29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 Old 06-09-2016, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Tire pressure - yikes!

Hey guys I hate to start a new thread if this info is in a different thread but I just read someone's post about the fact that their FPace tires were at 53lbs pressure! I can't seem to find that thread.

I just went out and mine were at 50! I was wondering why the ride was a little bumpier than I remember the R-Sport being on my test drive. Well no freakin wonder!!! Whoever posted that, thank you !

Since my wife is the one doing all the driving in it 95% of the time , I haven't gotten to interface with the car much but rest assured at some point today I'm going to deflate those babies to 35lbs. According to the manual 34lbs is "normal" and you should only put it at 45lbs for maximum load like big Americans and pulling a trailer! So, right now, I'm over 5 lbs more on each tire which is only for 5 passengers on a triple bacon-cheeseburger diet!

So hoping that anyone not paying attention or has bumpy ride issues will check their tire pressures and report back. Thanks again posters for the appreciated info!

BTW, if you don't have a tire pressure gauge, it's worth the little extra money to buy a digital tire pressure gauge. I've found the cheapos to be inaccurate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 Old 06-09-2016, 02:45 PM

I was the lucky guy with the 53 psi tires at delivery. And my wife is the main driver also, and she doesn't notice things like that
The good news here is that the TPMS info on the dash display is 100% accurate and once we figured out how to turn it on that is what alerted us. A quick check with the tire pressure gauge proved the display to be right.

Now I'm worried what else they failed to do at pre-delivery
VZX-CO likes this.
post #3 of 48 Old 06-09-2016, 02:54 PM
Joe

Wow... I usually like to keep a harder tire (38-40psi) but that's kind of worrying at 53psi. But thankfully the dash display is on point.

post #4 of 48 Old 06-09-2016, 04:33 PM

Thanks for this post. Question: Would overinflated tires lead to higher tire and car noise?

I am just wondering if overinflated tires were the cause for car noise in the R Sport I tested 2 weeks ago.

LMK.
Peter likes this.

'S' model with Tech and Convenience Pack.
post #5 of 48 Old 06-09-2016, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston View Post
Thanks for this post. Question: Would overinflated tires lead to higher tire and car noise?

I am just wondering if overinflated tires were the cause for car noise in the R Sport I tested 2 weeks ago.

LMK.
Yes yes and yes. Overinflated tires can wear out quicker, be noisy, and screw up the ride a lot. Underinflated tires can also do the same thing.
MKenM and Houston like this.
post #6 of 48 Old 06-10-2016, 03:06 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWreck View Post
Yes yes and yes. Overinflated tires can wear out quicker, be noisy, and screw up the ride a lot. Underinflated tires can also do the same thing.
That answer sounds vaguely familiar...
JK8112 likes this.

----------------
2017 F-Pace S
2013 RR Evoque
2006 X-Type
2002 X-Type
2004 Discovery Series II
post #7 of 48 Old 06-10-2016, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Quote:
That answer sounds vaguely familiar...
It's amazing how many people don't understand how tires work or affect the characteristics of their car. If you were to learn anything about a car, tires would be the one thing to know. They're the only thing keeping you planted on the ground!
deafsoundguy likes this.
post #8 of 48 Old 06-10-2016, 09:58 AM
Joe

post #9 of 48 Old 06-10-2016, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
It's amazing how many people don't understand how tires work or affect the characteristics of their car. If you were to learn anything about a car, tires would be the one thing to know. They're the only thing keeping you planted on the ground!
Exactly true. This is something I try to explain to my family members, nieces and nephews who are of driving age now. Since they are the only thing between you and a several ton vehicle, and that relationship between a phone pole, wall or oncoming car, this is something that you never skimp on. I always buy the best tire I can get in relationship with the vehicle's use and known upcoming weather. I spun out once in my first car when it was raining in the middle of an intersection with crappy tires and that experience is forever ingrained in my noggin. Your life and the lives of others are totally dependent on a few inches of rubber contact - scary when you think about it...
JWreck likes this.
post #10 of 48 Old 06-10-2016, 01:43 PM

LOL "Big Americans"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page