• 1 Post By TLockhart
  • 1 Post By VZX-CO
  • 1 Post By CyJag
  • 1 Post By bendobe

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 03-21-2017, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
How long from CA port to Colorado?

Anybody know how long it usually takes for an FP to arrive at a Colorado dealer after it reaches the port in California? My FP is expected to arrive at Port Hueneme in Oxnard, CA on 3/25. The vista printout lists a handover date in early May. Based on recent posts from others on this forum, I'm hoping to get my new FP by mid April.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-21-2017, 01:57 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyJag View Post
Anybody know how long it usually takes for an FP to arrive at a Colorado dealer after it reaches the port in California? My FP is expected to arrive at Port Hueneme in Oxnard, CA on 3/25. The vista printout lists a handover date in early May. Based on recent posts from others on this forum, I'm hoping to get my new FP by mid April.
My Vista printout does not seem to show a shipping date (maybe I just checked the tracking page and got lucky?) but the car arrived at the dealer the day before the listed "Delivery Date". The dealer turned it around in a few hours and I picked it up the same day.
So the "Planned Handover" is still two days away and I've had the car for four days already. I guess I'd have some confidence in whatever the Vista report says after the car is actually built, and that the Delivery Date might already include a good estimate of travel time after being unloaded from the ship.
The "Accepted Handover" on my Vista report is in mid-April. Seems to be a useless piece of information to me...
CyJag likes this.

2017 BRG 20d Prestige, 19" wheels, ICT, Adaptive Dynamics, aluminum trim, roof rails, and hitch. 889442 built 2017-02-05, delivered 2017-03-16.
1960 MGA 1600 roadster, white. Owned since 1975
1994 Dodge 2500HD Cummins diesel with 300,000 miles.

Last edited by TLockhart; 03-21-2017 at 02:00 AM.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-21-2017, 02:05 AM

Quote:
All depends on trucks leaving CA. I'd hazard a guess at mid April.
CyJag likes this.

British Racing Green S with all the trimmings, Built 7/4/2016, delivered 8/22/16. Love it! BRG Grand Duke of Western Colorado Territories (minus Roaring Fork Valley) and Parts of Denver City
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 Old 03-21-2017, 04:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
Anybody know how long it usually takes for an FP to arrive at a Colorado dealer after it reaches the port in California?
The delta time between my ship arrival (March 9) and my "Delivery Date" (March 17) is about 8 days. The vehicle seems to have been unloaded and cleared customs on March 10, and probably was claimed by Jag's port service operation which does some vehicle prep and accessory installation. The 11th and 12th was a weekend. The dealer is a bit over an hour from the port, and the vehicle arrived down here on March 16.
How much of a time gap is there between your ship's arrival and your nominal "Delivery Date"? If it is more than 8 days then maybe they are also estimating the transportation link to Colorado...

2017 BRG 20d Prestige, 19" wheels, ICT, Adaptive Dynamics, aluminum trim, roof rails, and hitch. 889442 built 2017-02-05, delivered 2017-03-16.
1960 MGA 1600 roadster, white. Owned since 1975
1994 Dodge 2500HD Cummins diesel with 300,000 miles.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-21-2017, 04:54 PM

Mine took about 6 weeks from Port Hueneme to the dealer in Broomfield.
post #6 of 7 Old 03-21-2017, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendobe View Post
Mine took about 6 weeks from Port Hueneme to the dealer in Broomfield.
Say it ain't so!
TLockhart likes this.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-21-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Say it ain't so!
In port 12/17, delivered on 2/1, the same delivery date on the Vista order when I put it in on 8/31/16. Sad but true.

And don't expect the dealer to have any updates for you once it hits port, they completely lose visibility.

You may get luckier than I did, probably depends on when the next truck heads this way.
CyJag likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page