6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 12-15-2018, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
2017-2018 Rear Seat Belt Not Retracting Safety Concern

I purchased a 2017 F-Pace 3l Diesel Sport (good specification) in the UK and after a few trips the rear driver side back seat belt snagged in the plastic trim when moving slightly away from the door. This results in excess seat belt and slack over your body making the seat belt not safe as a consequence of it not retracting without manually positioning it back in line with the trim centre. I raised a case with JLR who stated this was itís normal design and operation. After further investigation JLR replaced the car with a 2018/2019 like for like new car and the issue has reoccurred which is no surprise as this is a design issue. I have read on the forum here that the Wilde Jaguar Dealership in Sarasota identified a fix which is simple involving the trim where the seat belt protrudes from. Could anybody please provide this fix so I can get my local dealer to carry out. I have a son who sits on the back of the car in an isofix seat with straps but when he moves up a car seat we are reliant on the safe operation of the rear seat belts which is a serious concern and I need some help please. Many Thanks David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 12-15-2018, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

Your thread and concern are very much appreciated. Please wait for a member who has experienced your situation to reply. You may bump the thread if your question does not get answered in a few days. Please keep in mind that many forum members do not look at the forum every day and some have left. In the case of @Reckon he has not posted in over a year. If he is still around hopefully this will get his attention.
Cat Lady and Baskettd like this.

Mike
post #3 of 15 Old 12-16-2018, 12:11 AM

Garage
I know the loaner I have right now does it and when my youngest mentioned it I was shocked and she then told me that my MY 2018 does it too so I will be inspecting loaner tomorrow and will bring it up to my SA on both loaner and my F-PACE.
As I sit and type this asking her for details she has now informed me that my MY 2017 did it as well but there was no slack in the belt at the time of our crash so I can't say for certain that it would have done it's job if it had been one of the times it was out of position.
Obviously I will be investigating and asking her more questions.
Baskettd likes this.

" Never mistake her silence for weakness. Remember that sometimes the air stills,
before the onset of a hurricane." - Her Silence ~ Nikita Gill

2018 F-PACE S "Carina" Corris Grey
2017 35t R-Sport "Quorra" Ammonite Grey Jet interior Light Oyster Stitch - Rendered Total Loss Derezzed ~ 8/16/2017 Odometer 9,548 gone too soon

Other Vehicles
2004 Jaguar VDP
1976 Jaguar XJ6L
Etc.
Etc.
Etc

post #4 of 15 Old 12-16-2018, 01:22 AM

I brought this up with my dealership after a week of ownership and they said jaguar was looking into it . I found that the angle of the rear seat tilt affects this. 2019's have this fixed 80% from the loaner I had a few months ago. Nothing for 17 & 18 years though. ��
Baskettd likes this.
post #5 of 15 Old 12-16-2018, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
These quotes are very helpful hopefully somebody in the know can give us details of the fix please. I just did a journey in the car and it slackened 3 x in a 30 mile round trip after slightly leaning over and using the rear climate control settings. The seat belt get’s trapped in the plastic trim so this should be easy to rectify. Hopefully JLR can assist also.
Cat Lady likes this.
post #6 of 15 Old 12-16-2018, 11:49 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe B View Post
I brought this up with my dealership after a week of ownership and they said jaguar was looking into it . I found that the angle of the rear seat tilt affects this. 2019's have this fixed 80% from the loaner I had a few months ago. Nothing for 17 & 18 years though. ��
the loaner I have is a MY 2019 and is doing it and does not have adjustable seats, my MY 2017 didn't have adjustable seats either but my MY 2018 does so I do not think it is a seat adjustment issue

@Baskettd can you give us some more details on your model F-PACE
the more info we are armed with when we talk to our dealers, the better.

since mine is in for service now I will be calling them at open tomorrow to see what they have to say and will check back with any info

" Never mistake her silence for weakness. Remember that sometimes the air stills,

2017 35t R-Sport "Quorra" Ammonite Grey Jet interior Light Oyster Stitch - Rendered Total Loss Derezzed ~ 8/16/2017 Odometer 9,548 gone too soon

Other Vehicles
2004 Jaguar VDP
1976 Jaguar XJ6L
Etc.
Etc.
Etc

Last edited by Cat Lady; 12-16-2018 at 11:57 AM.
post #7 of 15 Old 12-16-2018, 09:14 PM

Garage
I was able to repeatedly and reliable reproduce this problem on both the drivers and passenger sides of the loaner I currently have I so I am confident that when I speak to SA in the morning I will be able to tell him how to do it so he can find a fix the problem.
Also I tried holding a wooden dowel and a wooden ruler under the belt resting on back of seat where belt extends from and could not get same result but as soon as I removed it, bingo! So maybe it needs trimming or perhaps a lift? @Baskettd you have obviously been dealing with this problem for a while so have you tried sitting in the car and just pulling it in and out repeatedly to break it in so to speak.

Other Vehicles
2004 Jaguar VDP
1976 Jaguar XJ6L
Etc.
Etc.
Etc
post #8 of 15 Old 12-17-2018, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi There, sorry for the late reply my car is a 68 plate 2019 model F-Pace Sport Model, 3l engine diesel.

My car is also with my dealer at present.
post #9 of 15 Old 12-17-2018, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi There, it’s not a break it in issue but a design fault as we had this issue after vigorous use of at least 12 months.
post #10 of 15 Old 12-17-2018, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Do we know if Jaguar anywhere in the world have a recognised and controlled fix for this problem at all?
best regards

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page