340Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 369 Old 05-30-2016, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Strangers' Reactions to Your F-Pace?

I went to the Supermarket on Saturday. I parked in the first space in the first row in Handicap Parking (yes, I have a permanent disability). When I came out of the store about 20 minutes later, there was a guy much older than me sitting in a new Toyota Avalon (pretty car) next to my car apparently waiting for his wife.

As I reached for the door handle, the guy rolled down the passenger window and shouted "Hey fella!" I turned around to face him. He said, "There was a whole bunch of people stopped and stared at your car. Lots of comments on the color. They couldn't figure out what kind of car, but they loved it. You just missed 'em."

I haven't been many places since I received my F-Pace, and I live in a semi-rural town where there aren't a lot of people. But so far my FE has gotten a lot of stares and two instances of verbal comments from strangers.
Dafuture, DMC and Kevin L like this.

2017 Jaguar F-Pace S First Edition - Caesium Blue w/Activity Key
Suntek Paint Protection Film - Full hood w/wrapped edges, full fenders w/wrapped edges, mirrors, front bumper w/grille pieces, rocker panels and headlights
Ceramic Pro full body + all windows + all four wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 369 Old 05-30-2016, 08:35 PM

I shared this in another thread, but in the one and only time I took it to a shopping center, I returned to find 2 guys (with wives standing on the side) literally circling my car checking it out from all angles. I watched them out the window of the restaurant for a minute or two before coming out to interrupt them. Among their many questions was how much it cost -- they were fairly shocked to hear that mine retails for about $55. They thought it would be significantly more expensive!

I am curious to find out whether this will be a regular occurrence. Kind of fun driving a head-turning car!
post #3 of 369 Old 05-30-2016, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

There are certain cars on the road that will attract attention not because they are exotic like Lambo's or Ferrari's, the name is familiar but they have not seen the car before. My Lexus always gets stares and comments probably because it is a more common name but the F Sport is quite striking (in my opinion). I would expect nothing less from my FP when it arrives. Time will tell.
hookah likes this.

Mike

2017 F Pace S
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Lexus NX200t F Sport
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Lexus RC350 F Sport

2012 Corvette Grand Sport

post #4 of 369 Old 05-30-2016, 11:16 PM

The best experience I ever had like this, several years ago with my old m3(2006) I was at a gas station late at night. I walked out of the store and this guy was standing by it just staring. When he saw me approaching he looked up and said "dude that is an absolutely beautiful car, I love beemer" I replied with the obligatory"Thanks man yeah she's a real sweetheart". As I went to get in he said "So what's with all the little //M badges?" It really made me smile because this guy recognised the 3 series silhouette but was struck by a certain something that made him admire the car even though he didn't know what it was. I have never been about big wings and yellow paint or whatever just screams look at me, it's why I was drawn to the F-Pace even though suvs don't excite me...there is that special intangible to the design.... if it makes a non car-guy/gal stop and appreciate it...it's something special
OneTwo likes this.
post #5 of 369 Old 05-31-2016, 10:50 AM

I drove an Acura NSX for a few years, and the main thing I remember is you feel like a rock star when driving. Everyone looks, points, etc. Not the car to have if you don't want to be noticed. Usually people had no idea what kind of car it was, but were pretty sure it was a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lotus, or something similar. I guess it didn't help that it was yellow.
hookah and OneTwo like this.
post #6 of 369 Old 05-31-2016, 11:58 AM
Joe

I love these experiences. In the summer when I bring out my Trans Am it happens all the darn time. I love it ! I personally don't think it's anything special at all but people seem to love it where I am.
post #7 of 369 Old 05-31-2016, 12:04 PM

Same here, had one of the first NSX's in the country way back when. One day a group of high school kids followed me home to see it. One Saturday friends and I were in the back yard, maybe smoking a little something, when we notice three Sheriff's cars in my driveway. We were like "oh oh" but when I walked out they were looking over the car and wanted to see the engine and sit in it. That sort of thing happend all the time with that car.

British Racing Green S with all the trimmings, Built 7/4/2016, delivered 8/22/16. Love it! BRG Grand Duke of Western Colorado Territories (minus Roaring Fork Valley) and Parts of Denver City
post #8 of 369 Old 05-31-2016, 12:04 PM

I have had two noticeable ones, both on the road as I park so far out in lots that very few people actually see it. First time I was waiting at a light to turn left when a car approached from the left turning onto the same street... guy literally stopped, stared and pointed for his companion to take notice. Second time I noticed a vehicle behind me when the driver pointed and I could see his mouth form the word Jaguar
Trek and kris like this.
post #9 of 369 Old 06-01-2016, 08:41 AM

Yesterday I was stopped in traffic and noticed a woman in a Range Rover in the next lane over and about 8 feet in front of me gesturing my way. I opened my window and she backed her Range Rover up to talk to me. (There was no traffic behind her at that moment.) She said "I know Jaguars and I've NEVER seen a Jaguar SUV!". We talked for about 30 seconds before the light changed. Last thing she said was she's going to head to the Jag dealer to check it out.

I have 140 miles on my car, and already have 2 stories in this thread....
deafsoundguy, kris and VZX-CO like this.
post #10 of 369 Old 06-01-2016, 03:01 PM

I have too many stories to post, basically equal to the number of times I've left the house with my FE, but this is my favorite. So I was driving down the road today and I saw a relatively new Porsche 911 come up behind and stop at my left rear. I watched him (because I am a big Porsche guy) and noticed he had pulled out his phone and started taking pictures of my FE as we were driving down the road. I love the heck out of Porsche but can honestly say I have never taken a picture of one while I was driving. Just sayin!!! Pretty awesome feeling. This is fun!
Trek and OneTwo like this.

2017 F-Pace First Edition - Rhodium Silver

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page