3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 09-21-2016, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Adelaide, Australia

G'Day, anyone else from Australia on here?

Currently trying to pick which F-Pace to go for. Have taken a R Sport, 3.5t in Glacier White for a test drive and was fun, but just didnt like the exhaust note (a bit tinny sounding compared to the SQ5.) I am planning on taking a 2.0d and a 3.0d for a test drive soon to see which engine to go for.

As I'm new, is there a thread on which engine is better? I am currently tossing up to whether get a Prestige and add our options to it or get a R Sport and add our options to it.

Any help advice from owners on what they went with etc would be great. Just as a side note a R Sport 3.5t will set me back close to $125k here in Australia, which is too much coin for my liking, hence why I am thinking of going the prestige with maybe the 2.0d if that engine is ok as its a lot cheaper. I have seen one with the options we want for around $90k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 09-24-2016, 07:12 AM

Yes, I'm in Canberra. Picked up my F-pace 30d first edition a couple of days ago. It's been around the workshop since getting some enhancements done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1474715550671.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	18209  
post #3 of 23 Old 09-24-2016, 09:23 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
Yes, I'm in Canberra. Picked up my F-pace 30d first edition a couple of days ago. It's been around the workshop since getting some enhancements done.
Welcome guys. I do wish we had the option to get that 30d here in the states. Would have been worth testing that one out.

I know there is one other Aussie by the name of Scotty who was around for a while, I don't know if he is still out there but he's an off roader who has some interesting ideas for the FPace!

Welcome!

2019 Ultra Blue F-Pace SVR in the house : 2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - traded on SVR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| 2018 BMW 440i xDrive MSport Convertible (wife's): 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible traded on 440i MSport | 2014 Honda Pilot - traded on F-Pace FE | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - Went to middle son | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife's) - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - oldest son Totaled
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife's) went to second oldest son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - traded on Infiniti

post #4 of 23 Old 10-10-2016, 09:33 AM

Hi supercoach and Cmac,

Another Aussie here from Perth in WA. Joined the UK sister site a while back but have been following this site as well.

Congrats Cmac on picking up your car.(Envy) My build starts mid October with arrival in Australia in early January. Can't wait ! I see you got the 3.0D. I also went for the 3.0D. After test driving them all I feel it was the pick of the bunch.
Have you decided on what you are going for SC ?
Cheers...Wayne

Arrived : JAG F-Pace MY17 30d S - DSB, Brogue/Light oyster, Ebony, Lux Pack, 22" D/Helix 15-Spk Silver, Fixed Pano Roof, Satin Roof Rails, Chrome Window Surround, Act Key, Adaptive Cruise Control, AD, BSM, in Control Touch Pro, Keyless Entry.

Last edited by MKenM; 11-07-2016 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Fixed Formatting
post #5 of 23 Old 10-10-2016, 09:36 AM

Oooops ! something wrong with the damned formatting in that post.

Arrived : JAG F-Pace MY17 30d S - DSB, Brogue/Light oyster, Ebony, Lux Pack, 22" D/Helix 15-Spk Silver, Fixed Pano Roof, Satin Roof Rails, Chrome Window Surround, Act Key, Adaptive Cruise Control, AD, BSM, in Control Touch Pro, Keyless Entry.
post #6 of 23 Old 10-10-2016, 01:02 PM
VZV

Guess I'd have to move tonAustralia to get the 3.0. Which is what I want
post #7 of 23 Old 10-10-2016, 03:22 PM

Garage
Of course you could also choose to move to New Zealand.

We have had our 3 litre Diesel S for about a month or so now and done almost 600 Kms. It's my wife's car so doesn't travel that far.
But we love it. We have had no problems whatsoever and she tells me she is really enjoying the whole Jag experience.
post #8 of 23 Old 10-10-2016, 07:00 PM

Vzv I thought they were bringing the D into the US only they were going to be a little later this year? Haven't some people already got 2.0D's.

You could also go up to Canada, get one and come back!
VZV likes this.
post #9 of 23 Old 10-10-2016, 07:03 PM

Congrats Young Kiwi, can't wait for its. Hopefully early January. Mine is also for the wife...but hopefully I'll get to have a drive as well ??
VZV likes this.
post #10 of 23 Old 10-10-2016, 07:27 PM
VZV

Quote:
Originally Posted by compuway View Post
Vzv I thought they were bringing the D into the US only they were going to be a little later this year? Haven't some people already got 2.0D's.

You could also go up to Canada, get one and come back!
I think from what I read here people are waiting for their 2.0 diesel f paces.
3.0 may or may not come next year.

Hike to Canada. Too far.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in