39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 129 Old 03-21-2017, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
VelocityAP F-Pace Exhaust Development

Hello All,

We've been posting in the engine section for a while and have subsequently done quite a lot of ECU Tunes for forum members.

I have been asked by several people about developing an exhaust for the F-Pace, specifically with Quad Tip setup, and also to look at Sport Cat downpipes.

We're based in the Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, so what we really need is access to a vehicle that we can do some jigging & test-fitting of parts with. If there's anyone local to us who is interested please email me at Stuart@VelocityAP.com and we can discuss further. Whoever helps us out always gets a sweetheart deal on whatever stuff we end up producing + tunes and so on.

Stuart Dickinson
Managing Director
VelocityAP Industries Ltd.
O: (1)236-422-3341
M: (1)250-460-1775
E:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 129 Old 03-21-2017, 09:53 PM

Garage
I'd volunteer, but Georgia is about as far away from BC as you can get without getting your feet wet! Keep us posted on your progress.

2005 BMW R1200RT - Piedmont Red
2014 BMW Z4 - Crimson Red
2017 Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport - Italian Racing Red

(Yeah, we like red)
post #3 of 129 Old 03-21-2017, 10:16 PM

What about headers? Once you're into the cats...

post #4 of 129 Old 03-21-2017, 10:51 PM

Garage
Hopefully one of the Canadian members can help you. Id be interested to see how a quad tip setup would work, im guessing you would have to cut into the rear valance in order for it to work.
post #5 of 129 Old 03-22-2017, 05:47 AM

Someone needs to help him out so that we can get a quad exhaust
post #6 of 129 Old 03-22-2017, 08:29 AM
DPK

I think Stuart was speaking of CAT-BACK exhaust only.....

2017 F-Pace 35t-Prestige (The Silver Bullet)

2012 XF 5.0L BRG (The Green Hornet)
post #7 of 129 Old 03-22-2017, 08:49 AM

Garage
Stuart, you have interest in the product on my side, but I can't help out due to being in the US and on the east coast.

2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - in the house
| 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible (wife) | 2014 Honda Pilot - Gone traded on F-Pace FE) | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - gone (Went to son) | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife) gone - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - Gone Son Totaled
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife) Gone - went to second oldest Son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - Gone traded on Infiniti
post #8 of 129 Old 03-22-2017, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
We've done some research on headers for these cars (well, the F-Type anyway) and it doesn't appear that the gains are sufficient enough to justify the expense. About 25WTQ in the mid-range, but since you'd have to pair to downpipes, it's a $3000 setup by the time it is done, which I think is not on the right scale to justify the cost/benefit.

Stuart Dickinson
Managing Director
E:

post #9 of 129 Old 03-22-2017, 05:39 PM

Not exactly, long tube headers are usually going to be installed with high flows or test pipes and I'm pretty confident that is going to yield more than 25 in the mid range even before the tune. Those of us with S models don't get a free 40 HP in tuning and the options for gains are likely to remain few. Pullies, tune, headers, cats. Downstream from there is just sound and that is where most of the competition will be working.

F-Types will remain a rarity due to their cost and the existence of Corvettes and other strong competitors. The Pace on other hand is going to sell in much larger numbers, already is as I'm sure you know. It isn't hard to imagine Borla and the rest of the usual suspects having a go at it. Meanwhile the performance market will likely be left alone by the big names. I'm not trying to claim a business case one way or another but I would not consider the two markets similar. Significantly different volume, demographics, etc.

How long would you need the car?
post #10 of 129 Old 03-22-2017, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman View Post
Not exactly, long tube headers are usually going to be installed with high flows or test pipes and I'm pretty confident that is going to yield more than 25 in the mid range even before the tune. Those of us with S models don't get a free 40 HP in tuning and the options for gains are likely to remain few. Pullies, tune, headers, cats. Downstream from there is just sound and that is where most of the competition will be working.

F-Types will remain a rarity due to their cost and the existence of Corvettes and other strong competitors. The Pace on other hand is going to sell in much larger numbers, already is as I'm sure you know. It isn't hard to imagine Borla and the rest of the usual suspects having a go at it. Meanwhile the performance market will likely be left alone by the big names. I'm not trying to claim a business case one way or another but I would not consider the two markets similar. Significantly different volume, demographics, etc.

How long would you need the car?
Perhaps I should be more specific. When I say we have done a bunch of research, what I mean is that we extensively dyno tested long tube headers on a V6 FType, and on a V8 FType. We tested multiple tube diameters, and this was paired up with a sport catalytic converter.

On the V6 Cars, the net result was 20-25 Wheel Torque, within a narrow range of around 3000-4500RPM. We can and may put the parts into production, but my concern is that the cost to do so and the retail price point we would need bring them to market would be too high (likely circa $3000) to support that level of gain, especially when a portion of it is possibly attributable to the high flow cats. Trust me, I'd like to get them out there, we have probably close to $15,000 of cost in the development process but we aren't the sort of company that is willing to fudge some numbers and pump the stuff out there if we aren't confident in it.

And it's not to say that we won't release something, I just need to know that the business case is there.

For development work - to do a sport cat and exhaust, we generally plan on having the car for a week or so, and prepare the owner for a little wiggle room as well. Just in case for example, we need to order in a different exhaust tip, or have a flange laser-cut to pattern or something, and also to make sure we have our jigs set up and that the jigs are producing parts that fit to the car.

Stuart Dickinson
Managing Director
E:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page