• 1 Post By TLockhart
  • 1 Post By PA-FPace-F

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 04-02-2019, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

City/State/Province: Altadena, CA
Garage
(Thread Starter)
ASL and ISL stuck on?

I started driving today and noticed that the ASL or ISL mode was on (these both provide speed limiting functionality). I've never hit the button accidentally before (and only once or twice on purpose).
Anyway, the manual claims that the Cancel button should, uh, cancel it but that doesn't happen. And the manual also claims that the mode is not available when in cruise control mode, but the buttons for that are reused for ASL and ISL so afaict there is no way to switch it. Unless the Cancel button does what it is supposed to.
I've switched the car off for half an hour or so but that didn't reset anything.
Btw, the low speed limiting is actually pretty awesome. I had to pull into a parking garage and if I get my foot off the gas the car stays at a crawl on the steep ramps.
Anyway, anyone else run into this? Any hints?

2017 BRG 20d Prestige, 19" wheels, ICT, Adaptive Dynamics, aluminum trim, roof rails, and hitch. 889442 built 2017-02-05, delivered 2017-03-16.
1960 MGA 1600 roadster, white. Owned since 1975
1994 Dodge 2500HD Cummins diesel with 300,000 miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-02-2019, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Hmmm. It cleared up, possibly after I got on the freeway. Once those modes are enabled do you have to exceed their upper limits for them to clear??

2017 BRG 20d Prestige, 19" wheels, ICT, Adaptive Dynamics, aluminum trim, roof rails, and hitch. 889442 built 2017-02-05, delivered 2017-03-16.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-03-2019, 02:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Hmmm. This evening it went back to behaving the way I recall it should: pressing the Limit button turns on the speed limiting mode(s), and pressing it again turns them off. Anyone else run into occasional funny business with these modes?

post #4 of 7 Old 04-03-2019, 06:03 AM

City/State/Province: Atlanta GA
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLockhart View Post
Hmmm. This evening it went back to behaving the way I recall it should: pressing the Limit button turns on the speed limiting mode(s), and pressing it again turns them off. Anyone else run into occasional funny business with these modes?
My understanding is the limit button arms the system. You must then push set or resume button to activate. If ASL is active, pressing cancel activates ISL. To cancel ISL you must hit cancel again.
It’s also confusing in that the speedometer pointer remains in sight after disarming, ready to be armed by set or resume, but it is not active. Works well, but the manual doesn’t explain the confusing operation well.
Neat feature in ISL is you can set speed 1-6 mph above and below speed limit read by camera. When ISL is active, press set or minus button to add correction.

Ordered 10/3/16 Built 11/4/16 Delivered 12/8/16
2017 F-Pace S: IRR/Brogue/Satin Ash Burl/Oyster HL/Pano w Roof Rails/20" Blades.
Packages: Comfort and Convenience, Luxury Interior, Driver Assistance, Technology.
Heads Up Display, Tow Hitch Receiver, Activity Key

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by skyking; 04-03-2019 at 06:30 AM.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-03-2019, 09:20 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
My understanding is the limit button arms the system. You must then push set or resume button to activate. If ASL is active, pressing cancel activates ISL. To cancel ISL you must hit cancel again.
It’s also confusing in that the speedometer pointer remains in sight after disarming, ready to be armed by set or resume, but it is not active. Works well, but the manual doesn’t explain the confusing operation well.
Neat feature in ISL is you can set speed 1-6 mph above and below speed limit read by camera. When ISL is active, press set or minus button to add correction.
Hopefully, this does not end up being a repeating problem for you. I thought I had an issue with my new F-Pace when the speed limiter engaged seemingly by it's own a couple times. I never saw that on my previous F-Pace. Low and behold I figured it out as USER ERROR! Shame on me, seems I was trying to hit the SVR button for Active Exhaust which is right next to the Speed Limiter button and must have been hitting the wrong button! Figured it out yesterday, when I noticed the speed limiter come on right after I thought I hit active exhaust. Duhhhh.

It is a cool feature, for a boring back road drive but a little annoying if you need speed to avoid something, and are limited.

2019 Ultra Blue F-Pace SVR in the house : 2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - traded on SVR
| 2018 BMW 440i xDrive MSport Convertible (wife's): 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible traded on 440i MSport | 2014 Honda Pilot - traded on F-Pace FE | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - Went to middle son | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife's) - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - oldest son Totaled
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife's) went to second oldest son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - traded on Infiniti
post #6 of 7 Old 04-04-2019, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-FPace-F View Post
Hopefully, this does not end up being a repeating problem for you. I thought I had an issue with my new F-Pace when the speed limiter engaged seemingly by it's own a couple times. I never saw that on my previous F-Pace. Low and behold I figured it out as USER ERROR! Shame on me, seems I was trying to hit the SVR button for Active Exhaust which is right next to the Speed Limiter button and must have been hitting the wrong button! Figured it out yesterday, when I noticed the speed limiter come on right after I thought I hit active exhaust. Duhhhh.

It is a cool feature, for a boring back road drive but a little annoying if you need speed to avoid something, and are limited.
Hahaha. Thanks for the feedback. And...
I can see it now. All y'all SVR folks jumping on every topic, and slipping in the fact that you have, you know, an SVR. "... was trying to hit the SVR button...". "... was trying not to hit the SVR button...". "... was trying to keep it under 130mph... while not accidentally hitting the SVR button...". "... haven't had that happen yet with my SVR...". "... was driving down the road the other day in my SVR...".
Must. Not. Be. Jealous.
PA-FPace-F likes this.

post #7 of 7 Old 04-04-2019, 05:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLockhart View Post
Hahaha. Thanks for the feedback. And...
I can see it now. All y'all SVR folks jumping on every topic, and slipping in the fact that you have, you know, an SVR. "... was trying to hit the SVR button...". "... was trying not to hit the SVR button...". "... was trying to keep it under 130mph... while not accidentally hitting the SVR button...". "... haven't had that happen yet with my SVR...". "... was driving down the road the other day in my SVR...".
Must. Not. Be. Jealous.
I'll do my best not to say "SVR" in future posts! . I'll use words like V8 and 550hp instead. LOL.
TLockhart likes this.

2019 Ultra Blue F-Pace SVR in the house : 2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - traded on SVR
| 2018 BMW 440i xDrive MSport Convertible (wife's): 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible traded on 440i MSport | 2014 Honda Pilot - traded on F-Pace FE | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - Went to middle son | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife's) - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - oldest son Totaled
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife's) went to second oldest son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - traded on Infiniti

Last edited by PA-FPace-F; 04-04-2019 at 05:51 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page