18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 Old 11-29-2018, 11:12 AM
EAD

Apple Car Play help

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobatStews View Post
I guess that's why my 2018 F Pace was in the shop for almost two weeks getting the 18C update and the Smartphone Pack! I was always having issues with the ICTP since I got the car last year and had it in the shop several times for updates. My SA tried telling me that there was a charge for the Smartphone Pack for which I replied that he should check with his manager as I've been in several times with issues and now you want to charge me for an update that may or may not work? The manager got back to me quite quickly and told me any charges will be waived. I've been using it for about a week now and it seems to be really working well. Finally I think I'm happy with my ICTP!
Although Car Play responds to the Hey Siri statement, from that point it will"flounder" and eventually say, no connection possible, try later. Waze, on the other hand works immediately with verbal commands. I suspect there are settings corrections required on the phone and/or the ICTP system. Any help would be appreciated. I contacted Jaguar USA, which advised that I must contact the dealer, which I have done as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 11-29-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NixMo View Post
Thanks for posting the video, looks like exactly what I've been waiting for almost 2 years now haha...
As far as carplay - same problem here. Just got it back yesterday with 18C and the only options i get are incontrol apps or cancel when i plug in the iphone to the car USB ports. disappointing but I'll specifically ask for the smartphone pack/carplay next time it's in and not just "the latest software update"

on the positive side, my hotspot works again - user error, I think the previous update set the mobile data limit to 100MB, found that quickly in the new SW and set it to 1000GB
same for me... I am not sure If they know how to do it or If the ACP/AA is not available for the Brazilian Market. My dealer already update the software version to 18C but they sai that there is no way to activate the Smartphone pack. Today I left my car with them and make ask to follow the steps suggested by @DPinTX . Lets see If it works...
post #13 of 19 Old 11-30-2018, 10:49 AM
F Pace Expert

City/State/Province: Denver/Telluride
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAD View Post
Although Car Play responds to the Hey Siri statement, from that point it will"flounder" and eventually say, no connection possible, try later. Waze, on the other hand works immediately with verbal commands. I suspect there are settings corrections required on the phone and/or the ICTP system. Any help would be appreciated. I contacted Jaguar USA, which advised that I must contact the dealer, which I have done as well.
“No connection available” means Siri can’t get internet access to process your command. All Siri commands processed in cloud not on your phone. Check how your phone is trying to connect to internet when in your car. Are you connected to car’s hotspot/wifi and then there is no connection/no SIM? Is your phone working directly with its own cell service? When this situation arises, unplug phone and see if you are able to browse the web with your phone or do other internet connected things to see if your cell service/internet connection is working. Not sure how Waze processes commands, but it may be locally on your phone which is why it works and Siri doesn’t.

To put it more clearly; Siri requires a good internet connection, figure out why it doesn’t see one and you’ll solve issue.

Strongly encourage all Apple CarPlay specific usage (not install) questions be put in:

https://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/ele...tches-etc.html

British Racing Green S with all the trimmings, Built 7/4/2016, delivered 8/22/16. Love it! BRG Grand Duke of Western Colorado Territories (minus Roaring Fork Valley) and Parts of Denver City
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 19 Old 11-30-2018, 06:13 PM
EAD

Thank you for taking the time to help
post #15 of 19 Old 12-04-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VZX-CO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I just had the 18C update on my 2017 F-Pace. However, I called the dealership last week to ask them about this and they had to investigate before confirming It could be done and then told me it’s a 50/50 shot of the update working to bring apple car play to my vehicle. The 18C update worked great but I’m not sure they installed the smartphone pack update on top of It, as I still do not have Apple car play. I’m not even sure they knew about the addition update as I had to tell them about the possible 18C update. They assured me they installed The smart phone pack, but I don’t see they did in any of the paperwork. What do you guys suggest from here? 18C is installed and works fine, I just have no option for Apple car play.
Just to check; you have plugged your iphone in with a USB cable and there is no reaction? If so have you then gone into ICTP connection settings for your phone and verified the options in there for your phone? CarPlay lives in your phone so it has to be plugged in to work.
Yes I plugge It in and only get incontrol apps or cancel. There is no option within the actual 18c update on the home screen for Apple car play which goes to show me that the smartphone package was not added on Top of 18c update. I have three other vehicles with Apple car play and no issues.
post #16 of 19 Old 01-04-2019, 10:33 PM

