View Poll Results: Who wins, F-pace S or Macan GTS?
F-pace 15 60.00%
Macan 10 40.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 Old 10-16-2016, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
F Pace Vs Macan

I test drove the Macan and Macan S last weekend and absolutely enjoyed it, my mind was all but made up I would be ordering a Macan S. I then took a F Pace S and an R sport out for a spin and now I'm having second thoughts on ordering that Macan. The F pace put a bigger smile on my face driving around town, the throttle response felt much better than the Macan. Perhaps this is the difference between SC and turbo, in the Macan I felt I had to floor it, all or nothing, with the fpace it felt like I had power on tap at all times. GLC43 and SQ5 could be interesting if they were available.

Thinking very strongly about going with an F pace.

I currently drive a m235i and want something that is cargo capable without having to compromise on the fun factor.
Okie, PA-FPace-F and GRVR like this.

2015 BMW M235i
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 10-16-2016, 10:17 AM

Garage
Very Good Observations G-mann ! Check them All out , and Go with your Gut ! You sound like a Level Headed guy , so I am sure you will make the Best Decision that will fit Your Needs ! Good Luck and Happy Hunting !
drdomm likes this.

2017 F-Pace S (Wifey's)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2014 Ford Fusion (Mine)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2013 Nissan Rogue (traded-in on F-Pace) - 2000 Saturn LS (sold in 2012 w/212,000 miles) - 1998 Suzuki Swift (sold in 2010 for $500) - 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

post #3 of 26 Old 10-16-2016, 10:21 AM

When we're all shopping for this level of car, a lot of it comes down to personal preference. My wife and I wanted to have a Jaguar more than we wanted a Porsche or another Audi. We might feel differently in a couple of years (or weeks ).
tvn300, Roadsterguy and Caymus like this.

Domm

Rhodium Silver "S", Tech Package, Comfort & Convenience Package, Black Roof Rails, 20" Blade Grey/Diamond

2012 Audi TTRS
2015 Audi A3
Previous: 2015 Audi Q5 2.0T, 2011 Audi Q7 Prestige S-Line, 2009 Audi TTS, 2008 Audi Q7, 2005 Audi A4 Avant, gaggle of VW GTIs

post #4 of 26 Old 10-16-2016, 11:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-mann View Post
I test drove the Macan and Macan S last weekend and absolutely enjoyed it, my mind was all but made up I would be ordering a Macan S. I then took a F Pace S and an R sport out for a spin and now I'm having second thoughts on ordering that Macan. The F pace put a bigger smile on my face driving around town, the throttle response felt much better than the Macan.
Mic drop!!!

2017 Jaguar F-Pace S First Edition - Caesium Blue w/Activity Key
Suntek Paint Protection Film - Full hood w/wrapped edges, full fenders w/wrapped edges, mirrors, front bumper w/grille pieces, rocker panels and headlights
Ceramic Pro full body + all windows
post #5 of 26 Old 10-16-2016, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

Unless you have a dual set up with an super charger and a turbo charger there will always be lag in the turbo charger.

Mike

2017 F Pace S

2016 Lexus NX200t F Sport

2015 Lexus RC350 F Sport

2012 Corvette Grand Sport
post #6 of 26 Old 10-17-2016, 12:03 PM

The current BMW twin turbo V8's are a "hot V" (turbos in the valley) which allows a extremely short run to the intake manifold. That in addition to a turbo for each cylinder bank ( and it being a 32 valve 4 cam V8 with variable valve timing to start with ) results in no noticeable turbo lag. Also peak stock torque of 480 lb is reached at 2000rpm. Compare that with the supercharged Jag V6 - needs 4500rpm to hit torque peak. Turbos are superior.

2015 BMW 650i M Edition
2015 Infiniti Q50 Signature Edition
2008 Toyota 4Runner V8 4WD
post #7 of 26 Old 02-09-2017, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Test drove a few more vehicles and keep circling back to the F-Pace.

Took a Corvette, M4 and GT350 out for a spin. The GT350 was my favorite but it is overkill for my needs performance wise, it did have me trying to convince myself that I could live daily with a stick.

Inching closer and closer to ordering a S in black with black pkg black wheels with tech pkg. I did tell my salesperson to be on the lookout for one.

Hoping not a big price increase for MY2018. Not sure I could stomach another 3k for my S.
Okie likes this.
post #8 of 26 Old 02-09-2017, 03:59 PM

Garage
Quote:

Took a Corvette, M4 and GT350 out for a spin. The GT350 was my favorite but it is overkill for my needs performance wise, it did have me trying to convince myself that I could live daily with a stick.

Inching closer and closer to ordering a S in black with black pkg black wheels with tech pkg. I did tell my salesperson to be on the lookout for one.

Hoping not a big price increase for MY2018. Not sure I could stomach another 3k for my S.
Don't wait then. Or buy an F Pace 'off the lot'
No waiting

Prestige 2.0 BRG. Latte interior, black hdliner, alum mesh. Roof rails. Adaptive dynamics, heated windshield ,activity key, HUD. Forgot my roof rails

ZOOM ZOOM
post #9 of 26 Old 02-09-2017, 05:02 PM

I have a spec'd F Pace S due in April, but I am eagerly waiting for the 2018 details. It will kill me if there is something special about the 2018's that I want....that would mean waiting longer and probably more $$$. All in all, good problems to have!
post #10 of 26 Old 02-09-2017, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Took a Corvette, M4 and GT350 out for a spin.
Understand why you keep circling back but how do the above vehicles even come close to the FP? Completely different class of vehicles. They are faster, sleeker, smaller and better handling. Just curious.

Mike

2017 F Pace S

2016 Lexus NX200t F Sport

2015 Lexus RC350 F Sport

2012 Corvette Grand Sport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page