12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 34 Old 01-16-2019, 08:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: USA
City/State/Province: CA
Posts: 183
Not sure how this went off the rails so quick --

But as a follow up to my sound and them replacing the fuel pumps and some hoses (after they agreed that the noise was not normal) -- the replacements did diddly squat. The sound still remains.

But heh, I guess I got a free fuel pump (and some hoses) out of it. When I take it in for servicing again I'll re-record the sound and play it for them again and say "what gives?". They likely won't fix it (and it may not be fixable or be even a real problem -- though my mechanic friend who DOES *NOT* HAVE EXPERIENCE IN JAGUAR SUPER-CHARGERS agrees that the sound doesn't seem normal).

It's under warranty for another 4 years, so if anything is wrong it's on their dime to fix it. I've pointed it out and that's all I can do presently.
bnztoy likes this.

2018 F-Pace S, BRG with Brogue
Packages: Comfort & Convenience, Technology, Driver Assist, Black
Ash Veneer and Heated Windshield
crimanyfpace is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 34 Old 01-16-2019, 10:26 PM
Member
 
Red_rooster9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Canada
City/State/Province: Ontario
Posts: 370
I've been thinking of your post and have a loaner at the moment (2019 range rover Velar 500 Kms with the 3.0L.) After popping the hood and listening to it cold and warm... it sounds virtually identical to your motor, to mine.


Quote:
Originally Posted by crimanyfpace View Post
Not sure how this went off the rails so quick --

But as a follow up to my sound and them replacing the fuel pumps and some hoses (after they agreed that the noise was not normal) -- the replacements did diddly squat. The sound still remains.

But heh, I guess I got a free fuel pump (and some hoses) out of it. When I take it in for servicing again I'll re-record the sound and play it for them again and say "what gives?". They likely won't fix it (and it may not be fixable or be even a real problem -- though my mechanic friend who DOES *NOT* HAVE EXPERIENCE IN JAGUAR SUPER-CHARGERS agrees that the sound doesn't seem normal).

It's under warranty for another 4 years, so if anything is wrong it's on their dime to fix it. I've pointed it out and that's all I can do presently.
crimanyfpace likes this.

T. K.
Whitby

Last edited by Red_rooster9; 01-17-2019 at 08:26 AM.
Red_rooster9 is online now  
post #23 of 34 Old 01-17-2019, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 75
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakar09 View Post
Easy killer. I'm not a stone cold fanboy of ANY brand, and this is my first Jag. But while some people are stone-cold fanboys, some people are never satisfied. Are we supposed to blindly take your word for it (a word we don't know) and have them rip apart the tops of our engines to put new lifters in? I think the "poor customer service" might be more on your part than theirs.

And I know how to read, son. You still can't claim the problem was solved because you heard it start once after the repair. And look at the can of worms they opened because you kept pushing for them to replace something inside the engine.

Have them buy the car back and move to another brand. Peace out.
Don't worry there. That's what I'm doing. I'm done with the brand, been test driving a bunch of more other crossovers to compare to, and even though if the F-Pace would work perfectly it would beat any and all of them, the manner how Jaguar and the local dealership has and is handling this is utter sheyt.. I've actually have an complaint sent to the CEO of Jaguar/LR UK and the USA offices now.

Hope for your sake you can keep putting up with the issues you might think are 'acceptable' on a $70K car, power to ya..
Gabe B is offline  
 
post #24 of 34 Old 01-18-2019, 12:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Dakar09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Dedham, MA
Posts: 513
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe B View Post
Don't worry there. That's what I'm doing. I'm done with the brand, been test driving a bunch of more other crossovers to compare to, and even though if the F-Pace would work perfectly it would beat any and all of them, the manner how Jaguar and the local dealership has and is handling this is utter sheyt.. I've actually have an complaint sent to the CEO of Jaguar/LR UK and the USA offices now.

Hope for your sake you can keep putting up with the issues you might think are 'acceptable' on a $70K car, power to ya..

Co-misery is not something you'll find here, mate. I am very happy with my car and will continue to enjoy it as long as I own it. And would buy another one.

