LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-16-2017, 07:38 AM Thread Starter

City/State/Province: CO
(Thread Starter)
New owner in August if I can find the right one

Hi there. Our lease is up on our current "family car" in August and we are looking to replace it. Right now that car is a '14 Cherokee Limited V6, which we've loved overall, but the power and laggy transmission have been a continuous disappointment. The car that filled this need before that was a '06 Infiniti FX45 V8, which had very nice solid power, but lacked a lot of the tech on the Cherokee (it was an 8 year older model so that's to be expected).

Everything else in the garage is built, around $10-$12k spent on mods on our 590whp '07 Shelby GT and on our '12 Wrangler (37's, etc) but the family car stays stock. The family car is my wife's car mainly but it is also the car we take the family out in for 90% of the driving we do together.

We are really picking on both the size and the power of the compact luxury SUV we need... specifically, we want it to be between 181-187" long with 320+ hp, 300+ torque. Those requirements really limit the candidates really quickly and the only other options are the Macan S or GLC 43 AMG. But... those aren't within our budget so an F-Pace 35t Premium is what we have our sights on at this time.

We leased the Cherokee and we decided that we won't do that again... it's just a really expensive way to go. This time we are looking to purchase the vehicle and want to get one used, with under 15k miles on it and at least 3.5 years of factory warranty on it. We will keep this next vehicle around 4 years. We are price-sensitive and want to pick one up under $45k and will be buying in August.

I joined this site since I am a "car guy" and I'm sure I'll want to share pics of our new ride and will be very curious to see how others are doing with theirs. I'll probably follow up this post with classified findings, etc., as we get serious about shopping... looking to buy in August so 6-8 weeks of shopping is on tap. We'd consider buying outside the state and having the vehicle shipped in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-17-2017, 12:03 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Buying a used '17 should not be a problem. Finding it with whatever bells and whistles you want may another story. Lots of luck in your search. Whatever you decide on make sure that you look at the letter that @VZX-CO has put together (it's a sticky in the general forum). It won't necessarily help you from the standpoint that it is directed at a new car delivery but it covers those things you need to look for and make sure are up to date.

Also look at the Problems and Issues portion of the forum and make yourself familiar with some of the service advisories that have been posted.

Mike

2017 F Pace S
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Lexus NX200t F Sport
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Lexus RC350 F Sport

2012 Corvette Grand Sport
post #3 of 3 Old 06-17-2017, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

City/State/Province: CO
(Thread Starter)
^^ Thanks MKenM and kind welcome. It is certainly fun searching. Typically, new car depreciation in the first year is 15-20%, and it looks like f-pace prices are still a little slow to come down, but then again a lot of them really aren't quite a year old either. Nationally I've seen one at $42.9k and $43.5k and a handful in the $45k range, but most still high $40's. We could that (high $40's) $ if we needed to, but I think we'll be pretty disciplined about keeping it under $45k. I've twice bought out-of-state sight-unseen and had vehicles shipped, and I'd probably be willing to do that again for the right car, right price, right seller.

Interestingly, the closest private party seller has this one, and the guy put together an ad about how much he hates his f-pace... going so far as to put a sign on the door... must be a joke.. dunno.. but he listed it on several sites. I'm guessing he is stuck in a lease or ended up with a lemon, who knows:

EDIT: Ack! Can't post links yet since I'm a newbie... the listing is at cars dot com listing 704283970 ... quite an entertaining (disturbing?) read..

I'll be sure and look at that document from VZX-CO. As for the forum I'll probably lurk, research, and ask a question or two and post some prospective ads on here for comments. I'll get my sig updated, etc too.
We'll absolutely need to have the new car by 9/1, and will pull the trigger on something in August.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page