3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 Old 12-19-2018, 06:48 PM

City/State/Province: Frisco, TX
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe B View Post
I hope not, otherwise I'll be contacting a lawyer. Not my fault problems have been since day one of ownership that could not be resolved.

Here in CT if I make them take it back as a lemon law car, they can not deduct for depreciation once it has been to service with the problem and I can even get monetary reimbursement for my troubles. I hope they won't make me go do this, but if they try to screw me, ****'s braking lose and I certainly will NOT be buying another Jaguar/Land Rover ever again.
Having gone though the process, you might want to proceed with lemon law as @MKenM is correct on the pricing and there is also a usage fee you pay for wear and tear based on mileage, A buy back is Jagaur offering you a price for your car and you buying a new one to replace it. Lemon law is different.

DP
MKenM likes this.

2019 Silicon Silver with Light Oyster / Jet interior, 22" Double Helix Wheels, AS Tires, Technology Pack, Luxury Pack, Comfort & Convenience Pack, Driver Assist Pack, HUD, WiFi Connect pack, Loadspace luggage rails. Does anyone read these signatures?

Replaced 2017 Ingot R-Sport @ 12864 mi

A forum post should be long enough to cover the subject yet short enough to generate interest.

I have been told by a forum member that I’m a “Wealth of Knowledge” just know I can’t spell for shirt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 12-19-2018, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Just curious to see what they offer you vs. what you paid.

Mike
post #13 of 19 Old 12-19-2018, 08:40 PM

City/State/Province: Frisco, TX
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKenM View Post
Just curious to see what they offer you vs. what you paid.

My guess is $36,500 what’s the over under ?

2019 Silicon Silver with Light Oyster / Jet interior, 22" Double Helix Wheels, AS Tires, Technology Pack, Luxury Pack, Comfort & Convenience Pack, Driver Assist Pack, HUD, WiFi Connect pack, Loadspace luggage rails. Does anyone read these signatures?

Replaced 2017 Ingot R-Sport @ 12864 mi

A forum post should be long enough to cover the subject yet short enough to generate interest.

I have been told by a forum member that I’m a “Wealth of Knowledge” just know I can’t spell for shirt.

post #14 of 19 Old 12-19-2018, 09:51 PM

City/State/Province: Illinois
How did you get them to buy it back? I’m on my second one and it is in the shop 2-3 times a month. Jaguar is refusing to buy it back saying they only have to fix it under warranty.
post #15 of 19 Old 12-19-2018, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedup View Post
How did you get them to buy it back? I’m on my second one and it is in the shop 2-3 times a month. Jaguar is refusing to buy it back saying they only have to fix it under warranty.
If it in the shop as many times as you say AND it is in for the same problem and they have not been able to fix it then ask for an area manager to meet you at the dealership to review or tell them you will start a lemon law suit. If you meet the requirements in your state it will take a little time on your part but a lot of documentation in which case if you win JLR will not be happy.

Don't be a gluten for punishment.

Mike
post #16 of 19 Old 12-20-2018, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I'll update the thread as I find out more info.

They are 'supposed' to contact me within a week after getting the 'ok' for the buyback, which was Monday.
post #17 of 19 Old 12-20-2018, 05:53 PM

Hi Gabe, what CT dealer are you working with? We took delivery of our 2019 F-Pace S from Jaguar of Fairfield and have been happy with them so far. Let us know if you don't mind. Good luck with the buy back. Never a pleasant thing to go through..
post #18 of 19 Old 12-21-2018, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
It's Jaguar of Fairfield.

Honestly, I have lost all trust in their service techs.

I went there today to pickup the car that they fixed the door.

Get there, door looks good, still see the place it was dinged on the bottom and is bent in a bit but not a very obvious thing.

I say gbye, get on my way. The lifter replacement DID fix the startup clicking sound, so that was a plus.....
Until about 4 miles down the road. Check engine light came on, and car started idling very rough and running horribly.

Felt like it was misfiring out of order.

Back to Jaguar and back in my loaner that I've been driving now for 7 weeks. UGH..

Spoke to them about the process of my buyback and even though they had a meeting about it tuesday morning, they had no idea what and how will be going on.. Even though JNA emailed me Monday mid-day that the dealership will contact me this week to go ahead with the approved buy back.

Considering it's the holidays and Jaguar Corporate is away until January 2nd or 3rd, looks like I'll be stuck with the loaner for at least another 2+ weeks.

Sad but I'm throwing in the towel. Once I get my money back, I'm walking over to Audi. Done and done with this joke..

Another thing, I contacted the Ted, the General Manager there 2 weeks ago when they damaged my door with the whole run down of the issues since day one. He promptly sent me back to the service manager. Not a peep from him or anyone since, other than the service writer calling me to come pickup the car (which is never fixed properly).

Seems like they don't really care..

Last edited by Gabe B; 12-21-2018 at 07:38 PM.
post #19 of 19 Old 12-21-2018, 06:23 PM

The dealership will try to do as little as possible for as cheap as possible. I feel bad for you. Good Luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page