174Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #551 of 588 Old 10-13-2018, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Is it a Jaguar dealer that is selling you the vehicle? If so are they going to provide the balance of the new car warranty?

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #552 of 588 Old 10-14-2018, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKenM View Post
Is it a Jaguar dealer that is selling you the vehicle? If so are they going to provide the balance of the new car warranty?
As I understand it, yes. It’s balance of the warranty. So about 4 years. That’s what comforts me a bit. Downside, dealer is pretty far from where I actually live, so, even with the warranty, fixes and trips to the dealer may be a pain.

Thanks guys for the input. Leaning toward a yes if I can get the deal I’d like.
post #553 of 588 Old 10-14-2018, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Ask if they provide loaners.

Mike

post #554 of 588 Old 10-15-2018, 01:33 AM

City/State/Province: Frisco, TX
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPie View Post
As I understand it, yes. It’s balance of the warranty. So about 4 years. That’s what comforts me a bit. Downside, dealer is pretty far from where I actually live, so, even with the warranty, fixes and trips to the dealer may be a pain.

Thanks guys for the input. Leaning toward a yes if I can get the deal I’d like.
Do you have a dealer closer? The warranty should be good anywhere and dealers like warranty work.

DP
FreshPie likes this.

2019 Silicon Silver with Light Oyster / Jet interior, 22" Double Helix Wheels, AS Tires, Technology Pack, Luxury Pack, Comfort & Convenience Pack, Driver Assist Pack, HUD, WiFi Connect pack, Loadspace luggage rails. Does anyone read these signatures?

Replaced 2017 Ingot R-Sport @ 12864 mi

A forum post should be long enough to cover the subject yet short enough to generate interest.

I have been told by a forum member that I’m a “Wealth of Knowledge” just know I can’t spell for shirt.
post #555 of 588 Old 10-17-2018, 03:40 PM

City/State/Province: Oregon
Well.. The new module is in, 18c upgrade applied, and I'll agree with everyone else. it's head and shoulders above the former versions.

Definitely seems snappier, voice commands work (including navigation, though I did have to do the 'switch it to american english accent to get it to work', so thanks to whoever discovered that fix!), and also agree the stereo seems better/louder.

The dealer is not installing carplay at all yet, and seemed sort of confused about whether it was even available, but my SA promised that when they do that they'd give me a call. I offered to be a guinea pig/beta tester foe the install. So we'll see...

All an all though, a major upgrade.

2018 35t R Sport - Santorini - Black Pack - Heads up Dsiplay - I think a few other packs I can't remember the names of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #556 of 588 Old 10-19-2018, 08:42 AM

City/State/Province: Ontario
Can I please just ask again for clarification...does anyone in an F-Pace having working carplay or android auto?. Not just installed and activated smartphone pack, but actually working? Anyone?

T. K.
Whitby
post #557 of 588 Old 10-19-2018, 09:51 AM

Garage
Yes. I have a working MY 17 model with smartphone pack activated. Check pictures on the 'Proof' thread.
VZX-CO likes this.

20K miles on 20d R Sport : BRG : Oyster Taurus : Technology : Driver Assist : HUD : Adaptive Dynamics : Convenience
post #558 of 588 Old 10-19-2018, 09:59 AM

Android Auto working on our MY 2017 after the latest update with Smartphone Pack unlocked.
VZX-CO likes this.
post #559 of 588 Old 10-19-2018, 03:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_rooster9 View Post
Can I please just ask again for clarification...does anyone in an F-Pace having working carplay or android auto?. Not just installed and activated smartphone pack, but actually working? Anyone?
You've been hanging out in the wrong part of the forum, that's all we talk about in the Electronics section.

https://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/ele...-proof-14.html

@DPinTX even posted a couple walk through videos with both CarPlay and Android Auto working on the 18C update.
VZX-CO likes this.

2017 Ammonite F-Pace S
Technology, Driver Assistance and Convenience Packages
HUD and Tow Hitch
post #560 of 588 Old 10-19-2018, 04:34 PM

City/State/Province: Ontario
Man...I tried to find but obviously couldn't. I have the 18c, confirmed, and had the tech, who I speak to via text aswell, tell me that the smartphone apps was activated/connected. I tried changing the phone, USB but it won't recognize my phone when I try to plug in via USB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_rooster9 View Post
You've been hanging out in the wrong part of the forum, that's all we talk about in the Electronics section. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/FPaceForum/smilies/tango_face_smile.png[/IMG]

https://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/ele...-proof-14.html

@DPinTX even posted a couple walk through videos with both CarPlay and Android Auto working on the 18C update.

T. K.
Whitby

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page