34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 Old 03-14-2017, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Should I just buy the 2017 model?

It seems like not much is different between the F Paces of 2017 to 2018 except price increases and engines? But on the base trims, everything is pretty much the same?

I was wondering if I should just buy the 2017 model then. This will be my first car purchase. The cheapest 2017 model at my dealership is a NEW 2017 JAGUAR F-PACE 20D PREMIUM 2.0L I4 Turbocharged Engine for 47k.

Also, is a 20% downpayment about right for a new car? My credit score is 774.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 Old 03-14-2017, 08:30 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Madarang View Post
It seems like not much is different between the F Paces of 2017 to 2018 except price increases and engines? But on the base trims, everything is pretty much the same?

I was wondering if I should just buy the 2017 model then. This will be my first car purchase. The cheapest 2017 model at my dealership is a NEW 2017 JAGUAR F-PACE 20D PREMIUM 2.0L I4 Turbocharged Engine for 47k.

Why in God's name would you consider a diesel? Get an S. A V6 that burns GASOLINE and a lot of it.
mrjoed2, Hayseed_FP and DPK like this.

2017 Jaguar F-Pace S First Edition - Caesium Blue w/Activity Key
Suntek Paint Protection Film - Full hood w/wrapped edges, full fenders w/wrapped edges, mirrors, front bumper w/grille pieces, rocker panels and headlights
Ceramic Pro full body + all windows + all four wheels
post #3 of 48 Old 03-14-2017, 08:54 PM

That is a good question and a good thing you started a thread on it.

There's a time to think, and a time to act. And this, gentlemen, is no time to think.

post #4 of 48 Old 03-14-2017, 09:10 PM

Didn't finish my post...

Since you are just looking for the best deal on the cheapest model line, just get a 2017 from stock and be done with it. Do not over think it.
linwalk likes this.

There's a time to think, and a time to act. And this, gentlemen, is no time to think.
post #5 of 48 Old 03-14-2017, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek View Post
Why in God's name would you consider a diesel? Get an S. A V6 that burns GASOLINE and a lot of it.
Hey, some of us like the diesels!
post #6 of 48 Old 03-14-2017, 09:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayseed_FP View Post
Didn't finish my post...

Since you are just looking for the best deal on the cheapest model line, just get a 2017 from stock and be done with it. Do not over think it.
Hey Carl ! I'm pretty sure what Hayseed is trying to say is . . . . . .

"There's a time to think , and a time to act . And this , Carl , is no time to think" !!!

2017 F-Pace S Glacier White w/JET Interior , 20" Grey/Diamond Turned Blades , Technology Pack , Luxury Pack , Comfort & Convenience Pack , Driver Assist Pack , Black Pack , HUD (Wifey's) Manufactured July , 2016 - Purchased Sept. 10 , 2016
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2014 Ford Fusion (Mine)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

post #7 of 48 Old 03-14-2017, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Madarang View Post

Not sure where you are located but it seems there are a lot of MY17 Premiums floating around out there so bargain hard for a good deal. MY18's are expected to start coming in late May so over the next few months there should be some deals. Also as far as a down payment it really depends on what kind of interest rate you can get and what payment you are willing to handle. If your interest rate is low and you can handle a higher payment than some times it is better to put less down and use your cash for other things(possibly an investment that pays more than the interest you are paying on the car). Everyone is different so its tough to make that kind of decision for someone.
post #8 of 48 Old 03-14-2017, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayseed_FP View Post
That is a good question and a good thing you started a thread on it.
Whats wrong with the 2.0l? Does it have a better EPA?

Also in central calfornia, most of the nearby dealers only have the 20d premiums
post #9 of 48 Old 03-14-2017, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by baherrick View Post
Not sure where you are located but it seems there are a lot of MY17 Premiums floating around out there so bargain hard for a good deal. MY18's are expected to start coming in late May so over the next few months there should be some deals. Also as far as a down payment it really depends on what kind of interest rate you can get and what payment you are willing to handle. If your interest rate is low and you can handle a higher payment than some times it is better to put less down and use your cash for other things(possibly an investment that pays more than the interest you are paying on the car). Everyone is different so its tough to make that kind of decision for someone.
EDIT: Awe i cant post links.

Last edited by Carl Madarang; 03-14-2017 at 10:27 PM. Reason: forgot to enter link
post #10 of 48 Old 03-14-2017, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Also theres pretty ,uch minimal difference between the 17 and 18 f pace?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page