18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 Old 12-18-2018, 06:31 PM

City/State/Province: Maryland
Garage
Nice work , @skyking !!!

Right from the get go , GR had 100% faith in the information that was given to us ,
from the "guy who originally posted this procedure" !!!

2017 F-PACE *S* Glacier White w/JET Interior , 20" Grey/Diamond Turned Blades , Technology Pack , Luxury Pack , Comfort & Convenience Pack , Driver Assist Pack , Black Pack , HUD , Manufactured July , 2016 - Purchased Sept. 10 , 2016
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2014 Ford Fusion
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 12-18-2018, 09:07 PM

City/State/Province: Savage MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPinTX View Post
Try it with the cooling setting and let’s me know how that works. I have a service ticket form Jaguar stating that it’s a know issue with no current fix.

Maybe it only works for heat. In Texas I’m mainly concerned with cooling,

Anyway if you don’t mimd letting me know

Thanks
DP
It works for turning on the seat heat to level 2... I have not tried the cooling, so you may be onto something.

2019 Fuji White F-Pace S
2012 Porsche Cayman R
2007 Subaru WRX Wagon
post #13 of 18 Old 12-19-2018, 07:33 PM

City/State/Province: CA
... i wish there was a way to ignore people on this forum. folks that contribute absolutely nothing but feel the need to comment on every single post with tons of emoticons remind me of teenagers -- who also never contribute anything intelligent to the conversation even though they say lots of words.
DPinTX likes this.

2018 F-Pace S, BRG with Brogue
Packages: Comfort & Convenience, Technology, Driver Assist, Black
Ash Veneer and Heated Windshield

post #14 of 18 Old 12-22-2018, 02:30 PM

City/State/Province: Frisco, TX
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRVR View Post
Maybe the next time DP decides to claim that something someone else says is "WRONG" ,
he will PAUSE for a few seconds first
Probably not

DP
GRVR likes this.

2019 Silicon Silver with Light Oyster / Jet interior, 22" Double Helix Wheels, AS Tires, Technology Pack, Luxury Pack, Comfort & Convenience Pack, Driver Assist Pack, HUD, WiFi Connect pack, Loadspace luggage rails. Does anyone read these signatures?

Replaced 2017 Ingot R-Sport @ 12864 mi

A forum post should be long enough to cover the subject yet short enough to generate interest.

I have been told by a forum member that I’m a “Wealth of Knowledge” just know I can’t spell for shirt.
post #15 of 18 Old 12-22-2018, 02:40 PM

City/State/Province: Frisco, TX
Garage
@skyking I had to redo my custom home screen since that was wiped out as part of the update fix process.

The OK is there now and the favorite seat settings have stuck after a few cold starts

I can press once to turn on and then press again and it turns off.

Thank you for the information

mea culpa, mea culpa,
mea máxima culpa.

DP

GRVR and skyking like this.

2019 Silicon Silver with Light Oyster / Jet interior, 22" Double Helix Wheels, AS Tires, Technology Pack, Luxury Pack, Comfort & Convenience Pack, Driver Assist Pack, HUD, WiFi Connect pack, Loadspace luggage rails. Does anyone read these signatures?

Replaced 2017 Ingot R-Sport @ 12864 mi

A forum post should be long enough to cover the subject yet short enough to generate interest.

I have been told by a forum member that I’m a “Wealth of Knowledge” just know I can’t spell for shirt.
post #16 of 18 Old 12-22-2018, 02:43 PM

City/State/Province: North Carolina
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimanyfpace View Post
... i wish there was a way to ignore people on this forum. folks that contribute absolutely nothing but feel the need to comment on every single post with tons of emoticons remind me of teenagers -- who also never contribute anything intelligent to the conversation even though they say lots of words.
There is, simply go to that user's profile and click on "User Lists" and you can add to ignore list. You will not see any posts by that person.

I do take exception to the teenager comment, but that is for another thread.

As for Home Screen Seat Settings, this is good information when my 2019 comes in. I wonder if things will flow a bit better with ICTP, which will be the standard. No more real needles to flick and rock. . .

2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

1968 Corvette Convertible
post #17 of 18 Old 12-24-2018, 12:20 PM

City/State/Province: Arlington VA
Garage
I finally got this to work, after a couple false starts. In addition to the instructions above, a few things that confused me:

1. There are two widgets, one for seat settings and one for favorite seat settings. Only the favorite seat settings widget is sticky.
2. It seems that if you try to set it while the seat is already turned on, it won't stick. You need to turn off the seat, then follow the widget instructions above, then once you've made your settings hit OK.
3. After you've hit OK, you need to back out of the menu editing page before you try to play with seat settings.
4. Once you've set the widget, and you hit it, nothing visually happens EXCEPT the little seat icon in the upper corner goes from turned off to red.

Maybe some of that is evident to others, but it wasn't to me.

Side note -- In tinkering with all this, I found a widget that lets you scroll through stereo mode between DTS, meridian, Dolby, and Stereo just by tapping it. That's a huge time savings, as I'd previously been drilling down into the audio settings menu. I switch these often as I have different preferences for different types of audio.

2018 F-Pace 30T Portfolio, caesium blue, sienna interior, ceramic pro 9H, blacked out chrome, other minor bells and whistles, fully functioning ICTP nav voice commands!
post #18 of 18 Old 12-29-2018, 10:06 PM

This is why I love this forum!!! I was always a little annoyed about going through a 4 step process to get my heater on and back to home screen. I was jealous of my wife's Suburban where you just press a button and the seat heater is on. Now I just hit the favorite seat setting and bam! - nicely heated seats at level 2.

2018 F-Pace S
1986-2017 Other stuff
1974 BMW Bavaria
1974 Ford Bronco

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page