

2018 F-Pace S
1986-2017 Other stuff
1974 BMW Bavaria
1974 Ford Bronco
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 02-07-2019, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
The first time I noticed the difference it was just noticeably louder but much the same. The 'horrible sound" I heard several weeks later was a very loud screeching noise. It was so loud I knew something had to be seriously wrong. When I opened the hood, it was obviously coming from the left headlight unit.
It did this once more after driving back from where I was. The next morning - complete silence. I assume a bearing seized up and the fan just quit.
Haven't spoke to my service advisor yet after sending him an email, but he should be back in the next couple of days.
post #13 of 16 Old 02-07-2019, 07:03 PM

City/State/Province: Temecula
It's all about codes these days. Techs are no longer taught of the old school ways of dealing with issues. Same goes with any other techs out there either on an aircraft or cars, if no codes, techs can't do anything about it. Haven't had any issues with my 2018 F-Pace 35T but have had issues with my other vehicles and if the problem cannot be duplicated with a code, techs these days will not even bother to check or listen.

post #14 of 16 Old 03-10-2019, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Eventually I spoke to the service manager about this. He said he forwarded my complaint to the head office in Canada and they told him no error code - no fix.
He insisted the LED headlight units are monitored for temperature all the time and if they were overheating, there would be an error code. Individual bulbs can be replaced if they burn out. So if anything seriously happens to the unit, I hope it is within my warranty period.
post #15 of 16 Old 03-10-2019, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPinTX View Post
Th units are sealed. Interesting that the replacement unit did not have the “red button” it’s acrullt a dust cover to an adjustment screw.

DP
If the units were sealed there would not be any point to the fans. You would not be able to change the bulbs. The fans normally run for a few minutes after the car shuts down (which has been talked about ad-nausium) when the car first starts for the day the fans should also run.

BTW my Lexus has LED headlights and they do not use fans. I'm pretty sure the LED's will outlast the car.

Mike
post #16 of 16 Old 03-11-2019, 01:24 PM

I thought my fans were broken as I didn't remember hearing the sound any more. I went to check and sure enough they were working fine. I guess I just got used to the sound and tuned it out.

2018 F-Pace S
1986-2017 Other stuff
1974 BMW Bavaria
1974 Ford Bronco

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page