12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 Old 03-17-2017, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Something Wrong With the Forum

I went to 2,049 posts on this computer yesterday. But today. I entered the forum on a PC I hadn't used in weeks and it says 1,896 posts. I told you guys there was something wrong. When I access the site on different PCs, the number of posts defaults back to the lower number of the least used PC. I've lost at least 200 posts because of this problem. I thought there was something wrong when I tried to revisit a previous post of mine and couldn't find it. I'm way over 2,000 posts but they've been wiped out because I turned on the other PC.

2017 Jaguar F-Pace S First Edition - Caesium Blue w/Activity Key
Suntek Paint Protection Film - Full hood w/wrapped edges, full fenders w/wrapped edges, mirrors, front bumper w/grille pieces, rocker panels and headlights
Ceramic Pro full body + all windows + all four wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 03-17-2017, 09:14 PM

Do you log out each time? I'm curious, since I use my iPhone, ipad, and the pc at work. I haven't noticed changes in my count, but then again i haven't really been paying attention either.

On order: 2018 BRG 20d Prestige-arriving at port June 5th...pick up date the 23rd? Fingers crossed.
post #3 of 26 Old 03-17-2017, 09:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek View Post
I went to 2,049 posts on this computer yesterday. But today. I entered the forum on a PC I hadn't used in weeks and it says 1,896 posts. I told you guys there was something wrong. When I access the site on different PCs, the number of posts defaults back to the lower number of the least used PC. I've lost at least 200 posts because of this problem. I thought there was something wrong when I tried to revisit a previous post of mine and couldn't find it. I'm way over 2,000 posts but they've been wiped out because I turned on the other PC.
*1896* ??? HaHaHa !!! I'll be past that in no time !!! See Ya Later Alligator !!!

2017 F-Pace S Glacier White w/JET Interior , 20" Grey/Diamond Turned Blades , Technology Pack , Luxury Pack , Comfort & Convenience Pack , Driver Assist Pack , Black Pack , HUD (Wifey's) Manufactured July , 2016 - Purchased Sept. 10 , 2016
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2014 Ford Fusion (Mine)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

post #4 of 26 Old 03-17-2017, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTGRL View Post
Do you log out each time? I'm curious, since I use my iPhone, ipad, and the pc at work. I haven't noticed changes in my count, but then again i haven't really been paying attention either.
I log out each time on this computer but with my other PC, I simply close the window. I don't log out. It remembers my username and password. I've lost about 300 posts. I should have over 2100. This is very frustrating. I don't want to have to use the same PC all the time.

Suntek Paint Protection Film - Full hood w/wrapped edges, full fenders w/wrapped edges, mirrors, front bumper w/grille pieces, rocker panels and headlights
post #5 of 26 Old 03-17-2017, 10:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Trek at the meet can I borrow your PC with the highest post count? I want to up my post!

That is strange, you would think the post count would be stored in our profile on the server. I jump from iPad to iPhone and back to my Macs (a 13 MBP and a 15 MBP), which I change every once in a while depending on what i'm doing on the machine and I haven't seen a post count change that I've noticed.

2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - in the house
| 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible (wife) | 2014 Honda Pilot - Gone traded on F-Pace FE) | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - gone (Went to son) | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife) gone - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - Gone Son Totaled
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife) Gone - went to second oldest Son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - Gone traded on Infiniti
post #6 of 26 Old 03-17-2017, 10:27 PM

Garage
I don't really see what the Big Deal is anyway ! I mean who's really counting ?
NVDesertrat and MTHM like this.

2017 F-Pace S Glacier White w/JET Interior , 20" Grey/Diamond Turned Blades , Technology Pack , Luxury Pack , Comfort & Convenience Pack , Driver Assist Pack , Black Pack , HUD (Wifey's) Manufactured July , 2016 - Purchased Sept. 10 , 2016
- 2014 Ford Fusion (Mine)
- 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

post #7 of 26 Old 03-18-2017, 12:02 AM

Quote:
It's those dang PC's. If there not updating there taking away posts! You need to switch over to the trouble free Apple computers. No lost posts here!
MTGRL likes this.
post #8 of 26 Old 03-18-2017, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator

I hav not lost posts that I am aware of on my PC. I use two of them to view and answer posts. My suspicion is that it is your PC's. Try logging in with both PC's, post with one PC and just refresh the other PC without posting see if they sync up or are they different to start. Delete you cache. What browser are you using?

Mike

2017 F Pace S

2016 Lexus NX200t F Sport

2015 Lexus RC350 F Sport

2012 Corvette Grand Sport
post #9 of 26 Old 03-18-2017, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I guess I need to use the same dang computer all the time, but that is hard because I switch back and forth among gaming machines. The newer if my three PCs has a 4K monitor with built in Nvidia G-Sync, and the PC I have connected to it has dual GTX 980s, so it is handy when I'm in the mood. I rarely use my other two PCs for gaming unless I"m in a legacy mood, and I don't post threads to this forum with my smartphone or Kindle HDX. God only knows how many posts I would lose if I used five different devices to post.

What happened to my 300 posts?

post #10 of 26 Old 03-18-2017, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

OMG you might just become a Junior Member again at this rate!!!!!!!
GRVR, MTHM and TLockhart like this.

Mike

2017 F Pace S

2016 Lexus NX200t F Sport

2015 Lexus RC350 F Sport

2012 Corvette Grand Sport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page