4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 Old 07-22-2018, 11:06 PM

City/State/Province: NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimanyfpace View Post
I think I know what you're saying... but the S is a V6. So, I think you meant to say, the I4 schlock in the 2018 model year is inferior to either then V6 that came on the portfolio (340hp) or the S model (380hp).

Just being pedantic.
Pedantically correct! Should have said the 340 HP engine is better than any of the non-S 2018 models. (and inferior to the S!)

Signed,
Very happy with my 17 Prestige 35t
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 07-22-2018, 11:20 PM

City/State/Province: NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimanyfpace View Post
I think I know what you're saying... but the S is a V6. So, I think you meant to say, the I4 schlock in the 2018 model year is inferior to either then V6 that came on the portfolio (340hp) or the S model (380hp).

Just being pedantic.
Pedantically correct! Should have said the 340 HP engine is better than any of the non-S 2018 models. (and inferior to the S!)

Signed,
Very happy with my 17 Prestige 35t
post #13 of 17 Old 07-23-2018, 11:30 AM

Garage
The I4 turbo or turbo/supercharged engines are the reason I left Volvo behind. That's all they offer now in any of their cars/SUVs and while they provide "sufficient power" on paper, the driving dynamics are hideous. They don't sound good, they don't actually get great gas mileage, and they are uninspiring unless you're pushing them. That's not what I want in a vehicle. I don't mind companies offering it as the base option, but not as my only choice in engines. Give me the option for a 6cyl or a V8, and I'll go with that every time.

Congrats on the purchase. I think you did the right thing and will be very happy with the V6. I LOVE mine!!!

Tony

2017 F-Pace R-Sport 3.5t in IRR, 1950 Ford F1 pickup

post #14 of 17 Old 04-16-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakar09 View Post
The I4 turbo or turbo/supercharged engines are the reason I left Volvo behind. That's all they offer now in any of their cars/SUVs and while they provide "sufficient power" on paper, the driving dynamics are hideous. They don't sound good, they don't actually get great gas mileage, and they are uninspiring unless you're pushing them. That's not what I want in a vehicle. I don't mind companies offering it as the base option, but not as my only choice in engines. Give me the option for a 6cyl or a V8, and I'll go with that every time.

Congrats on the purchase. I think you did the right thing and will be very happy with the V6. I LOVE mine!!!
In all honestly I would have probably gone for a Volvo XC90 when I was looking for something to replace the last car and I really like the crisp angular styling that the current Volvos have, but the lack of anything bigger than a 2L 4 cylinder just ruled them out. I guess a legacy of safety first, but an XC90 with a V8 would be pretty amazing as the SVR demonstrates.
Dakar09 likes this.
post #15 of 17 Old 04-17-2019, 01:29 PM

City/State/Province: Ontario
I love my 35t. Having said that,when I put Velocity Tune in.....Jesus!! it was just awesome, and 5 months later it still is. 80 extra Hp is phenomenal and although it's an SUV, when you want to put it in Dynamic when you get on the hwy, drive down a country rd, its remarkable how different the car pulls. Highly recommend.

T. K.
Whitby
post #16 of 17 Old 04-18-2019, 02:48 PM

City/State/Province: Palm Beach, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahdguy View Post
In all honestly I would have probably gone for a Volvo XC90 when I was looking for something to replace the last car and I really like the crisp angular styling that the current Volvos have, but the lack of anything bigger than a 2L 4 cylinder just ruled them out. I guess a legacy of safety first, but an XC90 with a V8 would be pretty amazing as the SVR demonstrates.
I was comparing the XC60 when I chose my S. The engine was definitely a factor, but I had considered getting the Polestar engine upgrade that brought the bhp up a chunk and at comparable pricing too.
post #17 of 17 Old 04-18-2019, 03:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bromma View Post
I was comparing the XC60 when I chose my S. The engine was definitely a factor, but I had considered getting the Polestar engine upgrade that brought the bhp up a chunk and at comparable pricing too.

You could never get a definitive answer as to how Polestar affected the output of their newer I4 engines because it really didn't increase it. It changed shift patterns and behavior of the power delivery, but didn't give much more. Total rip off. I had the Polestar tune in my 2012 XC70 T6, it made a HUGE difference, but not anymore. And then they stopped doing Polestar tuning on their cars altogether.

The V6 in these cars is phenomenal. I put a chiptuner in (not an ECU flash), and the performance with that is even better than stock, which was amazing to begin with. Just an amazing all around vehicle, and so happy with my choice over 2 years ago.

Tony

2017 F-Pace R-Sport 3.5t in IRR, 1950 Ford F1 pickup

Last edited by Dakar09; 04-18-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page