Have fun with your Audi, or whatever European car you buy. They'll likely have the same types of issues. But I really do think the bad customer service may have come from the customer on this occasion...

Tony

2017 F-Pace R-Sport 3.5t in IRR, 1950 Ford F1 pickup
Dakar09 is offline  
post #25 of 34 Old 01-18-2019, 02:42 AM
Senior Member
 
DPinTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: USA
City/State/Province: Frisco, TX
Posts: 1,818
Garage
Started the car today to listen for the noise, it was there, I don’t think it’s lifters. I was by myself so I could not rev the car and listen. I will try again it’s a faint ticking noise more like an injector or pump type of sound.

DP

2019 Silicon Silver with Light Oyster / Jet interior, 22" Double Helix Wheels, AS Tires, Technology Pack, Luxury Pack, Comfort & Convenience Pack, Driver Assist Pack, HUD, WiFi Connect pack, Loadspace luggage rails. Does anyone read these signatures?

Replaced 2017 Ingot R-Sport @ 12864 mi

A forum post should be long enough to cover the subject yet short enough to generate interest.

I have been told by a forum member that I’m a “Wealth of Knowledge” just know I can’t spell for shirt.
DPinTX is offline  
post #26 of 34 Old 01-18-2019, 12:35 PM
Member
 
Red_rooster9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Canada
City/State/Province: Ontario
Posts: 370
@Dpin..totally agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPinTX View Post
Started the car today to listen for the noise, it was there, I don’t think it’s lifters. I was by myself so I could not rev the car and listen. I will try again it’s a faint ticking noise more like an injector or pump type of sound.

DP

T. K.
Whitby
Red_rooster9 is online now  
post #27 of 34 Old 01-18-2019, 12:36 PM
Member
 
Red_rooster9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Canada
City/State/Province: Ontario
Posts: 370
@DPinTX ..I totally agree




Quote:
Originally Posted by DPinTX View Post
Started the car today to listen for the noise, it was there, I don’t think it’s lifters. I was by myself so I could not rev the car and listen. I will try again it’s a faint ticking noise more like an injector or pump type of sound.

DP
[/QUOTE]

T. K.
Whitby
Red_rooster9 is online now  
post #28 of 34 Old 01-18-2019, 01:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Dakar09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Dedham, MA
Posts: 513
Garage
The pitch of the noises I have heard are either from injector noise or the belt tensioner at the front of the engine. I had mine replaced, which I believe they issued a TSB for last summer.

Tony

2017 F-Pace R-Sport 3.5t in IRR, 1950 Ford F1 pickup
Dakar09 is offline  
post #29 of 34 Old 01-18-2019, 04:03 PM
Senior Member
 
DPinTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: USA
City/State/Province: Frisco, TX
Posts: 1,818
Garage
Well here is a story I found today. Seems on topic. Our engines are make by Ford.

help-us-figure-out-whats-causing-this-strange-typewrighter-ticking
bnztoy likes this.

2019 Silicon Silver with Light Oyster / Jet interior, 22" Double Helix Wheels, AS Tires, Technology Pack, Luxury Pack, Comfort & Convenience Pack, Driver Assist Pack, HUD, WiFi Connect pack, Loadspace luggage rails. Does anyone read these signatures?

Replaced 2017 Ingot R-Sport @ 12864 mi

A forum post should be long enough to cover the subject yet short enough to generate interest.

I have been told by a forum member that I’m a “Wealth of Knowledge” just know I can’t spell for shirt.
DPinTX is offline  
post #30 of 34 Old 01-18-2019, 09:29 PM
Member
 
Red_rooster9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Canada
City/State/Province: Ontario
Posts: 370
Mine sounds like the tick of an injector with extremely consistent repetition. I notice that in the more expensive JLR models it's not as audible outside or inside the cabin, but when the engine cover is off it is essentially the same.


QUOTE=DPinTX;706597]Well here is a story I found today. Seems on topic. Our engines are make by Ford.

help-us-figure-out-whats-causing-this-strange-typewrighter-ticking[/QUOTE]

T. K.
Whitby
Red_rooster9 is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome