20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 Old 06-02-2017, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Replacement FPace S

So finally got the replacement FPace S today. Silcon Silver with the black/gray 22 all season tires. And that folks is the first comment. WOW. The different in the ride quality on all season tires vs. those z rated 22 inch sport tires (which were not an option to change back when it was ordered the original car in Jan 2017) is a revelation. I'm in shock. I thought, yeah, ok, the car will be new but probably still have a bunch of problems.

There is so much better in this car I can't even believe it. Fit, finish, electronics, heck - the stereo is louder which always made me wonder about the old one, the ride, the engine - no more sounding like a ticking time bomb. I still think the interior is so-so in quality(I got the black/ivory combo this time) but it just looks better than the 2017 car.

For $80K it should be great, and so far - only a few hours, it's stunning. I'll post some pics later. To Jaguar, I say thank you for doing what you did. Replacing a car is a big deal to anyone and while it took a while and they were gracious enough to allow me to get a 2018 I have to thank someone. Now, if you could please do something about the 6000 cars on hold in the UK awaiting delivery - our 2017 RR Supercharged ordered in December '16 and was supposed to arrive in March '17 is still "offline". But I digress. At least the Fpace is finally what it should have been.

Later
bpmba, Naromo, VZX-CO and 9 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 06-02-2017, 06:01 PM
DPK

Glad it all worked out..

2017 F-Pace 35t-Prestige (The Silver Bullet)

2012 XF 5.0L BRG (The Green Hornet)
post #3 of 26 Old 06-02-2017, 08:02 PM

No pictures, didn't happen

post #4 of 26 Old 06-02-2017, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofpaceguy View Post
So finally got the replacement FPace S today. Silcon Silver with the black/gray 22 all season tires. And that folks is the first comment. WOW. The different in the ride quality on all season tires vs. those z rated 22 inch sport tires (which were not an option to change back when it was ordered the original car in Jan 2017) is a revelation. I'm in shock. I thought, yeah, ok, the car will be new but probably still have a bunch of problems.

There is so much better in this car I can't even believe it. Fit, finish, electronics, heck - the stereo is louder which always made me wonder about the old one, the ride, the engine - no more sounding like a ticking time bomb. I still think the interior is so-so in quality(I got the black/ivory combo this time) but it just looks better than the 2017 car.

For $80K it should be great, and so far - only a few hours, it's stunning. I'll post some pics later. To Jaguar, I say thank you for doing what you did. Replacing a car is a big deal to anyone and while it took a while and they were gracious enough to allow me to get a 2018 I have to thank someone. Now, if you could please do something about the 6000 cars on hold in the UK awaiting delivery - our 2017 RR Supercharged ordered in December '16 and was supposed to arrive in March '17 is still "offline". But I digress. At least the Fpace is finally what it should have been.

Later
That's great news - glad Jag took care of you. Also verifies what I believed, that the 2018 would show real improvements over the the first year.

2015 BMW 650i M Edition
2015 Infiniti Q50 Signature Edition
2008 Toyota 4Runner V8 4WD
post #5 of 26 Old 06-02-2017, 09:54 PM

City/State/Province: Denver, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofpaceguy View Post

Later
What stands out to you about the difference in the way it looks on the inside? As far as I can tell, there are no changes inside except for the cup holder cover. And it seems like the 2017 has had all the updates to ICTP that make it work just fine (at least on the model I test drove for an afternoon and fiddled with in my driveway). If you can be more specific I'd appreciate it, as I have a 2018 S on the way. Truthfully I just want to feel validated for waiting on the 2018 model for just this reason (although the 2019 model is probably going to have the most updates).
post #6 of 26 Old 06-04-2017, 04:18 PM

That's great to hear and pretty cool you got an '18 replacement. I just got mine a couple weeks ago and couldn't be happier. Glad I waited for the '18

I'm in Chicago too and almost ordered the Silver - it looked stunning in the showroom. Ultimately the BRG lured me in - but looking forward to your pics

Last edited by Verbow; 06-04-2017 at 04:21 PM.
post #7 of 26 Old 06-04-2017, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
What stands out. Well the instrument display has some new options. The car doesn't have a dipstick and it has an oil level graphic. Forward cross alert detection. Something about the steering and suspension seems different. There's more fluidity in the car. Fit and finish are so much better.

The camera now has an additional graphic option to put up lines digitally to get a better idea of backing up. The overall speed of the ITCP isn't even close to my old one. It's quick and doesn't seem to have nearly as many issues. I'm not sure which version I'm on but they've made serious improvements.

What else....the interior seems quieter. Oh, the lane keep assist has a new graphic in the info circle on the display. I could be wrong but seems like they changed a few graphics on the themes. Many of the improvements are no doubt related to the Velar but these cars only share 15% of the parts so clearly the electrical systems have gotten better from lessons learned over the past year and the Velar development.

I have an Velar on order because I wasn't expecting the replacement FPace to be any good. That's now going to be a much harder decision.

Engine is smoother. Not so tinny sounding or like a ticking bomb is going off.

The car just seems much better built.
post #8 of 26 Old 06-04-2017, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Here are the pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1708.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	310.8 KB
ID:	39369   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1709.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	403.0 KB
ID:	39377   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1706.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	319.0 KB
ID:	39385  
bpmba, VZX-CO, hidtawino and 2 others like this.
post #9 of 26 Old 06-04-2017, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
The looks I get from people are hilarious. Friday night two couples wanted to sit in it. Older folks. Nice people. We're walking by and it was on he street.
post #10 of 26 Old 06-04-2017, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I meant Silicon Silver. It's one of the two Prem colors. I love the Carp Gray too and we've had that on two RR's so glad to get a new color.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page