I’m proud to say, that second trip to dealership and I finally have Apple car play. Apparently jaguar released a new update dec 12 that was fixing all the previous problems. So for my 2017 F-Pace is happy to 18C and Apple car play update!
VZX-CO likes this.
post #17 of 19 Old 01-29-2019, 09:03 PM
jmu

[quote=DPinTX;699393]Here is a Video walk through of Apple Carplay in my 2019 F-PACE To add Apple Carplay your car needs to have an ICTP, this is not available for the ICT. You need to have the 18C update. The IMC needs to have ALL of the master controller software parts updated ( there are 8 parts) and then pass a QC test ( there are 9 table parameters) . Once all this is done the add on pack called Smartphone Pack. Will show that is can be installed and activated.

Thanks
DP

Greetings
Called into Jaguar to upgrade from 18B to 18C + install smartphone pack on my 2 month old F-Pace and was annoyed that they asked for $299+tax for the privilege. I was not pleased and am waiting to hear back from my sales-person

Is such a charge consistent with your experience?

Thanks
post #18 of 19 Old 01-29-2019, 09:53 PM
F Pace Expert

City/State/Province: Denver/Telluride
[quote=jmu;707235]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPinTX View Post
Here is a Video walk through of Apple Carplay in my 2019 F-PACE To add Apple Carplay your car needs to have an ICTP, this is not available for the ICT. You need to have the 18C update. The IMC needs to have ALL of the master controller software parts updated ( there are 8 parts) and then pass a QC test ( there are 9 table parameters) . Once all this is done the add on pack called Smartphone Pack. Will show that is can be installed and activated.

Thanks
DP

Greetings
Called into Jaguar to upgrade from 18B to 18C + install smartphone pack on my 2 month old F-Pace and was annoyed that they asked for $299+tax for the privilege. I was not pleased and am waiting to hear back from my sales-person

Thanks
I think you want this thread:

https://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/ele...uto-proof.html

...and in summary, no, demand they do it for free, ask your dealer’s service manager, “I can get this on a KIA or Honda for free but not a Jaguar?”

British Racing Green S with all the trimmings, Built 7/4/2016, delivered 8/22/16. Love it! BRG Grand Duke of Western Colorado Territories (minus Roaring Fork Valley) and Parts of Denver City
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 19 Old 01-30-2019, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

City/State/Province: Frisco, TX
Garage
(Thread Starter)
[quote=jmu;707235]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPinTX View Post
Here is a Video walk through of Apple Carplay in my 2019 F-PACE To add Apple Carplay your car needs to have an ICTP, this is not available for the ICT. You need to have the 18C update. The IMC needs to have ALL of the master controller software parts updated ( there are 8 parts) and then pass a QC test ( there are 9 table parameters) . Once all this is done the add on pack called Smartphone Pack. Will show that is can be installed and activated.

Thanks
DP

Greetings

Thanks
Of your car is a 2019 then there is a bulletin for the 18D with CarPlay that they should install for free. Do a search for the 18D it has the bulletin numbe you will need to give to the dealer if they try to play dumb.

DP
VZX-CO likes this.

2019 Silicon Silver with Light Oyster / Jet interior, 22" Double Helix Wheels, AS Tires, Technology Pack, Luxury Pack, Comfort & Convenience Pack, Driver Assist Pack, HUD, WiFi Connect pack, Loadspace luggage rails. Does anyone read these signatures?

Replaced 2017 Ingot R-Sport @ 12864 mi

A forum post should be long enough to cover the subject yet short enough to generate interest.

I have been told by a forum member that I’m a “Wealth of Knowledge” just know I can’t spell for shirt.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page