62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 62 Old 04-20-2017, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Prestige or Premium

Friends need some quick input based on your experience.
I am looking at F-Pace 20d. Option is
1. prestige with comfort and convenience package, protection package. MSRP 54,250
2. Premium with cold climate, navigation and cold climate. MSRP 50,343

Need suggestions and inputs on what am I missing and which one is going to be a good experience to drive.

I can save some money buying a premium if there is not too much of a difference.

Plan to sign it today or today and seek inputs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 Old 04-20-2017, 11:07 AM

I have the prestige, and I think there was a reason why I went that way. I believe because I could get the vision package on the prestige and not the premium, but since your'e not getting that.. I don't know.

Check out the 2017 Catalogue. You can still find the old one here: http://www.auto-brochures.com/makes/...ace_2017-2.pdf

For me, I couldn't get what I wanted on a premium, so I had to go prestige.
RAinNJ likes this.

2017 Jaguar Prestige, Ammonite Grey, Vision Package, Convenience, Luxury, ITCP, Heads Up
post #3 of 62 Old 04-20-2017, 11:10 AM

Garage
The Prestige comes with keyless entry if that's important to you. I know there are a number of members here disappointed that the Premium doesn't come with it. Below is the full list of additional standard features on the Prestige.

Taurus Leather seats
Heated front seats and heated steering wheel
Xenon headlamps with LED signature daytime running lights
SD Card Navigation
InControl Apps™
4-way front seats power lumbar
Interior mood lighting
Front and Rear Parking Aids
Keyless Entry
RAinNJ likes this.

2017 Ammonite F-Pace S

post #4 of 62 Old 04-20-2017, 11:11 AM

Garage
Prestige.

The premium you described is exactly what I got and I was shocked at what features were missing over the first week or so.

Passive entry
Sh*tty headlights
Vanity lights
Glove box light (not a big deal I know)
Back seat cup holders
Just to name a few.

I also wouldn't get a Deisel unless your main goal is MPGs. The speed of the 35t is just too much fun. But, that's just me. I came from, and still have, a 12 mpg Tundra so 20-23 was still a huge improvement.

Just my .2c
RAinNJ likes this.
post #5 of 62 Old 04-20-2017, 11:39 AM

Garage
Get the prestige, the premium without the vision package comes with halogens and no DRL. Also the cabin is really dark at night which I hate on mine.
RAinNJ likes this.

Check out my photography work at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 62 Old 04-20-2017, 12:54 PM

If you get the Premium, definitely get the Vision package. DLRs, upgraded Xenon headlights, and a couple of other things (no fog lights, which I think is weird, but I'm not bothered by it).
RAinNJ likes this.

It's home where it belongs: Premium 2.0d, Italian Racing Red/Latte, Cold Climate Pack, Vision Pack, Nav Pack, SXM Radio, WiFi, Activity Key.
post #7 of 62 Old 04-20-2017, 01:26 PM

Garage
Go Diesel!

Is a R-Sport available? You should look at that. Comfort and convenience package not worth it. How often do you sit in the back. Front gets A/C seats though. Drop the C & C and go R-Sport for the difference.
post #8 of 62 Old 04-20-2017, 02:28 PM

I would definitely avoid the premium. Lack of passive entry alone would seal the deal for me. I can't fathom getting my key fob out every time I had to lock or unlock the door (I went with the S, by the way).

1986-2017 Other stuff
1974 BMW Bavaria
1974 Ford Bronco
post #9 of 62 Old 04-20-2017, 04:15 PM

Garage
Prestige. +1

Prestige 2.0 BRG. Latte interior, black hdliner, alum mesh. Roof rails. Adaptive dynamics, heated windshield ,activity key, HUD. Forgot my roof rails

ZOOM ZOOM
post #10 of 62 Old 04-20-2017, 04:17 PM

City/State/Province: Denver, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman62 View Post
Go Diesel!

Is a R-Sport available? You should look at that. Comfort and convenience package not worth it. How often do you sit in the back. Front gets A/C seats though. Drop the C & C and go R-Sport for the difference.
That's a first world problem. It's not hard taking keys out of your pocket and clicking a button to unlock the door. It also helps keep you from leaving your keys inside the car when you walk away from it, since you need the keys to get back inside. Not saying it's a bad thing having keyless entry, just that I find it a little silly to base a decision on whether or not to go up to a pricier trim just for that feature, as a make or break thing.
bpmba, Turbodog and RAinNJ like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page