1Likes
  • 1 Post By DDM

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-15-2019, 04:56 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Ictp module replacement

I have had various issues with the ICTP since I took delivery, almost three years ago. Three software updates later there is an issue that persists which is the lack of functionality of the Browse feature for music, either with Bluetooth or hardwire from my smartphone.

My vehicle has been at the dealer now for over two weeks. I told them to keep it until it is fixed. I do have a loaner, a nicely equipped J Pace.

Lots of BS from the service advisor:
Software was again the problem. Update did not solve the problem.
My phone compatibility, called them on that one because I made them test a number of phones on my vehicle in my presence, none worked, Android or I Phone. I also told the service advisor, to tell me which phone does work and I will get it. But it better work because if the new phone does not work, I will become enraged. He could not name one replacement phone.
Browse feature for early production vehicles does not work and I will have to live with it. My response are "you kidding me". Fix it or I will become the "Customer from ****".

Finally I requested a meeting with the service manager. What I got was the shop foreman who deals with all electronic issues. He told me it is likely the module. After all what else is left? I told the service advisor when I brought in the vehicle that it was likely the module. The shop foreman told me he is working on getting approval from Jaguar for a replacement but they have to follow this tortuous procedure which I will not detail, to get approval but he is confident that approval will happen shortly.

What the shop foreman told me is very interesting, Jaguar has had "thousands" of the modules replaced for various problems with different functions. Apparently there is a dispute between Jaguar and the supplier, as to the quality control of the modules. Replacements are bench tested to make sure that they have no defects prior to installation.

Curious to know how many of you have had the module replaced and what was the function or functions that were not working. Also what did it take to get the module replaced? It seems you have to give up your first born child before they capitulate and properly fix the problem by replacing the module.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-15-2019, 08:44 AM

Garage
Torontoadvocate,

Are you only talking about the ICTP Module or all modules. I see quality issues with pretty much most of the modules in the F-Pace in the early 2017 model year builds. My remote start never worked in my 2017, I told the dealership multiple times, Wifi, Cell connection and everything else worked, but remote start would not but once in 10 if I was lucky. I told them to replace the Telematics module, but due to the other things working, they tried new sims, pulling it reconnecting it and 4 different software versions before I gave up because I knew my 2019 order was around the corner. So far with the 2019 everything works as expected, but if I still had the 2017 and was planning to keep it longer term, I would have pushed to get that telematics module replace. It's so nice having a remote start that works in the 2019. I went 2.5 years with the 2017 frustrated with the app and the car since it didn't.

I wonder if one company makes most of their integrated modules? Is Jag responsible for the integration or are all modules and the software from a specific supplier. It would be interesting to know.

Hopefully the ICTP module replacement will permanently fix your issue.

2019 Ultra Blue F-Pace SVR in the house : 2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - traded on SVR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| 2018 BMW 440i xDrive MSport Convertible (wife's): 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible traded on 440i MSport | 2014 Honda Pilot - traded on F-Pace FE | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - Went to middle son | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife's) - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - oldest son Totaled
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife's) went to second oldest son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - traded on Infiniti

Last edited by PA-FPace-F; 05-16-2019 at 07:35 AM.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-15-2019, 12:32 PM
DDM

City/State/Province: Florida
I had mine replaced after I had the 19a update/ my day/night for the nav system would always default to night/ had no voice on the nav/had no sound for Siri or the jag app/ and the side info panel just had the jag logo on the main screen instead of ie phone/weather/ etc they replaced the module and everything was good
PA-FPace-F likes this.

post #4 of 6 Old 05-15-2019, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
ICTP module

As for auto start mine was problematic but a software update seemed to fix that.

I do to keep mine for at least 5 years likely six since at the 3 year and 3/4 mark I have only 23,000k or for you guys/gals in the USA
about 14,000 miles.

Apparently now the problem is with Jaguar Tech. My vehicle will have been at the dealer as of this Friday for three weeks. In the meantime I keep driving their courtesy J Pace.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-16-2019, 11:37 AM
DDM

City/State/Province: Florida
would love a pic of the loaner J Pace.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-16-2019, 12:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontoadvocate View Post
In the meantime I keep driving their courtesy J Pace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDM View Post
would love a pic of the loaner J Pace.
Yes, yes, yes!!!! Would love pics and details!!
F-PACE comparisons as to size, power etc.
We must have all info!

" Never mistake her silence for weakness. Remember that sometimes the air stills,
before the onset of a hurricane." - Her Silence ~ Nikita Gill

2018 F-PACE S "Carina" Corris Grey
2017 35t R-Sport "Quorra" Ammonite Grey Jet interior Light Oyster Stitch - Rendered Total Loss Derezzed ~ 8/16/2017 Odometer 9,548 gone too soon

Other Vehicles
2004 Jaguar VDP
1976 Jaguar XJ6L
Etc.
Etc.
Etc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page