1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 06-07-2017, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

City/State/Province: MEADVILLE, PA
(Thread Starter)
22" Black Double Helix Rims with "wear" issues.

Hello, I am new to the Forum and need some help, advice, opinions.

I have a 2017 F-Pace R Sport with 22" Black Double Helix Rims. Ordered the Vehicle in January 2016 and took ownership in June 2016. Vehicle has 13,000 miles on it and the Black is wearing of off the inside of all four rims. Vehicle is currently at the dealer. Dealer is saying Jag will not cover because this is a "wear" issue do to normal driving. Since when do $4000 dollar rims wear?!? Its so bad that in 2 years from now I guarantee the paint will be completely worn off. It has to be one of two things, or both. The aerodynamics of the vehicle with the 22" rims/tires is causing a sand blasting effect on the back rims. Or the paint is bad. Rims are wearing like a rocker panel would wear. Anyways, does anyone else have this issue or have have heard of problems with these rims. I take excellent care of this vehicle and is only on paved roads. Couple pictures are attached. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rim 1.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	39601   Click image for larger version

Name:	rim 2.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	39609  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 06-07-2017, 12:51 PM

Garage
I'm seeing similar chips on my FE Double Helix rims. Although, I'm not using them now since they are just my winter setup. I see more issues on the rims on the left side of my F-Pace and I think it's due to running on the interstates that have Jersey dividers on the left of the fast lane with no shoulder. I think there is a lot of sand and small rocks moving around due to that limited space and that is what bounces off the rims creating those small chips.

I plan on getting them resprayed, probably leveraging electrostatic process of some type.

2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - in the house
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible (wife) | 2014 Honda Pilot - Gone traded on F-Pace FE) | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - gone (Went to son) | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife) gone - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - Gone Son Totaled
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife) Gone - went to second oldest Son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - Gone traded on Infiniti
post #3 of 23 Old 06-07-2017, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I agree with you on the cause. However, I have never had issues like this with any other vehicle I have ever owned. I expect these rims to be of much better quality. I am going to demand the dealership replace them, see how far that gets me.

post #4 of 23 Old 06-07-2017, 01:56 PM

Garage
mmm thats weird I have the first edition wheels and don't have that problem and never had issue with wear wheels in my other cars, also other question what tire are you using I hate the zeros wears to fast gotta change to contis later.

2017 F-Pace Rhodium silver
post #5 of 23 Old 06-07-2017, 01:58 PM

Garage
Wow... there so bad I thought that was dust covering the wheels. This is why I would never own black wheels, they look great but if I pad $3500 for those wheels and they looked like that after a year id be pis*ed

2017 Ultimate black Jaguar F-Pace S

- Tech pack
- Comfort & Convenience pack
- Black pack
- Activity key & heated windshield
Ceramic Pro covered

Previously owned 2015 Lexus GS 350 AWD (gone, traded for the Cat)
post #6 of 23 Old 06-07-2017, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yes, I am pissed. I have a 2013 jeep wrangler with Black Rims and no issues with them. Jaguar should be ashamed of a product they produced doing this.
post #7 of 23 Old 06-07-2017, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
And no dust. Those are freshly cleaned waxed / buffed wheels. JUNK
post #8 of 23 Old 06-07-2017, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I ran contis in the winter and now back to the zeros.
post #9 of 23 Old 06-07-2017, 02:59 PM

Garage
ELLKAY, your wheels are really bad, mine only have 3 or 4 nicks per wheel. So I think I would complain to the dealership as well if I were you. Be prepared for questions though. The Jersey divider issue is one, but the one they will probably ask is do you drive on gravel roads regularly. I think that probably could do that as well.

2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - in the house
| 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible (wife) | 2014 Honda Pilot - Gone traded on F-Pace FE) | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - gone (Went to son) | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife) gone - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - Gone Son Totaled
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife) Gone - went to second oldest Son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - Gone traded on Infiniti
post #10 of 23 Old 06-08-2017, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Car is at dealer ship. Told them I don't want it back unless it has new rims. I have a loaner from them, I will keep it until they fix mine. This could get ugly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page