Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

New 2019 F-Pace Premium Headlights

7K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Red_rooster9 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I just picked up a new 2019 F-Pace 25t Premium car. After a couple of days I sadly realized the car's lights are kinda dull. I now realize the car didn't have the extra lighting package (wish I knew that before hand.)

Does anyone know if the lights can be upgraded after the fact (without breaking the bank?)

Thanks in advance,
Nick

#3 ·
Hey Nick,

I am in your same boat with those crummy halogens without daytime running lights. It seems that there is no way to put the facory LED housings in and get them running cause there is no wire for the daytime running lights on the factory LED's, and the wire attachemnt is totally different (although you could modify that).

Most people, myself included just bought LED replacments for the type of halogens that are in there and it looks 900% better but the beam pattern is all over the place.

If you come up with a better way, i'd love to hear.

Good luck!

#4 ·
Thanks for sharing the link and the tips guys. I will check it out and probably make the change at some point to the LED bulbs. I'm just really surprised a luxury car brand like Jaguar would drop the ball like this on a 55k msrp car. I can understand they wanna upgrade and sell packages, but this seems too stingy.

I'm leasing my car, so do you think it would be a problem when I return the lease if I swap out the bulbs?

Also, is this something you guys did on your own or you brought the car to a mechanic to swap out?

Thanks again!

#5 ·
Did it myself... Takes some time as there is access through the front wheel wells and the light assy is enclosed with yet another removable access panel. It is well worth the 20 mins each side it takes to swap out the bulbs. So to answer your question on the lease - the set of two LED plug and play bulbs will run you about $80. So that's a loss for you at lease turn in (if you leave them in). Its worth it for the 3 - 5 years that you will own the car. My dealer swore I had LEDs in my car up and down and I had to convince him via the invoice that they were halogens. Here is the link: https://www.lasfit.com/collections/...eadlights-kits-high-low-beam-72w-7600lm-6000k

Its funny, I was you about a year and a half ago trying to figure out how to upgrade the headlights.

#6 ·
You may have already covered this, and I know the projector isn't the same on a Premium, but why not change to HID?
I have done on 3 cars, all with a different plug n play sets, about $200 each and all worked well. Only notable issue was one set had a higher cutoff line so I had the line lowered, to not offend others driving, but otherwise it was dead easy and provided unreal illumination at about 3500 lumens I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.